Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Your Account has been terminated. Please contact Cust support"????

Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

What the heck is this?

I bought a new computer.  Havent played DAoC in about 4 months.  Since then I got a new debit card.  So I reinstall the original DAoC, then SI, then ToA, start up the ToA, enter the serial code.. and before I even get to the server select screen.. the little grey box pops up from the log-in screen saying "Your acct has been terminated.  Please contact customer support."  I know that I need to give them my new debit card and pay for it again to play.. but I can't get to that screen to edit billing info.  I also tried 3 times today to contact customer support at their number, all 3 times at 1pm eastern, 3pm eastern, and 530pm eastern... and got a message "Please call during normal business hours"  ARGH!  Their support number hours state 11am to 8pm Mon-Fri.  It was Wed today!  Maybe they took the whole Thanksgiving week off?? 

Anyhow, any ideas?  I could not find a FAQ for this exact problem anywhere on their support pages.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

- Zaxx

Comments

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335
    You shouldn't have to enter the CD key code.   Just click ok to get to the log-in screen, log in with your old account ID and password, set the quick entry to "no thank you" to get to the server select screen, then click update billing button to update your information.

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    You have to install Classic, enter the CD key and patch it...install SI, enter the CD key and patch it, install ToA, enter the CD key and patch it...then use your old infomation (cards names, passwords)to get to the server launch screen...it is at the bottom of the server launch screen is the button for the Edit Biling tab...then click on that and away you go...
  • Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Naw thanks guys. I have got all 3 installed correctly. It's when I log in with my name and password that I get the "Your account has been terminated, please contact customer support for further details" message. That message comes up in a grey box BEFORE I get to the server-select screen where the billing details button can be entered. All I can do it click "OKAY" on that grey message box and it goes right back to the log-in screen.

Also, I have started another account with a different key I bought and started a whole new account and that log in works fine. Since then, I have tried to log in with my old account... same problem.

I scrolled through the terms and conditions of Mythic that you have to accept before logging into the game each time (that nobody reads, lol) and saw some stuff about if your account is terminated, you lose all character info and cannot sue Mythic for a dollar value of in-game characters, time invested, etc etc... It seems that they have actually terminated my account and probably erased all my characters and info (and house and money and everything! GRRR). This upsets me because I know that I have in no way broke the terms and conditions such as cheating, harrassing, etc.. nor have I ever even been warned for any such offense. I also never recieved such an email. What upsets me more is that last Sunday I sent customer support an email asking what happened with my account and it says on their cust support website that a reponse is always within 72 hours (3 days). Wednesday last week comes, 3 days later, and still no response. So.. I decide to call their customer support on Wednesday during their hours they say they are open. Three different times Wednesday I called, and got a "Please call back in normal business hours" recording and hang up. I also tried Friday to call during their cust support hours of operation.. Same thing. Still no email response either, now a full six days later.

I just think that they should atleast notify you if they are going to terminate an account like that. They should say why, let you dispute it if neccessary, whatever. I had many high level characters on that account and a hella lot of time invested. I will try them again this next week.. but was just curious if anyone else has had a similar situation. I have played DAoC off and on for two and a half years and never seen this happen. Probably an honest mistake somewhere, but still very, very frustrating.

Oh well, life goes on... ;)

- Zaxx

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335

This is the Thanksgiving Day weekend.  It's quite possible that they are only handling emergency situations this week.  Try contacting them again on Monday.

• KhalenKhalen Member Posts: 45

Rubbish. Not even GOA on EU servers have ever deleted someone's account for being inactive. I dunno on which you are but for EU you just need to install Macromedia Flash 7 player (should even ask for it). And maybe enable SHTTP sites. And then it should work fine.

Just checked US and I see that doesn't even have a website but just info in the program. You sure you filled in the correct account name and password? (not the game login but the payment login?) Could be that they are down atm cause of the certain holidays too. We got that on EU too. But it should work fine and if not then you really need to make an email or call em.

I just received from a friend that they do delete accounts if they don't contain a level 50 char after some time (dunno precise time cause it was never said). This was confirmed by a friend of mine who tried DAoC again after a year and his buddy's account was empty (cause he only had a lvl 42).