Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Will you reactivate for Ywain?

SelekSelek Member Posts: 236

Title says it all.

-Selek

Comments

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

I just hope they merge mordred with the live servers...dont want to be stuck on Gheris

• kimmarkimmar Member Posts: 446

I admit that I am going to resub.  But it is under some very skeptical pretenses.

I wasn't too happy when Mythic went under the EA umbrella.  But I tried to see the bright side of it.  I read the posts about how EA was the devil to MMO's that people put up, but I was new to the MMO genre so I thought I'd make my own decisions.

Then when Warhammer came out I was hoping for the best for Mythic.  But I have a very strong suspicion that a lot of what went wrong with Warhammer was not Mythic's fault.  I don't know why, just some strange hunch.

Then when I saw that Jacob's left Mythic, I got this sinking feeling.  I always looked at Mythic as kind of a cool underdog in the industry.  I loved them as a company.  But when they had their whole foundations coming apart, something just didn't feel the same anymore.  And that makes me sad.

I love small companies.  I love it when they succeed.  I love it when they do something that is out on a limb and then are successful for taking their chances.

I hate big corporations.  I hate the way they steamroll over smaller companies.  Their products are way more often than not a sub standard product that never really does much innovation or inventing of new ideas.  They just work with what has always worked and stick with that.

I want another Mythic to come up.  I want that cool feeling I got the first time I went into Mag Mel and Tir Na Nog.  I loved that feeling.  And the first time I heard "Glasny on the pad!" and felt those butterflies come up in my stomach wondering what was about to happen in my first RvR experience that I worked so hard to get to.  And all those awesome times in Darkness Falls when you were so complacent in your mob killing just to have some Alb or Mid group come wipe you.  lol.  And all those grab bags that Sonya wrote for us that I couldn't wait to get ahold of.    Good good good times.

=============================
    It all seems so stupid
    It makes me want to give up
    But why should I give up
    When it all seems so stupid

• FESjohnFESjohn Member Posts: 46

i was playing in july decided take a break but i will start to play again for ywain

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418

EA have no creativity at all, they just buy up other companies..EA is a like black hole in the centre of the gaming galaxy, sucking the life out of everything.

• BureykuBureyku Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by ronan32

EA have no creativity at all, they just buy up other companies..EA is a like black hole in the centre of the gaming galaxy, sucking the life out of everything.

Exactly.  This is why Mythic is getting what it deserves, and even though I have liked Bioware in the past I hope they crash and burn like the rest of the sellouts who hook up with EA.

• SelekSelek Member Posts: 236

EA may be a blackhole, but Bioware is still a gaming god.

As for EA Mythic, at least EA games don't have tradeing card games, cash item shops, or a "station exchange".

SOE has just as many or more faults than EA.  My biggest problem with EA though, is their record of canceling games. While SOE keeps even their most dead games alive (planetside).

Anyways, daoc's biggest problem isn't EA, its the community. If we give daoc a high population, we have mythic and BIOWARE to back the game.

-Selek

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

99% yes.  I already reinstalled.  I'm waiting on the official word on when it goes live.  Main reason I quit was the low pops.  IMO DAoC was still better than anything else when I quit.

TBH I would prefer the Origins server to get a fresh start and to ditch some of the stupid expansion classes and content.

• KeayedKeayed Member Posts: 8

I'm ORIGINALLY from Merlin (Server), and then, slowly, my friends began to disappear.  So, I left, for MLF (Morgan Le Fay).  MLF offered me alot of NEW friends, even BEFORE the cluster, and then AFTER the cluster, it was nearly impossible to kep track of my friends...  However, everywhere I went, I would always hear, on Vent (Ventrillo), that "EA is going to destroy this game," and sadly, they were all right.  I've been gone for about 3 years, but now, I'm on Pendrago, again, working on my Infiltraitor, waiting, alongside the masses who are waiting to start playing again full-time...

Most of us have seen this, but whatever...

"Today we have important news to share with the community. EA is restructuring its RPG and MMO games development into a new group that includes both Mythic and BioWare. This newly formed team will be led by Ray Muzyka, co-founder and General Manager of BioWare. With this change, Ray becomes Group General Manager of the new RPG/MMO studio group. BioWare's other co-founder, Greg Zeschuk will become Group Creative Officer for the new RPG/MMO studio group. Rob Denton will step up as General Manager of Mythic and report to Ray. BioWare's studios remain unchanged and continue to report to Ray.

Mark Jacobs, co-founder and current General Manager of Mythic will leave EA on June 23, 2009. We thank Mark for his contributions at Mythic and wish him the very best going forward. Mark played a major part in the success of Mythic with his contribution as General Manager and Lead Designer of WAR.

Mythic retains a strong team led by Rob who co-founded Mythic in 1995. Rob played a critical role in the development of Dark Age of Camelot. In his previous role as COO, he was responsible for all day-to-day management of the studio including all development, operations, and support.

Please join us in celebrating the union of these two award-winning studios."

Well, I like EA for their sport games, not a game in which they have no idea how to continually optimize...  Mark Jacobs, as it states, was a HUGE PART of Mythic, and sadly, if EA had never taken control of DAoC, it'd be MUCH better than it is today...

We'll just have to wait and see...

For now, I remain on Pen, with my Inf, beating the living crap out of anyone who walks across my path...

Except that bright yellow champion who steam rolled me.  Dude, if you see this, STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!!!  You ruined my no death record...  Or just tell me where you are going to be so I can avoid you :p

MUCH LOVE TO ALL

DEATH TO ELECTRONIC ARTS

GOD BLESS Mark Jacobs.....

Keayed - 50 Infiltrator ALB/MLF
    Youralive - 50 Cleric ALB/Merlin
    Cindeleth - 50 Nightshade Hib/Galahad

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by kimmar

I want another Mythic to come up.  I want that cool feeling I got the first time I went into Mag Mel and Tir Na Nog.  I loved that feeling.  And the first time I heard "Glasny on the pad!" and felt those butterflies come up in my stomach wondering what was about to happen in my first RvR experience that I worked so hard to get to.  And all those awesome times in Darkness Falls when you were so complacent in your mob killing just to have some Alb or Mid group come wipe you.  lol.  And all those grab bags that Sonya wrote for us that I couldn't wait to get ahold of.    Good good good times.

Yes.