Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 game, 2 accounts?

treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

Hello guys,

Some time ago i bought WoW game with the burning crusade expansion, and played with my account for some months. Now I am trying to make my couple like online games so we can play together, and I have thought that better than playing Darkfall together (which I have been playing since beta but I don't think that game would be the best "first" game for my couple haha) or a F2P game, maybe WoW would be great to start.

So my question is, can I use my old game instalation to install it in 2 computers, and then create another account for my couple and just pay 2 monthly subscriptions (my account and my couple's), or do I have to buy another game and then pay 2 monthly subscriptions? What i really want to know is if I must buy again another game, or if I need to pay any 50$ for another account or just creating one account and then paying the monthly subscription is all that is needed.

thanks for all and sorry about my english

Comments

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

1 game, 1 account.

• OnitoraOnitora Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by treyu86

Hello guys,

Some time ago i bought WoW game with the burning crusade expansion, and played with my account for some months. Now I am trying to make my couple like online games so we can play together, and I have thought that better than playing Darkfall together (which I have been playing since beta but I don't think that game would be the best "first" game for my couple haha) or a F2P game, maybe WoW would be great to start.

So my question is, can I use my old game instalation to install it in 2 computers, and then create another account for my couple and just pay 2 monthly subscriptions (my account and my couple's), or do I have to buy another game and then pay 2 monthly subscriptions? What i really want to know is if I must buy again another game, or if I need to pay any 50$ for another account or just creating one account and then paying the monthly subscription is all that is needed.

I think I understand your question.  You can use your disks, (or DL-ing the trial might be a much better option if you're unsure whether your partner wil enjoy the game,) to install the game on any machine, but you will need to create, (i.e. Buy,) a new account for your partner if you both decide to play.  You don't have to go out and buy another physical copy though, you can activate the Trial into a regular account through Blizzard's website if you wish.  I believe you can also purchase the expansions and add them to the accounts through the website as well, (I know you could w/ Burning Crusade anyway.)

Hopefully this helps to answer your question.  I would definitely go with the trial 1st to make sure it's something that you both will be interested in, before making the investment in a full purchase.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

I'd also recommend you first active only one account (yours) and invite your partner as a friend.  Its an option under "account mangement".  They will get a trial key that allows access for 10 days and allows them to reach level 20 before needing to subscribe, which they will need a retail copy for.

This will also link the two accounts, giving you both 3x XP until level 60 when grouped together.

• tanektanek Member UncommonPosts: 63

Hello guys,

You can use the game disks you had purchased to install on another computer (there will be quite a bit of patching involved if the latest you have is Burning Crusade), but that will not create a new account.  You can upgrade online from Blizzard, though, if you really don't want to go out and get another copy of the game.  You will need one upgrade from trial (more on this in a bit) and then another to Burning Crusade (and another to Wrath if you are getting that as well). 

If you are only going up to TBC for now, depending on where you live, buying the Battlechest in a store may be cheaper than the online upgrades.

For starting the second account, there are two things to keep in mind.  First, make sure it is in the other person's name.  even if you are going to be paying for both accounts, it has to be in the name of the person playing it.  Second, look into their Recruit-a-Friend program before you start the second account.  You will probably want to get your original account up and running, then send a recruit invitation to your partner. Create the second account using the information in that invite and the trial should be under the Recruit-a Friend benefits for 90 days.  You can then upgrade from there, either online or using the key froma a store-bought box.

Good luck and have fun.  :)

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

Hello guys,

you need to buy a second game for the second account, i asked a GM myself a long time ago when i played. ran out of room on my server and wanted to play horde instead but didn't want to delete any of my alliance guys.  use the discs to install on both computers and they buy a digital copy from blizz and use those codes(WOW, burning crusade,and WoTLK) for the second account is all you need to do.

• razerblade29razerblade29 Member UncommonPosts: 230

Also u should use the recruit a friend so whoever and you get triple xp to lvl 60