Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I know war feels kinda lame now...but..

Sup!!

Thinking of getting back to WAR for a month or 2 till Aion is out.....a couple of my friends are joining in as well....just wanted to know which server in North America (as EU is screwed up now) should I try out on as we need some decent population to enjoy the game......

Regards

Comments

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Iron Rock.

Order is the overpopped side.

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Don't see how EU is "screwed up" now. It seems pretty much the same as NA.

Imo the best in EU atm is Karak Norn. It almost never dips below med med even in the dead  of night and there's constant action in all 4 tiers. Destro is slightly overpopulated (however we managed to drop IC by 2 stars in the past few days) and order gets the ren and xp incentive bonus.

And you don't have to appologize or feel guilty for trying out WAR, no matter what the resident troll population would like you to feel.

I don't see him mentioning guilt?

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

I recently returned and I am just disappointed. Scenarios are almost completely unheard of now

Rift

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Indeed, nothing has changed. We all hope it will, but you know......

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593
    Originally posted by ncryan10

I recently returned and I am just disappointed. Scenarios are almost completely unheard of now

Get on a populated server. And scenario frequency does heavily depend on the time of day. Sigh.. I have to chalk this one as another example how leveld progression is not appropriate for PvP games. If WAR had one single "tier" (like GW for example) you'd never have any problem with scenarios popping.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Iron Rock does seem the most popular according to the Warhammer official forums and where even people on Dark Crag are fleeing to.

I'd say that's the best bet for you and your mates bar none if you're really gonna give it another go.

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by nomraw

Sup!!
    Thinking of getting back to WAR for a month or 2 till Aion is out.....

Have you played Aion yet?

Have you ever watched paint dry? :D

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466
    Originally posted by teco221

Originally posted by Crosswire

Sup!!

Yes, I am playing Aion (just hit level 33 cleric), and I will never go back to Warhammer. ^_^  At this point, I think i would rather watching paint dry then playing Warhammer.  Look at those pretty color!!!

I think I'm the only one that would still rather play WAR over Aion any day.  At least WAR had some fun and unique features.

Originally posted by Angorim

Originally posted by teco221

Sup!!

Yes, I am playing Aion (just hit level 33 cleric), and I will never go back to Warhammer. ^_^  At this point, I think i would rather watching paint dry then playing Warhammer.  Look at those pretty color!!!

I think I'm the only one that would still rather play WAR over Aion any day.  At least WAR had some fun and unique features.

Make that 2 of us. :D

In my opinion Aion is just a bucket full of hippy trips, stripped teddy bears, square pigs, walking mushrooms etc: 

Unique it is not, more like guildwars 2 with wings and wild imaginings. :D

Sup!!

Maybe not paint dry but I'm sure he's seen grass grow

Aion is new, and like any new on-line game it pulls the punters in by their millions, but I could never imagine that very many of them would be able to stick with Aion for too long.

Strange, I was talking to a bloke only yesterday who was telling me how his entire guild had moved over from Wow to Warhammer, I guess its just 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. :D

• XramlrakXramlrak Member Posts: 26

Gorfang is the new Hotness. Iron Rock is old and busted-- and swarming with dirty rotten no good worthless a$$ Choppas

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

Knight of the Burning sun was the only class that could hold my attention during my 7 day return... With games like AION, Mortal Online, Huxley coming out... I doubt I will ever re-up unless it was free 2 play.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• XramlrakXramlrak Member Posts: 26

It is Wednesday at 1:59 a.m. Central (Texas) I am right now queing up for Stone Troll, Mourkain and Phoenix Gate on Gorfang. Oh, that one was immediate.  Que and then popped. That is fairly irregular, usually throwing you on the ending minutes of a lost cause.  2:01 a.m. trying again. Popped at 2:06 a.m.  That really happened and has been pretty average for the past couple of weeks-- since Gorfang was merged with .  .  . think it was Iron Fist.  I imagine once school starts up things will slow down quite a bit, but currently roll on Iron Rock or Gorfang for sc's.

• ChodemanChodeman Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Xramlrak

It is Wednesday at 1:59 a.m. Central (Texas) I am right now queing up for Stone Troll, Mourkain and Phoenix Gate on Gorfang. Oh, that one was immediate.  Que and then popped. That is fairly irregular, usually throwing you on the ending minutes of a lost cause.  2:01 a.m. trying again. Popped at 2:06 a.m.  That really happened and has been pretty average for the past couple of weeks-- since Gorfang was merged with .  .  . think it was Iron Fist.  I imagine once school starts up things will slow down quite a bit, but currently roll on Iron Rock or Gorfang for sc's.

I played on Iron rock and sc pops were no problem imo. Just I was destruction and we usually got rolled. I quit about 2months ago so I dont know how much has changed since then

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Chodeman

Originally posted by Xramlrak

I played on Iron rock and sc pops were no problem imo. Just I was destruction and we usually got rolled. I quit about 2months ago so I dont know how much has changed since then

I've been playing IR on the Dest side, there seem to be a ton of new Dest players there.  In teir one I'd say we have won the majority of the scenarios I've been in lately, and a total blowout is pretty rare. One things is for sure though, if you get you ass handed to you badly in a given SC more than once don't que it up again for at least a few hours (if not the entire evening). 

Don't have enough experience with tier II to say for certain, but I think my win ratio there is pretty close to 50/50 so far.

Also moved all my Order characters to Gorefang (I think that's the one), as it seems to be the second most popular.  Like pretty much every single time I have played order we seem to lose about 2/3 of the matches in tier I. 

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.