Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slim Ps2

I have been hearing that Sony has made a big boo boo.  Rumor of course, but I heard that in the new Slim Ps2 over-heats very easly.  Actually I have heard that if you play it for 6 hours strait it just cuts off due to over-heating.  I guess that they forgot to put a cooling fan or something in there I'm not to sure.  If you have heard anything or no anything please mail me or post here, thanks.

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.-
Frank Zappa

Comments

• -Kurt--Kurt- Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by robbykl1415
    I have been hearing that Sony has made a big boo boo.  Rumor of course, but I heard that in the new Slim Ps2 over-heats very easly.  Actually I have heard that if you play it for 6 hours strait it just cuts off due to over-heating.  I guess that they forgot to put a cooling fan or something in there I'm not to sure.  If you have heard anything or no anything please mail me or post here, thanks.

My friend got one, luckily he had a warranty. He likes to play games...alot!

He has like overheated 3 slim PStwo's.

If you want good ventillation in it, you would need to cut it appart with a dremmel tool, but this voids the warranty image

Does anyone know if they are going to fix the over heating problem in newer versions of the product?

Also, when a magasine was writing a review for san andreas, with the slim ps2, it started to smell like smoke! and it wrecked the console! image