Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic/Vanilla WoW servers?

Rogue420Rogue420 Member Posts: 296

Since ActBlizz have been caving into the demand of all these paid changes.... Do you think it's a matter of time before we see this? They could make it require both expansions or a special key to play on this(ese) server(s). Heck I'd even be willing to pay extra money every month to play on a Classic WoW server. I was hoping when WotLK came out it would capture EK and Kalimdor's epicness, but I was greatly let down. Nothing like those late night UBRS runs or Blackrock Mountain PvP.

Pats are gonna go 19-0 2008-2009 season

Comments

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Problem is, what are you gona do once you've clear all the contents vanilla wow have to offer?

You will grow bored and just transfer off that server.

RIP Orc Choppa

• KujuKuju Member UncommonPosts: 51

Bored with a server that doesn't have cross-server battlegroups? I think not. Not to mention it'll take a lot longer to gear up and go through T1/ZG/AQ20-T3 vs what we have now.

• Rogue420Rogue420 Member Posts: 296
    Originally posted by arctarus

Problem is, what are you gona do once you've clear all the contents vanilla wow have to offer?
    You will grow bored and just transfer off that server.

Reroll another class? ActBlizz makes more money from all the transfers.... So they'd be happy.

Also I think it was less than 1% got to actually complete old Naxx?

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Not sure there would be a huge audience for a classic server. Plus if you really want that, you could play it in a private server?

Anyway, the classic WoW was fun at the time, could not see myself going through that again even tho I liked it a lot more than TBC or WoTLK.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368
    Originally posted by t0nyd 
     World PvP was more more interesting in vanilla WoW. With max hps being around 5k, lower levels got to participate much more often. it all depends on what raid content is implemented and how they develop endgame PvP. I have no desire to lvl to 80 and jump on the gear grind treadmill. I would much prefer to have 1 char at 60 and a bunch around 20-30 for old school south shore PvP fun, but thats me...

World PvP was only fun for a very short time. When they introduced honor and before they implemented BGs. Before and after that period it has always been pointless. Sure, raiding the faction bosses is fun for few times, but after that it is pointless again.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by thexrated

Originally posted by t0nyd 
     World PvP was more more interesting in vanilla WoW. With max hps being around 5k, lower levels got to participate much more often. it all depends on what raid content is implemented and how they develop endgame PvP. I have no desire to lvl to 80 and jump on the gear grind treadmill. I would much prefer to have 1 char at 60 and a bunch around 20-30 for old school south shore PvP fun, but thats me...

World PvP was only fun for a very short time. When they introduced honor and before they implemented BGs. Before and after that period it has always been pointless. Sure, raiding the faction bosses is fun for few times, but after that it is pointless again.

Whenever I see one of those posts, I always wonder if these guys even play on a .... pvp server

EU Al Akir, Stormscale, ... you name it.

I bet  they don't even know how many daily open world PvP quests there are in Northrend alone.

Too bad world pvp in Northrend doesn't happen due to FLYING MOUNTS!!!! I also hope you're not talking about those quests that everyone ignores each other to just get the boring/repetitive quests over with.

VENTURE COINS?! CAUSE VENTURE COINS REALLY SERVE A PURPOSE AT 80 OR EVEN AT 70ish AFTER YOU GOT THE TRINKET U NEED?

BTW I had this PvP quest in Icecrown that asked me to slay 10 or 15 horde players and would reward me with a small bit of honor.... Never finished it after months.... cause everyone is on their flying mount farming nodes?

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631

36 hour long AV's

Southshore/Tarren Mill raids and the oh so fun DK (dishonorable kill, not Death Knight lol)

Fun times, I'd go back for that

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• BaggunsBagguns Member Posts: 152

I have never experienced pre wotlk  or pre bc raid content at all so I think a classic WoW server would be fun.  I kno you could just find a group and run them, but I would like to run them how they were ment to be run, at lvl 60 with 40 ppl.

Mr. Bagguns

To be honest, raid content was the same then as it is now, only difference is obviously it was harder to find 39 fuckwits to run around with for 4 hours than it is to find 24 fuckwits to run around with for 2 hours. The only real difference is that AQ40 and Naxx were a real challenge for even the best raid guilds, so scrubb guilds that could get 40 people to raid had no chance of getting anything done wother than endlessly wiping on trash. Nope, if you're a raid focused player, be glad you've got WotLK

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• LaritaLarita Member Posts: 16

new and original idea

• Lille7Lille7 Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by efefia

Nope, if you're a raid focused player, be glad you've got WotLK

You mean if you're a raid focused bad player. Also, if you raided pre BC in a half bad guild, you could still do MC/AQ20/ZG, maybe even try BWL.

Originally posted by Lille7

Nope, if you're a raid focused player, be glad you've got WotLK

You mean if you're a raid focused bad player. Also, if you raided pre BC in a half bad guild, you could still do MC/AQ20/ZG, maybe even try BWL.

Too long, too boring, even when you went with people who knew wtf they were doing it was a long boring evening imo. Of course the farm factor didn't help, having to gear up 60 players from one raid instance to progress to the next, fucking ridiculous. Just a shame that Bliz have never managed to strike a balance so that skill was rewarded, as opposed to time spent dungeon crawling, one of the fundamental flaws this game has always had is that gear > skill, be it in pve and even more so in pvp.

To be honest, raid content was the same then as it is now, only difference is obviously it was harder to find 39 fuckwits to run around with for 4 hours than it is to find 24 fuckwits to run around with for 2 hours. The only real difference is that AQ40 and Naxx were a real challenge for even the best raid guilds, so scrubb guilds that could get 40 people to raid had no chance of getting anything done wother than endlessly wiping on trash. Nope, if you're a raid focused player, be glad you've got WotLK

It was no where close to the same DURRRR!! Raiding is too easy now in WotLK..... A full BRD run took more effort then 25 Naxx. Only bads hated vanilla, because there wasn't pugs or BGs to carry you to epics.

Originally posted by Rogue420

It was no where close to the same DURRRR!! Raiding is too easy now in WotLK..... A full BRD run took more effort then 25 Naxx. Only bads hated vanilla, because there wasn't pugs or BGs to carry you to epics.

Yay, a WoW elitist fool for me to have fun with

"Time spent raiding + EPLIXX! obtained = skilled playa!"

yes? 

Yay, a WoW elitist fool for me to have fun with

"Time spent raiding + EPLIXX! obtained = skilled playa!"

yes? 

WoW elitist? LMFAO!! you're saying WotLK takes moar skill now yes DURR?!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Do you think they still keep the old code around to do that though? I would figure that after one of those major patch updates they would delete the "obsolete" code. But then again, EQ has some OG servers up, even though they do still have the updated graphics. Which patch would you draw the line at pre-BC?

Offtopic: I would be surprised if the Pats win more than 7 games this season.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Originally posted by templarga

Un, no. A LOT of people hated vanilla WOW and the raids associated with it. I ran a hardcore raiding guild on Blackhand for a long time at launch and it was the most miserable experience of my gaming career.

People do not remember the issues and problems that the 40 man raids presented and what it took to make them successful. We were good at what we did, came from EQ and were a known raiding guild there too and the WOW 40 mans ripped the guild apart at the seams. Some real life friends are no longer friends because of the crap that occurred. It made the game feel like work and a job and it was anything but fun.

Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge and I love conquering hard content. The problem with the initial raids were that it was the only content and once the repetitive factor set in, it became painful. Maybe Blizzard has gone too far focusing on the casual and easier content but I have no problem with that simply because there is no way in hell I would go back to 40 man raids and re-play what went on at launch.

^ that's how i know you're lying.... no one would continue to play a game if you're having a miserable time. KTYBYE

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Un, no. A LOT of people hated vanilla WOW and the raids associated with it. I ran a hardcore raiding guild on Blackhand for a long time at launch and it was the most miserable experience of my gaming career.

People do not remember the issues and problems that the 40 man raids presented and what it took to make them successful. We were good at what we did, came from EQ and were a known raiding guild there too and the WOW 40 mans ripped the guild apart at the seams. Some real life friends are no longer friends because of the crap that occurred. It made the game feel like work and a job and it was anything but fun.

Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge and I love conquering hard content. The problem with the initial raids were that it was the only content and once the repetitive factor set in, it became painful. Maybe Blizzard has gone too far focusing on the casual and easier content but I have no problem with that simply because there is no way in hell I would go back to 40 man raids and re-play what went on at launch.

^ that's how i know you're lying.... no one would continue to play a game if you're having a miserable time. KTYBYE

DURRRR!  lmfao

You fomrulate a magnificent argument and I bow to your superior intellect.

DURRRR!  lmfao

You fomrulate a magnificent argument and I bow to your superior intellect.

L2SPELL MR. INTELLECT DURR!!!!

You are wrong. It was miserable and the reason I did it was because I was the GM of the guild. You know, I was responsible and made decisions for the guild and tried to make it as fun as possible....something mature adults do.

After about 8 months, I left and went Horde and played there since then.

But you answered your own question. Yes it was miserable and yes we did continue to play because that was all we had to play in WOW. I loved the game and I loved playing the game. But I hated the raiding aspect and hated the hardcore aspect. It didn't work then and it won't work now.

Next time, read people's comments before trying to look cool with some smart-ass reply. You might learn something.

Nah. See you're still not making any sense. Why do something (esp during ur free time) that you don't enjoy?!

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

You are wrong. It was miserable and the reason I did it was because I was the GM of the guild. You know, I was responsible and made decisions for the guild and tried to make it as fun as possible....something mature adults do.

But you answered your own question. Yes it was miserable and yes we did continue to play because that was all we had to play in WOW. I loved the game and I loved playing the game. But I hated the raiding aspect and hated the hardcore aspect. It didn't work then and it won't work now.

Next time, read people's comments before trying to look cool with some smart-ass reply. You might learn something.

Nah. See you're still not making any sense. Why do something (esp during ur free time) that you don't enjoy?!

Because WoW is crack and he was addicted.

I also had a simular experience being the Main tank of my guild, having to run raid content 6 hours a night 6 days a week for near three years.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

Originally posted by JGMIII

I also had a simular experience being the Main tank of my guild, having to run raid content 6 hours a night 6 days a week for near three years.

bad analogy is bad

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Originally posted by JGMIII

bad analogy is bad

Are you capable of carrying out a conversation without using leet speek???

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.