Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The memories are there but the people are not!!!

ixontesixontes Member UncommonPosts: 317

I resubbed in UO for the first time in over 5 years. I just wanted to walk around and get a feel of the good ole memories of the grandaddy of MMO's. It was so sad to go around and see absolutely NO one playing. I guess after 12 years of service, I should have not expected more. I had hoped to see a couple of people.

Comments

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

Yep, I remember the last time I subbed. That first login, seeing your character selection from characters made so many years ago. Thinkin of all the fun times. Then actually walking around...and maybe bumping into one or two people, who typically run right past you as if you were just another NPC...=P

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

I believe Atlantic and Europa are two of the more populated servers. Might want to visit them if you haven't.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • ixontesixontes Member UncommonPosts: 317

But my character is on Catskills. Are there any spots to put houses anymore? Also, if there are so little people, why so many houses left?

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

Catskills still has a reasonable population. Hit up Luna and ask around. Most peopel meet at the bank there since it is about the most conveneint location on the server.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • CartographyCartography Member UncommonPosts: 331

I messed around with the free trial during one of my slow work days. I rolled a character on Atlantic, and the newbie area had quite a few people there... far more than I expected. My character was marked (young), so a lot of the vets chatted me up... nice and welcoming. Seems like a cool game, even though it's a bit dated. Kind of confusing/overwhelming though :(

• vinzonevinzone Member UncommonPosts: 255
    Originally posted by logicbox9

I messed around with the free trial during one of my slow work days. I rolled a character on Atlantic, and the newbie area had quite a few people there... far more than I expected. My character was marked (young), so a lot of the vets chatted me up... nice and welcoming. Seems like a cool game, even though it's a bit dated. Kind of confusing/overwhelming though :(

I just got done with my 14 day trial now im subbed for a month, I'm playing on Atlantic which has a healthy population and some very helpful people. The second day I played someone walked by me saw that I was (Young), asked me to follow him to the bank and handed me a 200k bank check to help me get started. Now I'm in a guild called UWF that constantly has hunting groups going and at the end of the main hunt each night the vets all chip in and give a cut of the money to the newbies that attended, the one hunt my cut was 160k and I barley did anything because my skill were still very low, well I shouldn't say barley did anything I did die a lot =p

And yeah Luna bank is definitely the meeting place now adays as someone said because its conveniently located about 5 steps from a moongate.