Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will AOC run on my pc ?

Hell all i just bought a new video card it is not here yet so i figured i would post here and see if i can get some feedback. The card i just bought was a ASUS Geforce 8400 GS 512mb I was wondering how this would prefrom on AOC with the following specs.

Amd Dual core processor 2.0ghz

2gb ram

running at 1024x768 or 1280x1024?

Comments

• NoraconNoracon Member Posts: 23

Bump

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Hi there! Grats on the new card.

I think that you will be able to manage Age of Conan on a low setting at that resolution with the set up you have. The card is not the best ever by a long stretch and although a new-ish card, still compares to ones from a fair few years ago in performance. It is definately not really designed to play graphic intensive games. (Just being honest and not having 'a go')

You will probably get an average of 15FPS I personally think which may be to slow for some of the faster PvP action.

Similar question here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/ageofconanhyborianadventures/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-43109689&pid=927504

And some here:  forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php

Bottom line is it might be playable bit it is not going to look that good.

• BaggunsBagguns Member Posts: 152

Im not an expert with these kinds of things, but I'd say it should run fairly well.  YOu probably wont be able to run at max graphics, but it should still look very well.

I have recently upgraded computers but my old one could run conan, very horribly, but it could run it.

Pentium 4 3.00Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, Radeon 9800 128mb 

If that could run the game, then your setup should be fine.

Mr. Bagguns

• NoraconNoracon Member Posts: 23

Now I'm all mixed up i don't know what to think lol... I guess when i get it I will try the trial i tried the trial a week or two ago with onboard nvidia 6400 and on 1024x768 I got 12fps not bad for onboard i guess lol... oh well if it does not run well i gues it is back to Everquest.

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418

It will run it fine, maybe not on max, but you never know. Just keep turning the graphics up and see how it goes.

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by Noracon

Hell all i just bought a new video card it is not here yet so i figured i would post here and see if i can get some feedback. The card i just bought was a ASUS Geforce 8400 GS 512mb I was wondering how this would prefrom on AOC with the following specs.
    Amd Dual core processor 2.0ghz
    2gb ram
    running at 1024x768 or 1280x1024?

Check out this place; System Requirements Lab

You need to download a smkall client, for it to work. Just chose Age of Conan from the drop down menu, and see how your hardware puts up.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• FunbunsFunbuns Member Posts: 11

AoC is a very PC demanding game, but you can buy an 8800gt now for around 30 bucks on ebay. With that card in your system you should be able to handle it on low but even then it'll be hard. I would need to know everything about your system to tell you more. Most people have quad cores these days, but even a tri core AMD 720 black edition which sells for around $110.00 on newegg would be a HUGE upgrade for you, and you get a combo deal + motherboard for not much more. All in all, I would say spend a few hundred if you've got any extra cash to spare, and not just for AOC, but for all the next gen games out and coming soon.