Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you believe such a load of lies?

Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

OMG what a load of trash so typical of the useless game developers these days. They think players are mature when in reality the majority are foolish under 12's with no idea of life -no mature person lasts long in RS Forums as kids abuse the hell out of us all there.

Have a look at this trash and see how so many foolish kids go along with such deceipt: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/08/04/the-great-runescape-jagex-and-the-future/#comment-233437

Comments

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

OMG what a load of rubbish on Runescape main page you go to Mod Mark Gerhard replies to questions.

See how they ask does Jagex care about earning payments or players concerns - his reply there is yes he cares but on rockpapershotgun he said Jagex are using players as dummies to test ideas for other games. Help them test it by quitting, only noobs will keep playing when developers keep changing the game direction as tests so eventually they want to annoy the hell out of everyone simply to use on another of their games. Once Runescape is dead then they will do that to whatever other of their games you foolishy play.

QUIT JAGEX GAMES TOTALLY!

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

You sound mad bro.

?

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Hahahahaha......so the Rs fanboy concentration of power still exisits in this world? Well, I have good news for you Jalice, forums net wide are accepting  the WoW superiority over all MMORPGs including runescape. I am suprised those people who commented on the article  just heard of "mechscape" after all the hoax that it would come out in march 2009.

Here is an interesting comment:

"Average age 16, get real as Jagex allowed 10 yr olds & under to play when they made older players quit. Best thing they do is encourage players to quit thus why make other games if they can’t encourage us better in RS. They don’t care about older players at all and don’t think of kids only allowed afew hours a week online playing. There’s too many failures in the game, grinding is stretched more and more to make especially mature players quit – you cant get far unless you hack or scam other players. RS used to resemble real life but now it encourages the worst ways to behave in society and all skills have been messed up then they make just PKers get gear for better skill levelling – they simply don’t care at all about the players. Jagex staff have died young from no daylight as has many of it’s younger players and here is the reason: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/12/27/important-vitamin-d-update.aspx so games these days should make grinding less trouble and allow just night time playing . Grinding is the biggest trouble to make us quit as who would pay for less ability & more rubbish added – Make Runescape2 pre GE/TradeLimit destruction days and Muckscape can be after that – at the moment the game is all PVPscape!"

It is a good comment but, this guy certainly reminds me of this forum 1 year ago. People need to accept that "free trade" and "free pvp" in runescape is HOPELESS unless you are a person of powerful infuence or a well-known mod in a well-known forums. Let Jagex destroy itself , the best thing people can do is to patronize other free MMOs.

PS. I agree with Jalice that boycotting Jagex games is effective and feasable.

I have been reading more...."Jagex is yet another developer that fails to acknowledge Eve when talking about unconventional popular sci-fi MMOs. Although the games he mentioned would suggest controlling not an individual, which would be fairly unusual."

3) Dark Musica asks;

Does JaGeX (as both a company and individual staff, including Andrew and Paul) care more about their game(s) (Fun Orb, RuneScape, and the upcoming MechScape) or more about their players (example: do you think of us as numbers on your paycheck, or loyal players of the game you develop?) (as individual gamers and the entirety of their community)? -AND- would JaGeX (as both a company and individual staff, including Andrew and Paul, as above) be willing to sacrifice some parts of their game(s) (same as above, Fun Orb, RuneScape, MechScape) to please their players?

We care equally about our games and our players and do not think that we have to choose one over the other. We take great care designing our games and making them appeal to our players and, naturally, will continue to do so in the future.

4) The Griffonn asks;

Why do you change things in RS that no one complained about; First of all the layout of the function keys and last the animation of some weapons?

Why don’t you first make an poll of your ideas and watch what the RS players think about it before you gonna work on it, because now you make a new change than implement it in RS and allot of RS players complaining about it. So why not using a poll before or after a drastic update?

We understand that we cannot please all our players with every update. I can assure you we don’t change things because we are bored and we see usability improvements as essential to the continued success of all our games. The truth of the matter is we sometimes realise after we have built something, despite careful planning, that we got it wrong and, naturally, have to fix it or improve it to make it more efficient. As for using player polls, we do plan to continue to get player ideas and suggestions from them.

So this is what Mark Gerhard says in his replies after the round of questions recently, Life is So Fantastic Living since quitting RS and those lies thus now more in Real Life unaddicted to my computer. Try it yourself with a full fourtnight off your computer with eyes wider open.

We can experiment a bit more. I don’t want to say “be more creative”, but when you know you can be quite agile, you feel more free to experiment.

RPS: What sort of demographics play your game?

Mark Gerhard: We know what the players tell us – and given the population size, you can say that’s largely true. FunOrb was designed to be us. Literally, the people around here [Gestures to the Develop bar]. Given that we’ve done no promotions, what we’ve found a year into its launch… we’ve found that the average age of a Runescape player is 16. The average age of a FunOrb player, funnily enough, is 17. But we want it to be 25-35, even 45. That’s kind of the aspiration. While we have a substantial community, we want to grow it into this demographic.

Yet here Mark Gerhard shows that players are simply toys to control and ignore so they can test any modification they want. Who do you think pays for those new game designing etc and why don't failures in Runescape get fixed fully - the technicians capable to fix the game are working on other games that players revenue is providing while ignoring those that pay their income!

Enjoy the Swine Flu if you like their pathetic ideas of scamming players

• YamiOfHellYamiOfHell Member Posts: 48

heh i clicked that link and something caught my eye about the comment. that you'd have to "hack or scam" other players to be successsful.. i hope everyone here realises that its almost impossible to do either of those on runescape nowadays.. also, thats not true. but i'd have to agree if they were to instead say that it would take a lot of time. because it does.

Sorry to disappoint that idea of less hackers and scammers

While I was recently playing I had about 12 friends on Runescape complaining to me about getting hacked and then after more times they get rehacked a lot. Jagex are too busy with their other games paid by Runescape Members to do any real justice to the game, thats another reason of lots more quitting and hacked accounts aren't recoverable if lost before Jagex changed the way to recover them - hackers taking over payments get the last true ID's to forever hold on to what they stole from genuine players.

To put it simply RUNESCAPE is possibly the most false game overall

• haratuharatu Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by Jalice888

OMG what a load of trash so typical of the useless game developers these days. They think players are mature when in reality the majority are foolish under 12's with no idea of life -no mature person lasts long in RS Forums as kids abuse the hell out of us all there.
    Have a look at this trash and see how so many foolish kids go along with such deceipt: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/08/04/the-great-runescape-jagex-and-the-future/#comment-233437

Since the average age of online gamers has now for a long time been known to be over 20, and many statistics putting the age over 30 then I think basing it on people being 12 year olds is a bit of a leap. The reality is that the developers make the same mistake you are making: they presume all adults are mature.

Just because you are over 20 years old and have a job does not mean you will act mature in a computer game.

Hmm, no idea where you got that impression from.

Kids ask us parents and family to join them in their games. Adults generally go for more moderate playing styles and desire genuine gametime without continuous changes that twist what we desired. Adults tend to be 'once bitten twice shyed' thus others like me now sick of these gaiming ways can go back to a disc player like PS2 or XBOX without some fool coming along to ruin what we enjoyed. Time is important so when a game developer wastes our time this way, why should we bother to let them repeat that again.

Enjoy the scam, I enjoy the fresh outside opened eyes better life I have now

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by haratu

Since the average age of online gamers has now for a long time been known to be over 20, and many statistics putting the age over 30 then I think basing it on people being 12 year olds is a bit of a leap. The reality is that the developers make the same mistake you are making: they presume all adults are mature.

Just because you are over 20 years old and have a job does not mean you will act mature in a computer game.

LOL no assumptions, go in game and randomly walk around asking people their age, they will tell you. Pretty easy.

Mind you, we have already done this.. the majority of the players are 13 and under.

Originally posted by haratu

Online games? Do you think all online games have the same "average age"? Please. They all differ. The variety is so great that different  online games entertain different age groups. Basing on 12 a "leap"? This is runescape we are talking about. Not some random MMO. Runescape's latest updates have fostered a more constricted easy system  which attracts people . Talking about developers, that IS true, but the remember this: I can pretend to be anyone I want to be on the internet. Informations is at my fingertips.

• Mem_of_POESMem_of_POES Member Posts: 4

Hmm, no idea where you got that impression from.
    Kids ask us parents and family to join them in their games. Adults generally go for more moderate playing styles and desire genuine gametime without continuous changes that twist what we desired. Adults tend to be 'once bitten twice shyed' thus others like me now sick of these gaiming ways can go back to a disc player like PS2 or XBOX without some fool coming along to ruin what we enjoyed. Time is important so when a game developer wastes our time this way, why should we bother to let them repeat that again.
    Enjoy the scam, I enjoy the fresh outside opened eyes better life I have now

That is the worst part of internet MMORPGS: the developers change the game to please people. A good game company would make a game and not change it, not appease the masses. But then again, jagex changed runescape and DIDN'T appease anyone: they lost more people and subscribers than they gained. It a shame that they thought they needed to change it. It was a great game and now is a game for little boys learning to swear.

There is a reason why only little kids play runescape, and you mentioned it: "Adults generally go for more moderate playing styles and desire genuine gametime without continuous changes that twist what we desired."

Oh, and jagex, if you're reading this: RUNESCAPE SUCKS BECAUSE OF YOU!

It would've been a lot easier if Mace Windu just shot Palpatine in the head.

• Mr.HappyMr.Happy Member CommonPosts: 64

They are puttin more time in "Mechscape" probably because they think it will be such a great "success" Its not like anyone has heard anything about it. No hype lol. They will post it on the front page or rs...

@!@!@!

the ONLY way people will probably hear about it is if they see it on the front of the rs page when it comes out because i GUARANTEE when it comes out, no new "updates" or "quests" will be added for awhile

And so they will try Mechscape... If it ever comes out... With all the "delays"

• SkizophrenicSkizophrenic Member Posts: 20

I don't understand why people vent their hatred out on developers they don't know and games they don't play. What did Runescape do to you?

Constructive criticism is one thing, but "this game sux, the devs suck, all the players suck, and this is why" posts and threads annoy me. If you don't like something, that's fine, just move on. Please don't act like the devs did something just to spite you.

You forget that the developers of most independent companies aren't CEOs looking to score as much money as possible. They are people who care about the game they are making and are going to make it how they want. Sometimes appeasing the players is an indirect result of developing the game, and not vice versa.

Awesomeness

"Nerf Rock, Paper is fine. Regards, Scissors."

• Mem_of_POESMem_of_POES Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Skizophrenic

I don't understand why people vent their hatred out on developers they don't know and games they don't play. What did Runescape do to you?

Constructive criticism is one thing, but "this game sux, the devs suck, all the players suck, and this is why" posts and threads annoy me. If you don't like something, that's fine, just move on. Please don't act like the devs did something just to spite you.

You forget that the developers of most independent companies aren't CEOs looking to score as much money as possible. They are people who care about the game they are making and are going to make it how they want. Sometimes appeasing the players is an indirect result of developing the game, and not vice versa.

About your last paragraph: the developers at jagex are changing runescape to get more money. they are trying to attract as many people as they can, which has turned out to be mainly 10 year old boys. the reason why they are trying to attract a younger audience? the loss of the wilderness. the wilderness was a major part of the game, controlling everything from the economy to the reason why people played. I don't know why they would change that. the wilderness basically controlled the game, and without it, it went all downhill.

It would've been a lot easier if Mace Windu just shot Palpatine in the head.

• Mr.HappyMr.Happy Member CommonPosts: 64

It doesnt seem like they are making more money. I mean the ge and remove of wild and other stuff caused many people to quit. I dont see how they are making more money off these "updates" or whatever you want to call them

EDIT: A couple years ago they rs was easily at 200k plus players per day. I just looked at they are at 150k. Thats about 50k less people (idk how many people are members?) but thats a pretty big reduction

• ng_min_teckng_min_teck Member Posts: 102

lol

imageimage

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

RS is still full of 8-12 year olds and still has THE worst community in the history of online gaming (reason enough not to play it).

I recently read in the paper that Jagex stated that 100 million people had made a Runescape account, that would be about 1 in 60 people in the world (when you remove most of africa and poorer parts of asia from the equasion that number drops significantly).  Yet no one I speak to in the real world or other online games has ever heard of Jagex or runescape.  This company is so full of it, just don't believe what they say.  It's only a matter of time before the press and their investors find out the real figures.

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

Hahahahahahaha....Runescape.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

Originally posted by NasherUK

RS is still full of 8-12 year olds and still has THE worst community in the history of online gaming (reason enough not to play it).
    I recently read in the paper that Jagex stated that 100 million people had made a Runescape account, that would be about 1 in 60 people in the world (when you remove most of africa and poorer parts of asia from the equasion that number drops significantly).  Yet no one I speak to in the real world or other online games has ever heard of Jagex or runescape.  This company is so full of it, just don't believe what they say.  It's only a matter of time before the press and their investors find out the real figures.

i dun think so,if not 1 play then they will be not more rwt and bot ,because of rwt and bot spoil it,the bot look good at rs and make ppl rwt money so as result ,alot of bot and rwt involve,plus runescape player mostly from core country and they buying rs money 1m 3 us dollar,u said 8-12 year old where they get the money from?from this evidence show runescape is fmaous and alot ppl know it

u go think about it now silkroad have the problem like last time of runescape full of bot and rwt

imageimage

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by ng_min_teck

i dun think so,if not 1 play then they will be not more rwt and bot ,because of rwt and bot spoil it,the bot look good at rs and make ppl rwt money so as result ,alot of bot and rwt involve,plus runescape player mostly from core country and they buying rs money 1m 3 us dollar,u said 8-12 year old where they get the money from?from this evidence show runescape is fmaous and alot ppl know it

u go think about it now silkroad have the problem like last time of runescape full of bot and rwt

Can you understand the words that are comming out of my mouth?

Yes it IS full of kids, their own PR reps call it a junior mmo, not a real mmo. It is an mmo for the kiddies silly, Adam Tuckwell was showing off his child safety  awards at E3.

They made children their target audience.. lied to their players about it while telling the rest of the gaming community they hoped to have  it completely child friendly by the 3rd quarter of 2009.. where have you been? LMAO

They want to compete with hello kitty online .. not real mmorpgs.  Parents use it as a babysitter for their kiddos.. and buy them accountsa dn rmt items as well.. there are YOU tube videos of it .  Runescape is famous for being the mmo that sucks. not something they really want to be proud of.

SRO sucks too... that is old news as well.

Originally posted by deviliscious

Originally posted by ng_min_teck

Can you understand the words that are comming out of my mouth?

Yes it IS full of kids, their own PR reps call it a junior mmo, not a real mmo. It is an mmo for the kiddies silly, Adam Tuckwell was showing off his child safety  awards at E3.

They made children their target audience.. lied to their players about it while telling the rest of the gaming community they hoped to have  it completely child friendly by the 3rd quarter of 2009.. where have you been? LMAO

They want to compete with hello kitty online .. not real mmorpgs.  Parents use it as a babysitter for their kiddos.. and buy them accountsa dn rmt items as well.. there are YOU tube videos of it .  Runescape is famous for being the mmo that sucks. not something they really want to be proud of.

SRO sucks too... that is old news as well.

will maybe provide some more reliable source,maybe u don't even know what source is reliable or maybe is just ur view lol?don't talk thing with not reliable and as the result can get sue,read rule of conduct before post it.

youtube,is make by people so u think this is reliable,well might as well hello kitty as well also for kid too,so r u a kid?lol.

you r 25+ teenager and u can't even know what evidence is reliable lmao?

btw the theroy of runescape and hello kitty same ,is for kid,teenager and adult.

face the fact dude.

imageimage

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

Please make yourselves aware of the RoC before posting if you wish to avoid disciplinary action.

/closed 

This discussion has been closed.