Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could go back an play your character from 8+ years ago would you?

rgmtrgmt Member Posts: 8

my question is that if sony would restore all your old characters would you start playing again?

Ancient Everquest Player

Comments

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Most of my characters from that long ago were /moved to the Antonious Bayle server, where they still are, and I almost never even look at them, so I'd have to say no.

I have an iksar necro I made at the beginning of Kunark which is my oldest *still existing* character-- I deleted the enchanter I played before Kunark. There's a shadow knight of mine on ABayle that is from around the time of Velious, so that's pretty old at this point too... But other than the occasional visit to character select, I pretty much never log in there. My gear is old and out-of-date, and I've moved on.

(Mentioning those old characters reminds me that once someone snidely "corrected" me that "there was no pre-Kunark era!"  )

Edit: Your old characters may still be there, waiting for you, if they were at least level 10. If you know your log-in information, you can always go look at your characters at eqplayers.com without even subscribing to the game.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• I made a mistake of deleting mine (my way of putting them to rest and moving on)...and regretting it ever since.

So yeah, I would in a heartbeat.

• ClatilClatil Member Posts: 41

without a doubt, in a second,...

If it was the old game, PRE- PoP or so, when running through South Karana was more of an adventure than anything.

If I had a time machine, I wouldn't go kill hitler or something...I'd probably just zap back to 10 years ago and play everquest...

Sad?,,,uhhh

• ionlyneeditionlyneedit Member Posts: 123

As the game stands, no. I still have my very first EQ main sitting on whatever patchwork horror Torvonnilous was merged into.

---
    I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

I could've played my old characters, but I came back recently after being gone for 5 years, and chose to start over.  Part of the fun playing is to start over new, and enjoy the game from the start.  Since I had missed so much of the content in the 5 years I was gone, I figured to just start over rather than figure out what I did 6 years ago on a lvl 65 druid.

So for me, it was a new server, new character, new name.  Kinda like a new beginning of sorts...which honestly has worked out rather well.  I've been playing for 5 months now and still having a great time, still so much to do.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

I still have my original characters since I started in 1999. I even have characters on the Test Server still.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• TeiraaTeiraa Member UncommonPosts: 447

If it were free, I would come back and play occasionally. Otherwise, nay.

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Originally posted by Teiraa
    If it were free, I would come back and play occasionally. Otherwise, nay.

There have been a few Free periods. Last years Living Legacy was the all around best as you got to play for 60 days, I played both EQ & EQII during that give away. Right now I'm playing the free 30 days 51/50 Mayong Server deal. Granted I have to play with a different station name, which doesn't have my original characters, but I'm back in Norrath.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• JiuJitsuJiuJitsu Member Posts: 93

I would play my character from 8+ years ago

• caynenablecaynenable Member UncommonPosts: 13

Yup, I would. I have my Ranger from day one, always was my main, started a buttload of others but always had to play the Ranger more then anything else, and since I might be starting EQ again, I will be playing him.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by rgmt

my question is that if sony would restore all your old characters would you start playing again?

Nah I wouldn't

But if they made a server base on the same rulset 8+ year ago, now thats another story.