Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quit after 4 great years.

Computer1337Computer1337 Member Posts: 45

Well, after 4 great years of playing RS, I finally quit.  Reasons are because honeslty, I just dont like "new runescape" as much as old school runescape.  Dont get me wrong, the game is a still a great game, but old school was just so much better.  The new PvP worlds are great, but wild was better, and Im talking about the old wild not the new one.  Trade limit is terrible, new graphics are ok, but I prefer the others (I know, a lot of you will disagree) and it just feels like the game is getting easier and easier.  Anyone else feel the same way? 

Currently Playing: MapleStory
Have Played: RuneScape, Guild Wars, WoW.
Waiting For: Guild Wars 2

Comments

• HaiarHaiar Member Posts: 17

Can't believe you lasted 4 years heh. But yeah, it has become quite a different game since classic RS. The newer features have made it a top notch browser game. However, it has lost it classic runescape feel and that is why I quit also.

• Computer1337Computer1337 Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Haiar

Can't believe you lasted 4 years heh. But yeah, it has become quite a different game since classic RS. The newer features have made it a top notch browser game. However, it has lost it classic runescape feel and that is why I quit also.

It would have been sooner, but my friends would drag me back in lol.  Agreed with what you said about features and classic feel.  I feel the exact same way.

• avneetavneet Member Posts: 68

Same here. I would have quit earlier but friends kept bringing me back. I love the older version of runescape, but know I don't know what this game is. It sure as heck isn't the runescape I knew and loved.

Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

• Computer1337Computer1337 Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by avneet

Same here. I would have quit earlier but friends kept bringing me back. I love the older version of runescape, but know I don't know what this game is. It sure as heck isn't the runescape I knew and loved.

Couldnt agree more.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Originally posted by Computer1337

Originally posted by Haiar

It would have been sooner, but my friends would drag me back in lol.  Agreed with what you said about features and classic feel.  I feel the exact same way.

Interesting, I fully quit just last august of 2008. Fully means I gave all my "decent" accounts and sold the "good" ones. To finalize the plan, I joined RSCA again and got hooked to it, totally forgetting about Runescape. But heck dude, I have 2 admit Runescape still give me bad dreams and such. I mean I have been playing that game agrressively for the past 7 years. Back during those years,no other game whether online or offline, got as much attention as RS. I was hooked. Now I pay the consequences but learned some lessons. Never trust Jagex.

• YamiOfHellYamiOfHell Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Computer1337

Well, after 4 great years of playing RS, I finally quit.  Reasons are because honeslty, I just dont like "new runescape" as much as old school runescape.  Dont get me wrong, the game is a still a great game, but old school was just so much better.  The new PvP worlds are great, but wild was better, and Im talking about the old wild not the new one.  Trade limit is terrible, new graphics are ok, but I prefer the others (I know, a lot of you will disagree) and it just feels like the game is getting easier and easier.  Anyone else feel the same way? 

i agree. except for the graphics part. i think the new graphics are an improvement. althought restrictions put on wildy and trade makes this game for 8 year olds who cant tell if there being scammed. actually, i was 8 when i started playing this game. it was great. except for scammers. but after some time u come to accept it. scammers are really never successful. easy to catch considering their name is in the chat log and the trade and everything. and runescape is all about getting everything yourselves now. theres no friendly donations. u couldnt possibly get help from someone with all that crap. and pking only works in pk worlds? i guess rune isnt a big deal anymore. even for non members, it wont even be hard to just walk up into the wildy to mine some ores. nobody can kill u anyway.

tho something that i've always disliked about runescape were their rules. cursing? is that really necessary? im pretty sure back when i started playing, u had to be over 13 to play anyway. 13 year olds probably curse on a daily basis. so what is the point of censorship? also account sharing is unallowed. why? i have no idea.. im not sure about other mmo's. honestly, account sharing was a stupid rule, which is probably why everybody ignored it.

in all, the game is ruined. it used to be a considerably hard mmo. i mean you use ALL but 3 items when u die. i dont think any other mmo has such dire consequences. now that its almost impossible to die, the game has become a sandbox. its just too easy. the only reason i still play is because i'm considerably high level and knowledgable at the game.