Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what was the one most rarest item you have received in any mmorpg?

Comments

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Found the pic with my pre9 4444 Jedi with her  NS armband :P

www.imagedump.com/index.cgi

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Got a few epic world drops on my WOW chars.  But even though they were rare they weren't that cool.  Playing a mage; Staff of Jordan drops.  Should technically be amazing for my mage, but it would've been a terrible idea to equip it.  Despite the stats being itemized for a caster, it wouldn't have actually helped me level faster, and would inevitably become obsolete at 60.

Had a few other world epics too, and they were similarly bland.  Early WOW's itemization was rather dubious :X

Much less rare, but far more enjoyable was the Raven Mount.  It's still one of the coolest looking ground mounts in WOW.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• ViewDooViewDoo Member Posts: 268

The most rare MMO item I have received, is a good MMORPG. I haven't seen a truly good one in years...

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

A friend that loaned me 1000g for my flying mount in WoW BC. He was cool with me never paying back.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• EondilEondil Member Posts: 13

My rarest item and giddy moment in an MMO was when I got my first flowing black silk sash to drop in EQ after camping it for months.  Second runner up was when I got my ragebringer.

• rejektrejekt Member Posts: 39

First Alliance Priest on Mal'ganis to have Benediction. This was before they bumped the drop-rate of the eye/leaf to 50/50, but when each was a <7% drop-rate.

Shortly there after every Priest and their alts had one. = I didn't really go after anything rare when I played UO or AC.

<? while (!$i['care']) echo '...'; ?>

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

I've never really recieved anything really rare that I thought was really cool. But I know of a couple times in LOTRO I would dress like a bum and play music, had a couple people open trade and give me some money. HAHA. Made me wish I could sit a cup in front of me while playing and anytime someone wanted to give money you could hear it ching-ching in the cup. That would be cool.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

My T-21 Rifle in SWG.

It was custom made, so only one with those exact stats existed... And it was named for me too.

And you can't beat "unique" with just a rare item :P

imageThe last of the Trackers

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159
    Originally posted by Mazin

Those were kinda rare.

I spent a buttload of time harvesting rare avian meat (5 pop a kill, for a total of 100.000 of em) just to get me one of those.

imageThe last of the Trackers

• oddjobs74oddjobs74 Member Posts: 526

A good PUG...

• NarlhNarlh Member UncommonPosts: 18

The Glowing Black Stone in EQ.  Nothing like weeks and weeks of camping a rare spawn that seemed to have no set rhyme or reason to pop.....And finally, after all the waiting, after the hundredth kill of Pyjzan, there it was.  And 20 minutes later I unloaded it in the East Commons for a small fortune.  lol

• tarviktarvik Member UncommonPosts: 84

Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher  - in Everuqest 

still my most fav looking item in EQ ..was great for pvping way back when too

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by slim26

Originally posted by Xasapis

Threads such as these will lose their meaning once the RMT happy crowd starts dominating the next generation of subscription games. It is my hope that that particular model will fail, because the sense of achievement (no matter how small), will be lost for good when everything can be bought and sold with a credit card.

Sadly true.

Nah, people will brag about how they pwned your face by spending $5000 in the item mall to get that uber powerful sword while the developers laugh at how stupidly easy it is to milk money from addicted gamers.

/sarcasm

True.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by seabass2003

I've never really recieved anything really rare that I thought was really cool. But I know of a couple times in LOTRO I would dress like a bum and play music, had a couple people open trade and give me some money. HAHA. Made me wish I could sit a cup in front of me while playing and anytime someone wanted to give money you could hear it ching-ching in the cup. That would be cool.

Reminds of of getting my legendary weapon in LOTRO. It wasnt a drop but i enjoyed it more than a couple epics i got in WOW. One epic drop in WOW was a gun the other a dagger.  Seems my lock alt got a rare to drop also but cant remember what it was.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Rarest item huh?

In UO there were lots of static items placed around the game world. Books, candles, chairs, tables, etc. Well, each of these was placed by hand before the game was released with some type of in-game tool. Whoever did this forgot to set quite a few pieces so they couldnt' be picked up.

When the servers opened for the very first time there was a mad scramble to get these 1 time only items. Once they were picked up, they would never respawn. A few items would respawn, but only once a week, after the server was restarted and there were always people camping these spots.

A few friends and myself who had collected a lot of these items made a castle near the swamp that showcased all of these rare items.

That's not the end of the story though. Later on there was a 3rd party program released that allowed you to remove the graphics associated with the art for the game allowing you to see what was behind it.

I found many places in the game world that had duplicate art, or different art set over pieces that were never locked down. I ended up with about 10 dungeon wall pieces, 3 or 4 candlebras, a few blue glowing fire stands, a secret door (normal looking dungeon piece when double clicked opened like a door), and a floating white 3 faced head statue.

We stupidly showcased them in the mall and about a month later they were all deleted, just the items I obtained illegally. When I went back to the spots I found the items they were all gone or now locked down.

But, I did not put the secret door wall piece on display.  I had that until I canceled my account, the only one on the server as far as I know.

That's rare.

Some item from WoW? Not even close.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852
    Originally posted by wolfmann

My T-21 Rifle in SWG.
    It was custom made, so only one with those exact stats existed... And it was named for me too.

And you can't beat "unique" with just a rare item :P

When I played there was a week when 2 materials popped with ultra-rare stats.. enough that you could make a carbine that could out dps just about every other weapon out there at the time.  There were no Jedi then but as a commando I could use about anything and I remember using that carbine almost exclusively.  People would see me out in some temple somewhere and all of a sudden I'd get flooded with messages wondering how the hell I was doing that LoL.  I wish I could find the screenshot of that sucker, I'll have to hunt around on some discs and see.  Anyhow the damage and accuracy on it was insane.   That was the best part about swg, you could make some entirely unique and priceless items if you hunted down the right materials and had a bit of luck!

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Originally posted by Xasapis

Threads such as these will lose their meaning once the RMT happy crowd starts dominating the next generation of subscription games. It is my hope that that particular model will fail, because the sense of achievement (no matter how small), will be lost for good when everything can be bought and sold with a credit card.

Sadly true.

Nah, people will brag about how they pwned your face by spending $5000 in the item mall to get that uber powerful sword while the developers laugh at how stupidly easy it is to milk money from addicted gamers.

/sarcasm

True.

When it comes down to this, I will go back to the book-of-the-month club and single player games.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• VallanorVallanor Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by Narlh

The Glowing Black Stone in EQ.  Nothing like weeks and weeks of camping a rare spawn that seemed to have no set rhyme or reason to pop.....And finally, after all the waiting, after the hundredth kill of Pyjzan, there it was.  And 20 minutes later I unloaded it in the East Commons for a small fortune.  lol

I have that memory as well.  I was pretty lucky and only had to camp her for 8 hours to get it, though.  My heart was pounding so hard at that moment though...  and taking it to East Commons, trading it for a Froglock Bonecaster's Robe, then trading up until I had almost 20k platinum (WAY more than I'd ever seen before)... so much fun!

Off topic, but with auction houses that whole feeling of actually being a merchant is gone, possibly for good.  <tear>

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640
    Originally posted by wolfmann

Originally posted by Mazin

Those were kinda rare.

I spent a buttload of time harvesting rare avian meat (5 pop a kill, for a total of 100.000 of em) just to get me one of those.

Was the most rare thing in SWG. swg.wikia.com/wiki/Nightsister_Melee_Armguard

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

Thunderfury. 

Collecting dust on a inactive WoW account.  

• HardlinemonkHardlinemonk Member Posts: 67

I'd have to say a Full Rejuvination Potion in Diablo 2 LOD. So rare and powerful I mean it could heal you all the way up! With one click! WOW!!!

• CinidilCinidil Member Posts: 63

Ceremonial Vestment in EQOA.  In no other game are items as truly rare (if there is I haven't played it) as they are in EQOA, and this one was certainly the most popular in EQOA.  It was a robe with crappy stats, but melee could wear it, and that made it awesome (it laid over your regular armor, so it only helped you).  It was super rare, and eventually SOE took the drop out of the game.  My account actually got hacked because I had one.  Never got the account back.  Sucks.

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by seabass2003

LOL Wish I was there to see, would have been hilarious.

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

I recieved Amanomurakumo in FFXI which is a Relic Great Katana. Only one or two people have a relic weapon per server in FFXI which allows an exclusive ability to anyone who wields a relic weapon, took me 3 years to get. Man I wish I had that kind of time now to play MMOs....

I also recieved Maat's Cap which is something you get for beating Maat with each level 75 Job in FFXI. It isn't as rare as the weapon but still it's pretty rare to see.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914
    OK thanks,  grammar can be tricky sometimes.

Yea, it really is a pain sometimes. :)

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."