Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Norwegian Business Practices

Im starting to form an opinion.

With all the antics that FC has pulled in the last year. Some of which include, but are not limited to:

Lying to their customer base

Whoring out their customer base to increase web traffic on other sites

False Advertising

Viral Marketing

Constant censorship of criticisms

Ambiguous credit card UI, that tricks people into subbing

Spin-doctoring

....Etc.

It's starting to occur to me that maybe this is how they do business in Norway. Since 90% of the people defending these actions are Norwegian...it seems fairly obvious they approve and endorse, support, and defend these business antics. (If the situation was reversed--i ABSOLUTELY would not defend a companies actions just because they are from my country)

Too bad because i went from having almost no information, on how Norwegians do business in their culture; too thinking...wow...what a disgraceful business culture.

You left the people who know the story of FC and AoC very little choice to think otherwise. Especially during a time where the world is cracking down on corrupt business practices. I hope if you are defending FC's business practices because of patriotism, you have enough sense to realize you may be having a reverse effect.

My point is: FC has managed to lowered people's opinion of Norwegians and the way they do business. If you care...you should be fighting them...not supporting them.

Comments

• UbieUbie Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Gone from trolling AoC to trolling Norway. That's a big step. You sure you're ready to take on an entire country? I think they'll bury you in lutefisk.

nasty, lutefisk is definently an acquired taste.

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885

I was wondering when someone was going to go to these step and post a thread like this. :D

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300
    Originally posted by Blackwell99

With all the antics that FC has pulled in they last year. Some of which include, but are not limited to:

False Advertising
    Viral Marketing
    Spin-doctoring
    ....Etc.

It's starting to occur to me that maybe this is how they do business in Norway. Since 90% of the people defending these actions are Norwegian...it seems fairly obvious they approve and endorse, support, and defend these business antics. (If the situation was reversed--i ABSOLUTELY would not defend a companies actions just because they are from my country)
    Too bad because i went from having almost no information, on how Norwegians do business in their culture; too thinking...wow...what a disgraceful business culture.
    You left the people who know the story of FC and AoC very little choice to think otherwise. Especially during a time where the world is cracking down on corrupt business practices. I hope if you are defending FC's business practices because of patriotism, you have enough sense to realize you may be having a reverse effect.
    My point is: FC has managed to lowered people's opinion of Norwegians and the way they do business. If you care...you should be fighting them...not supporting them.

Sounds exactly likes SOE and where do they operate from now again...

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by PapaB34R

Yes, and to be honest quite a few more MMO companies. Particulary the stuff about manipulating X-fire numbers, I think Everyone and their mother have done that by now.

Still another pointless thread that have been written here many times before. The MMO companies are in many cases acting badly but the community isn't better, they are just whining over the same things over and over.

If a company upsets you, don't buy their products. But you really don't have to repeat that here a few times a week, that only leads to a pointless flamewar.

The purpose of the forum is of course to discuss MMOs but this discussion will go the same way as yhe "I hate the NGE" discussions people still write. The same way as the other 100 or so before it with almost the same wording and points.

Originally posted by GauteIsBack

Firstly what SOE did was nothing compared to what Funcom did. Or are you new to this game?

Secondly your excuse is like me saying: "Don't blame Funcom, Hitler too was an asshole!". Even if there were some other company that had done similar things, that doesn't mean what Funcom did is ok. Get a grip.

My point was not blaiming Norway or its citizens for Funcoms screw ups, as for knowledge about the game, well I was in the preforums for slightly over 2, possibly 3 years and got every friday update and of course had access to the closed beta, the game was not for me, a big dissapointment, but nothing more then that.

and SOE being nothing like Funcom? SOE fucked up so big that we are still talking about how bad SWG has become, Id say Funcom did nothing compared to what SOE did period. You cant possibly hope to win there, they have the harschest almost facistic mods and wont take any critique what so ever, so Id sugest you get your fuckin facts straight

As for Funcoms promises and let downs it was appearent at launch that this game wasnt exactly the game they made it out to be, if you believed it, your a fool. A game wont magicly overhaul in a year.

Gone from trolling AoC to trolling Norway. That's a big step. You sure you're ready to take on an entire country? I think they'll bury you in lutefisk.

mmm lutefisk.

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Different title, same attitude and position.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/245506/You-may-want-to-ask-why.html

Why waste MMORPG forum space with duplicates...unless you are..naw...couldn't be.

Better not say THAT word, because as you know, the AoC contingent will be blamed for being "Fanboys"...AHHH..

Because, well, this post could not be construed as anything more than constructive criticism...right?

Bugger...in a pickle.

/so sad

• TurntableTurntable Member Posts: 78

Interesting how we have the same handful of guys on every negative thread trying to talk about anything but the topic. Seems like it's always some new conspiracy or like in this thread, some random Norwegian fish.
    It's very clear to me that all you are trying to do is close every thread that is not something like "I love Age of Conan!". This is the same kind of viral marketing that you can find on official forums. I doubt any normal person would go to so much trouble to defend a freaking video game.
    p.s. The AoC fan above me has almost 3000 posts. Enough said.

Oh, the irony.. If theres anything in this thread thats a conspiracy it`s the OP post. That Norwegians has a business practice of lying to customers etc etc.. Stupid!

And velcome back bigbadbilly... Glad to see all your previous posts deleted.

--
    Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Interesting how we have the same handful of guys on every negative thread trying to talk about anything but the topic. Seems like it's always some new conspiracy or like in this thread, some random Norwegian fish.
    It's very clear to me that all you are trying to do is close every thread that is not something like "I love Age of Conan!". This is the same kind of viral marketing that you can find on official forums. I doubt any normal person would go to so much trouble to defend a freaking video game.
    p.s. The AoC fan above me has almost 3000 posts. Enough said.

Yet, we already see your agenda, complete with your name, your avatar, all equaling "agendas". so, in all actuality, you are doing the same exact thing.

All that I have done is point out that this thread already exists, by the same person, with the same message he is trying to deliver here. Why create another thread with the same thing. He could have bumped his previous message.

But, we DO know why he has done this, just like what you are doing.

As to an "I love Conan" thread...please, I would prefer a constructive post about changes, updates, class discussions, game features, help running the game...etc. 

Instead, all of the top posts happen to be hate filled diatribes by the same exact people ...so go figure why we have to discuss the game in a negative thread...because we are not allowed to discuss the game any other way.

Appreciate that.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Wow, this thread delivers....!

From what I can gather some of you want to invade and liberate Norway from Funcom and others want to eat or rub a strange looking Norwegian entree all over themselves while blaming Hitler or SOE for something or another....while hiding a secret agenda.

Carry on lads!

Originally posted by Torak

From what I can gather some of you want to invade and liberate Norway from Funcom and others want to eat or rub a strange looking Norwegian entree all over themselves while blaming Hitler or SOE for something or another....while hiding a secret agenda.

Carry on lads!

Your sig sir is full of win! It explains totally why these posts are such a loss!

thank you

• Blackwell99Blackwell99 Member Posts: 352
    Originally posted by openedge1

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/245506/You-may-want-to-ask-why.html
    Why waste MMORPG forum space with duplicates...unless you are..naw...couldn't be.
    Better not say THAT word, because as you know, the AoC contingent will be blamed for being "Fanboys"...AHHH..
    Because, well, this post could not be construed as anything more than constructive criticism...right?
    Bugger...in a pickle.
    /so sad

They are different topics.  One explores why fanboi's so desperately defend such a flawed game. This one explores the business culture of Norway based on FC's practices, and the poor impressions it leaves.

This topic is beyond you..please go back to one of your shallow "AoC Has Good Art" threads....the grown ups are trying to have a conversation here.

Again..im not sure you read the posts or anything really before you start your trolling.

• adrianemeryadrianemery Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Ubie

nasty, lutefisk is definently an acquired taste.

Or they will throw stockfish at him.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Bugger...in a pickle.
    /so sad

They are different topics.  One explores why fanboi's so desperately defend such a flawed game. This one explores the business culture of Norway based on FC's practices, and the poor impressions it leaves.

This topic is beyond you..please go back to one of your shallow "AoC Has Good Art" threads....the grown ups are trying to have a conversation here.

Again..im not sure you read the posts or anything really before you start your trolling.

Not really. Both topics explore how the OPs are putzes and need to find something worthwhile to do with their lives like win a darwin award.

Carry on lads!

This threads do have it all :)

Originally posted by Crashloop

Carry on lads!

oh yeah, wheres the tity bar!?! ;)

Originally posted by Crashloop

Carry on lads!

oh yeah, wheres the tity bar!?! ;)

This thread doesn't need boobs to be awesome. Titties in this thread would just make it too much for a simple man's heart...

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Bugger...in a pickle.
    /so sad

It's a losing battle trying to have a serious conversation here. Too many fanboi trolls talking about fish or how this thread "delivers".

What other forums are there besides official and this one?

I think your banter will find a home here ->     http://vnboards.ign.com/age_of_conan/b22995/p1

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

With all the antics that FC has pulled in they last year. Some of which include, but are not limited to:

False Advertising
    Viral Marketing
    Spin-doctoring
    ....Etc.

Thanks for the laughs, this is just awesome.

But then again, I'm a Norwegian and most likely paid by funcom to lie about how good the game is to get a piece of the scam action.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

Bugger...in a pickle.
    /so sad

It's a losing battle trying to have a serious conversation here. Too many fanboi trolls talking about fish or how this thread "delivers".

Thing is, some threads are threads where we can have a serious discussion. This thread is not, OP comes up with some crazy idea that show's he either is trying to provoke people into taking what he says serious or he simply just doesn't know any better.  His ideas on how Norwegian businiess culture is is enough to make any guy with half a brain to laugh out loud. There is nothing to discuss with OP as his assumption is nothing but a poor attempt to troll these forums some more. I won't waste a second on discussing with him when he is that clueless about Norway and how things are here. There is no point in discussing with him as what he writes is a heap of made up bullshit that gives us a good laughter, but nothing more. :)

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

Bugger...in a pickle.
    /so sad

so why do you keep coming back if you have lost the battle? 

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

Originally posted by rodingo

I think your banter will find a home here ->     http://vnboards.ign.com/age_of_conan/b22995/p1

Layout is pretty bad but I might check it out.

Lol look at the first post

Trolls here would have a field day with that one. See how it's almost like they are playing a different game..

Yes we play different games, badboybilly. I play Age of Conan, you have claimed you wouldn't play the game even if it was free.

Between your alts you spend an amazing amount of time on this forum, so I doubt what you're saying about a GF and a job.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390
    Originally posted by rodingo

Bugger...in a pickle.
    /so sad

Thx, bookmarking the site. It's really nice, actually.

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843
    Originally posted by Barteaux

I'm a Norwegian and most likely paid by funcom to lie about how good the game is to get a piece of the scam action.

QFT

If I worked for an evil currupt company I would leave and find a new job, but if I lived some place and worked in an industry that it was not possible I would probably be doing the same thing. Hell the only reason Americans don't lie about Funcom is because Funcom laid off most of them.

As an American I feel sorry for Funcom employees, because we don't have sweat shops in America, that is an unethical business practice here, so we exportthem to asia, but in Norway it seems to be the norm: www.dagbladet.no/2008/12/11/kultur/funcom/spill/conan/arbeidsmiljo/4003653/

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• gheez I know these forums seem to tolerate a lot of stupid trolling, but this is just absurd...not even worth replying to...except to say I hope the vikings dig into you well :)

This discussion has been closed.