Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maplestory 2.0?

bluedragonnnbluedragonnn Member Posts: 118

Anyone else think this looks like a cheap rip-off of maplestory? Im usually not one to complain about how other people make their games but after looking at the screenshots of this game it really does look like maplestory..

Originally posted by Turdinator:
Wow. So many great points made in that post. You are a fine addition to the Athiest movement my good man. Keep up the good work and post as often as you like. It sounds like you have important/intelligent things to say.

Comments

• darthlightdarthlight Member Posts: 10

Agreed, this looks like another AFK and grind game. The class advancement jobs looks exactly like Maplestory jobs with 1st advancement at level 30 then at 80. Even the characters / interface looks like MS.

• QueerKittensQueerKittens Member Posts: 5

Aye. that was my first thought. Even the font/colors of the attack numbers are the same. Nexon seems to be going belly up lately, maybe they sold much of it.

• YannoKnightYannoKnight Member Posts: 2

I'm hoping it will be better. I play maplestory and I've gotten so tired of it. Plus, Wonder King has PvP.

And you get a house.

A freaking, house.

• D_RizzoD_Rizzo Member Posts: 2

You fail if you think maplestory is better.

This game blows maplestory out of the water and I've barely played Closed Beta I

Closed Beta II will be even better when it comes out. This game rules.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Meh it is better than maple story. I still prefer dragonica online over it though.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• tDarkNinjattDarkNinjat Member Posts: 1

I can't waite for the house system to be up and running. I also think that an awsome feature for this game would be bases for your guilds that would be pretty cool.

I agree that this game is better than maplestory, i played maplestory for 3 years but i was having problems with maplestory so i started playing other games, i told myself that i would hate myself if i liked this game more than maple, and lets just say i hate myself alot and unbelievable amount...

OMG HAXORZ!

• tuxtuxtuxtux Member Posts: 2

Yes, i think that WonderKing much better than Maple Story.

• SincerelySincerely Member UncommonPosts: 22

I didn't even get far into the trailer on the main site before thinking "it's a carbon copy of Maplestory". Obviously, Maple Story is better. The player UI is technically the same. May god have mercy on my soul if you DIDN'T get hinted that it looked exactly the same. Ugh. Just who's leg are they trying to pull?!

• DarhammDarhamm Member UncommonPosts: 68

Notice how the users claiming Wonder King is better than Maple Story has 0 (!) forum posts...

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

The ones bashing it have basically the same for the most part.

• kevinboyzkevinboyz Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by darthlight

Agreed, this looks like another AFK and grind game. The class advancement jobs looks exactly like Maplestory jobs with 1st advancement at level 30 then at 80. Even the characters / interface looks like MS.

You sir, are one of the most ignorant person I have ever met.  Let me show you why.  Do you see the difference?

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

The graphics are similar to Maplestory, but the gameplay is so much better.  First off, the game is much more user friendly.  All the menus and interfaces are much much better than maplestory.  Also this isn't a grind it out game like Maplestory.  The majority of your exp comes from quests.  This game I guess you could consider it Maplestory 2.0, since they took everything that I hated about maplestory (which wasn't very much) and addressed them.  I like all 3 games that NDoors has out in the public now.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by Gravarg

The graphics are similar to Maplestory, but the gameplay is so much better.  First off, the game is much more user friendly.  All the menus and interfaces are much much better than maplestory.  Also this isn't a grind it out game like Maplestory.  The majority of your exp comes from quests.  This game I guess you could consider it Maplestory 2.0, since they took everything that I hated about maplestory (which wasn't very much) and addressed them.  I like all 3 games that NDoors has out in the public now.

I agree, this was actually quite pleasantly surprising and very fun to play. There isn't much grind and every feature from maple story has been improved so yeh this is a great game to play if your sick of maple.

• crickster00crickster00 Member Posts: 1

I agree, it's a lot like maplestory. That's what i thought when i first played the game. They even have the same 4 classes, swordsman, thieve, mage, and scout. Even though, it's very fun.