Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF subs increasing rapidly

Comments

• javacjavac Member Posts: 1,175

i love how trollbois are trying to spin this obvious upward trend as meaning nothing or being somehow negative.

Ave are about to open a third server, official forum registered accounts are still going up by 500 per week, clan counts from the actual game show an steady upward trend since the expansion and now xfire also shows solid growth in both users and playtime. quite the contrast to eg: WAR which has now closed 63 servers since release, or AOC which is also on life support.

Just another case of the emperor has no clothes.

• khartman2005khartman2005 Member Posts: 477
    Originally posted by javac

i love how trollbois are trying to spin this obvious upward trend as meaning nothing or being somehow negative.

Ave are about to open a third server, official forum registered accounts are still going up by 500 per week, clan counts from the actual game show an steady upward trend since the expansion and now xfire also shows solid growth in both users and playtime. quite the contrast to eg: WAR which has now closed 63 servers since release, or AOC which is also on life support.

So, how much is AV paying you to spout this BS.

AV made a mistake in opening a second server.. they open a third and it will be the death of them for sure.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Can you link to where they are talking about opening a third server?  I'm genuinly curious, especially as to which region it would/will be in.  Thanks!

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Well, and just where are the real fans of the game? Do they agree with this nonsense he is spouting? Why not call on the trolls on both sides?

People like javac make the whole community look like a bunch of nerdy people completely detached from reality. Yet, they are strangely silent, as usual. But a single joke on a "starting to play" thread is reason enough for all kinds of remarks.

Let's see at least some consistency.

• terafisterafis Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by jimmyman99

www.xfire.com/games/darkfall/Darkfall/

almost 100% growth in playtime according to XFire in a single month.

Seeing how DF used to be #50 just this march(now its only #133), its ... what, a 38% drop? but wait, you aren't counting the decreases, only increases. So yeah, in that case DF always increases its numbers.

No matter what happens, even if it shuts down, people like Javac will tell us Darkfall is a massive success :P

The list of games ahead of Darkfall on the Xfire list is pretty funny - I actually thought a couple of them had shut down a long time ago lol

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    Originally posted by egotrip

what  awful loop. And nothing like being late huh.. See you post this kind of stuff the 2nd 3rd post.. not 4 pages into it..

• PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410
    Originally posted by miagisan

#132 ranked
    193 players

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah but those 193 people playing Darkfall have INCREASED THEIR PLAYTIME TIME BY ALMOST 100% THIS MONTH!

Based on this compelling body of evidence presented I now understand why Javac thinks Darkfall could have 150,000 subscribers 1 year from now.

Originally posted by niceguy3978

Can you link to where they are talking about opening a third server?  I'm genuinly curious, especially as to which region it would/will be in.  Thanks!

He can, but it would be a link to another one of his posts talking about them talking about it.

Originally posted by Polarization

He can, but it would be a link to another one of his posts talking about them talking about it.

it's on the front page of www.eu.darkfallonline.com

/clue

Yeah but those 193 people playing Darkfall have INCREASED THEIR PLAYTIME TIME BY ALMOST 100% THIS MONTH!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

scarily, that looks like my best friend.....  although, it'd probably be captain crunch she'd be eating...

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• cmgangrelcmgangrel Member UncommonPosts: 152

/clue

Sorry, but WHERE on the front page does it mention anything about a 3rd server? I see no post about it. And yes, i did follow your link.

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

I like threads like this one from posters like javac.

Want to know why?

For one it gives opportunity to use xFire data when it shows a downward trend then. 

Which, if I am not mistaken is still down; as DarkFall was at #50 on 3-18-2009.  It's now at what?  # 134?

Hmm... most would say that a drop from #50 to #134 would be a DECREASE... but not in the world of those like javac.  Nope, no sir.  That is undeniable proof of rapidly increasing subs.  Heh... o.k.

Which brings up the second point of why I like these threads from those like javac. 

These threads prove beyond a shadow of a doubt how you should value their opinion and information. 

So, I for one want to thank javac for opening the door for the rest of us to point to xfire data as concrete proof of sub. #'s.  (I wonder who is going to tell him that being #134 isn't very good?) 

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875
    Originally posted by describable

scarily, that looks like my best friend.....  although, it'd probably be captain crunch she'd be eating...

Your friend looks like Scarlet Johansson?

You lucky, lucky b*stard......

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

#134 down from #132 yesterday

Highest: #50 on 2009-03-18

dropping like a rock! :)

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776
    Originally posted by augustgrace

So the average player plays over 8 hours a day?  Seems a bit unlikely. 
    Looks like a handful of players are trying to artificially boost DF's popularity.

It logs them as playing for over 8 hours per day because thats when they are AFK while asleep and macroing their skills up!

• mannymanmannyman Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Shoju

Looks like a handful of players are trying to artificially boost DF's popularity.

It logs them as playing for over 8 hours per day because thats when they are AFK while asleep and macroing their skills up!

Sadly, that's 100% true.

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by mannyman

Originally posted by Shoju

Sadly, that's 100% true.

I agree. hahaha

• cult7cult7 Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by cmgangrel

/clue

Sorry, but WHERE on the front page does it mention anything about a 3rd server? I see no post about it. And yes, i did follow your link.

Darkfallinfo Q&A with Tasos

July 23 2009

Tasos replied to six questions collected from the Darkfall community. These questions are about the N. American Launch, character transfers, Darkfall policies, the next EU server, subscriber only forums, and N. American publishing.

Originally posted by miagisan

#134 down from #132 yesterday

Highest: #50 on 2009-03-18

dropping like a rock! :)

Yeah but playtime is INCREASING RAPIDLY, and subs are INCREASING RAPIDLY because I say so, why can't you troll haters understand, this game is a major success story.

Tasos "EU2 is on our minds, perhaps a couple of months down the road. There's no specific date as of yet but it's definitely in the plans."

See, Tasos would not have a second EU server on his mind and be making plans for it with no specific date if subs were not RAPIDLY INCREASING!, more proof that Darkfall subs are indeed definitely RAPIDLY INCREASING! or will be soon, perhaps in a couple of months.

What a tremendous success this game has turned out to be for those left playing it, these Xfire statistics prove that beyond doubt.

No sir not dropping like a rock,far from it, much more like a meteoric rise success story that will stand the test of time.

The reason why the game has dropped from 50 to 134 on Xfire is because most of the tens of thousands of Darkfalll subscribers don't actually use it so its very unreliable for statistical analysis except for when it can be desperately interpreted positively in some way or form no mater how ridiculous, then its highly reliable.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

im amazed that a game that has been in developement for what.. 8 years or something(?) finally releases, doesnt get over 50k subs (i wonder if they even came close to that) and dropped like a rock since then, how can the developers still have the cash to keep the game going? :/

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by 3on1

im amazed that a game that has been in developement for what.. 8 years or something(?) finally releases, doesnt get over 50k subs (i wonder if they even came close to that) and dropped like a rock since then, how can the developers still have the cash to keep the game going? :/

Because there are people actually stupid enough to pay twice.

• RespitRespit Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by 3on1

Because there are people actually stupid enough to pay twice.

Not saying I believe anything from Tasos, but it would seem they suckered some investment from somewhere.

Dev Q&A : Part 1

"For all intended purposes Aventurine is self-publishing in N. America with partner and external investor support."

DarkFall FAQ - Read then Question with Boldness

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

www.xfire.com/games/darkfall/Darkfall/

almost 100% growth in playtime according to XFire in a single month.

Sorry, Javac, but due to your past comments, it's impossible to take you seriously when you start discussing statistics (source):

"combining this ballparking exercise with the other data point we have from back when DF was showing the number of concurrent users in the friends list: the highest number i observed there was close to 7000 concurrent users. using EVE data, where 250K known subs usually translates into 40-50K peak concurrent users (ie: approx 20% of total subs online at peak).

assuming that more people are probably online for a brand new game, say 30% of all DF subs == peak concurrent, we can approximate that around the time DF removed concurrent numbers from the friends list, that DF's sub numbers were probably in the vicinity of 23K shortly after release (7000 / 0.3).

so in all likeliness, DF subs have probably grown since release, from approx 20K up to somewhere in the vicinity of 35-40K subs."

and

"doesn't affect the OBSERVED ratio of 40-50K online and 250K subs... and doesn't mean people play less than other games at all. i controlled for higher hours/player in DF but using a value of 30% instead of 20%. 30% implies an average playtime at peak of just over 7 hours per account per day. btw, you realise eve has a strong macro mining culture, right?

and btw, i *am* in a clan and i do macro while feeding my kid or making dinner, which is legal. it's not that widespread, maybe 5-10% i would guess are macroing at any one time, realistic example: say there's 30ish people at the bank and i can hear 2 macroers, that's 6.7%, or in my clan of 60, there might be 2 people macroing the grove. btw that's assuming they're actually macroing and not manually clicking but you get the point."

and

"there would need to be a consistent, months long downward trend to be able to confidently say the number of DF subs are declining. if anything, DF's numbers are pretty steady."

Guess what?  There has been a months long downward trend!  At it's peak, Darkfall was ranked 50, now it's ranked substantially lower. 

Your comments about the low percentage of macroers were unrealistic and you've long since backed off your 40-50k subs estimate (source):

"Originally posted by javac

15K clanned members + guesstimate of 3K unclanned == 18K on the server. certainly plenty more than the 10K players they were aiming for pre-release."

Certainly far less that the 40-50k you estimated! Also, regarding this comment "clan counts from the actual game show an steady upward trend since the expansion", why wouldn't clan counts be rising?  The game just launched in NA.  At launch, there were 0 clans, therefore, there's nowhere to go but up.  Let's see how the game's doing in a few months...

~Ripper