Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware to publish new Dark Age ExpansioN!

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

Adding the 4th Pillar to Dark Age of Camelot, this awesome expansion has it all!

- A new, DirectX 10 featured game engine, bringing DaOC into the current era of MMOs

- A new Rave and Class!

- Level Cap increase and faster levelling, no more grinding!

- A new branching quest based epic stroyline where Arthur could be brought back from the dead for a branching endgame!!

Comments

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I don't buy it.

Link or it's BS

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

The current era uses DX9c,  since DX10 don't adds nothing and most people use XP anyway.

Also, I would play a DAoC with current GUI standards, but I doubt it much that this thing will be upgraded.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
    Originally posted by daelnor

I don't buy it.
    Link or it's BS

Sounds like BS to me as well....

• GhimpiGhimpi Member Posts: 28

Lies...

Ghimpi Stormhammer
    GM Pendragon Regulars - Dwarfs - Warpstone - WAR
    ex-GM Celtic Dragon - Hibernia - Pendragon - DAoC
  • banshe13banshe13 Member CommonPosts: 200

Link or BS but id love to see it long as they dont change anything.         But faster lvling come on you can hit max lvl as is in 3 days 1 week if you a newb.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

While I've heard nothing official about a new expansion for DAoC,

Mark Jacobs To Leave Mythic: BioWare Now in Charge of Both Companies

http://www.mmogamer.com/06/24/2009/mark-jacobs-to-leave-mythic-bioware-now-in-charge-of-both-companies

does indicate it would make sense for any future DAoC content to carry the Bioware label.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

If true might be worth revisiting the game.

• NaitakalNaitakal Member UncommonPosts: 74

Originally posted by Teiman
    Also, I would play a DAoC with current GUI standards, but I doubt it much that this thing will be upgraded.
    So right, they should have updated the GUI when they updated the graphic engine years ago. This would actually bring me back to DAoC.
  • GhimpiGhimpi Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Naitakal

So right, they should have updated the GUI when they updated the graphic engine years ago. This would actually bring me back to DAoC.

MMO = community. Without movement to rebuild the community it would be a waste of time. All the pretty eye candy, GUI and 3D upgrades couldn't help a game that is a shell of it's former self. Only thing that can is organized community support and consistant and sustained player population.

Ghimpi Stormhammer
    GM Pendragon Regulars - Dwarfs - Warpstone - WAR
    ex-GM Celtic Dragon - Hibernia - Pendragon - DAoC
  • AmafiAmafi Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Ghimpi

Originally posted by Naitakal

MMO = community. Without movement to rebuild the community it would be a waste of time. All the pretty eye candy, GUI and 3D upgrades couldn't help a game that is a shell of it's former self. Only thing that can is organized community support and consistant and sustained player population.

You just described WAR

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

They don't make expansions for games that barely have 4k users online during peak. Furthermore, DAoC couldn't upgrade to DX10. Let this once great game rest in peace.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by burdock2

Adding the 4th Pillar to Dark Age of Camelot, this awesome expansion has it all!

- A new, DirectX 10 featured game engine, bringing DaOC into the current era of MMOs
    - A new Rave and Class!
    - Level Cap increase and faster levelling, no more grinding!
    - A new branching quest based epic stroyline where Arthur could be brought back from the dead for a branching endgame!!

If only this were true...

Sorry for bumping this, but DAoC was my 2nd love (right after EQ), and I would love to see something like this.  Not that it *really* needs it in my opinion.. I'm coming back to DAoC anyway.

I levelled a 50 necro pre-ToA and stopped playing after buying that expansion.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't leave for the reason most left at that time.. I actually went back to EverQuest at that point.. Really had nothing to do with DAoC.  I chose the wrong character to level to 50 first imho.  Necro should have been the *last* one I capped.

Anyway.. DAoC is an amazing game that really deserves the status of WoW.. It's just that it's not an easy game (comparatively) and may seem clunky to some people.  If you can play it for a few days however, you will realize that's not the case.

Ahh.. call me a fanboi, i don't care.  DAoC is an amazing game and I keep wondering why it took me so long to come back.  

Acidon

EDIT: I've been a member here since '05 and this was my third post.. Guess I don't pipe in very often.  I just thought that was funny.