Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question's about Active servers and pop, Returning/new player.

LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

Well i am really thinking of returning(more like stating fresh  and all newbie like) And my factor to return is, How active is the game? Which server would be best for i guess a newer player, Will i survie? My main problem with coming to a old game is if its not active or i can't find people to play with its pointless to play a mmo.

Another question may have to be How bad is the leveling(avrg.) And can i get a screenshot of the UI i havn't seen the UI since like 2003 lol.

Any advice commets etc will be welcome.

Playing: Everthing
Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

Comments

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

The most crowded server right now is Mayong, the 51/50 server where you start at lvl 51 with 50 AA's. That server is very popular right now, players everywhere, pugging, and raiding.

Now if you are asking about a regular server to start at lvl 1, I think most servers are about the same.  I like Stromm myself, but I can't guarantee you'll see tons of players in the pre-50 levels.  But you will definitely see more people once you get above lvl 50'ish.  Getting in a good guild helps, because sometimes people play with guildies only.  Anyways good luck 

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

How active post 50 would your server  be?

A guild yeah i am pretty big on guilds and would love to find one as soon as i can. The 50 server sounds cool but at the same time sounds like it takes away from the fun. 

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

eq1 was nothing but botters hackers and gold sellers 3 years ago, i cant see it having improved since then.

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680
    Originally posted by neorandom

eq1 was nothing but botters hackers and gold sellers 3 years ago, i cant see it having improved since then.

Not to be rude or flame, But if the game is filled with all that and you do not play it today, Whats the point in trolling this post and maybe start a problem?

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

I left EQ back just before the buried sea came out but i came back 3 months ago. As for the bots, sellers and hackers, .. well from 1999 to 2006 I never .. not once saw a hacker in the game. I never .. not once saw a bot ( unless you are reffering to 2 and 3 boxing players) Gold spammers, in the last 3 months I have played, I get a tell once every 4 hours or so but its alot worse in other video games.

I started out on Stromm when i came back and i got a shaman up to lvl 75 in the matter of a month. Leveling is alot easier than in the old days with hot zones and daily questing. As for the gear, elegant and the like gear that is dropped random by mobs in every zone is equivalent if not better than some of the Old Raid gear (Omens of War ) in my opinion. The addition of mercenaries has made soloing more tolerable when you cant find a group. The mercs dont cost you real money . they cost you game plat which i thought was pretty cool.

My Nephew and I jumped on Mayong Server when it went live ( 51/50 server) and i have been loving it there, because of the population but more so because of the reminiscent feel of the Plane of Knowledge. I mean to hear someone /ooc EXTENDED KEI AT MAIN BANK and other such buffs takes me back. You dont see stuff like that on the other servers. It is nice to start with all of your skills maxed to lvl 51 as well ( saved me tons of just standing still and feign death button tapping to get FD to work on a regular basis) My monk is currently lvl 76 and I am still having alot of fun on the Mayong server.

I should also note that you start out with lvl equivalent gear that maxes your stats from the get go on the Mayong server. it is a great place to get back into the game in my opinion. Sorry if I was a little long winded, but I have played many MMO's and EQ always brings me back to it.

Hope some of this helped

Work hard Play Harder

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Originally posted by bumfman
    It is nice to start with all of your skills maxed to lvl 51 as well ( saved me tons of just standing still and feign death button tapping to get FD to work on a regular basis) My monk is currently lvl 76 and I am still having alot of fun on the Mayong server.

Money no longer as a weight variant, that must have made a lot of Monks happy.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

Yes .. I was extreemly happy that they took the money weight away. Always thought it to be a bit dumb that coins wieghed so much hehe.

Work hard Play Harder