Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Human, Elf, Dwarf, HOBBIT!!??

I've been thinking about this game and the characters, there are elfs and dwarfs AND HOBBITS!!
who plays with hobbits when you can play with elfs or dwarfs.
I think its not fair for those who plays with hobbit...
And there is no good "class" for hobbit, somekind of rogues or something...
When you play with hobbit and see there is an elf coming who is twice as longer than hobbit and the elf shoots hobbit to the head... What chances has the hobbit!? ::::21::

Comments

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060
    hah dammit your right! mabey we should cut out every race but the hobbits! YES! then we can ahve armies of hobbits running around. i can amke a guild of hobbits ill call it ''midgets on a mission''! sweet! man i love hobbits! give it up for hobbits yay hobbits! oooh ooh hers a fun poll how many times did i use the word hobbit in this post you cant count them or thats cheating you ahve to guess or your balls and/or tits will turn green and fall off

*EDIT* sorry for this is was pretty stoned....

• Originally posted by Konttu

I've been thinking about this game and the characters, there are elfs and dwarfs AND HOBBITS!!
    When you play with hobbit and see there is an elf coming who is twice as longer than hobbit and the elf shoots hobbit to the head... What chances has the hobbit!? ::::21::

Go to your local libary. Ask the libarian about a little known author named JRR Tolkien. Go take out all the books they have by him. Or go to your local bookstore and buy them

- The Silmarilian

- Book of Lost Tales 1

- Book of Lost Tales 2

- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (especially the last couple of chapters when the Hobbit army fought the evil humans, trolls, orcs, and... elves!)

Those books feature Hobbits in action. Nothing like getting your legs chopped off at the knees. Also Hobbits and Elves do not fight. BUT if they did, a Hobbit would have as good a chance of winning in a melee fight as an Elf. Just like a short human vs a tall human. A Hobbit would come up to an Elf's waist or even shoulder (yes there are tall Hobbits too.)

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========

MMORPG games I've played:
    ---------------------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

DAoC (coming soon)
    ---------------------------

• StonenStonen Member Posts: 7

I've played a hobbit *halfling* in Everquest.

I've played a hobbit *halfling* in DnD. *Neverwinter Nights etc*

They're just fun to play and they have a great lore behind them.

Its partly about roleplaying a happy-go-lucky character, thats all ways getting into trouble.

• fartking7fartking7 Member Posts: 91
    I sure hope Middle Earth Online is going to expand the classes available for each race.  Right now it's looking pretty lame.  It'd be nice if you could be a hobbit sorceror -- or at least a hobbit fighter.  C'mon, even in Tolkien's word the hobbits have to have some sort of defense force!

poopee

• aeric67aeric67 Member UncommonPosts: 798

I think they should make Hobbits like Jedi in SWG; very hard to become one. I mean, the protaganists of the Star Wars movies were the Jedi, while those of the LotR movies were the Hobbits. Instead of light sabres, they could all have rings of power and that elf bread. The cost of being one is that Gollum is always after you. Makes sense, right? ::::33::

• saximsaxim Member Posts: 14
    Well hobbits is similar to gnomes in WoW? I don't know but i think so. :P

//saxim

• ThraninThranin Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by fartking7
    I sure hope Middle Earth Online is going to expand the classes available for each race.  Right now it's looking pretty lame. 

They will, don't worry! The game is a long way from release. They've got a lot more info on stuff like classes that they haven't released.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

A Hobbit sorcerer? Are you crazy? It's bad enough that there are human sorcerers! In Tolkien there aren’t people walking around shooting fireballs.

• SpaceflowerSpaceflower Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Thranin

A Hobbit sorcerer? Are you crazy? It's bad enough that there are human sorcerers! In Tolkien there aren’t people walking around shooting fireballs.

well, there is if i'm not mistaken... Sauroman (pardon if misspelling) anyway i've played a RGP adventure, based on Middle Earth RGP. And i can say that Hobbits are both tough and fast. Even if they didn't do any large amount of damage in close combat/meele they were just as good as any of the other player races... and seriously... A Tolkien based mmorpg WITHOUT playable Hobbits?! no no.

- But that is of course only my personal veiw
    ------------
    Darkspace

"Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves
    never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart! "
    - Cheshire Cat, American McGee?s Alice
    ------------
    Room For Improvement

• KonttuKonttu Member Posts: 81

well, i think someone really wants to be a hobbit ::::39::

• MantleMantle Member Posts: 24

well, there is if i'm not mistaken... Sauroman (pardon if misspelling)

okay one its Saruman and two he does not fire fireballs. Personally im really annoyed that they are putting sorcerer style characters into the game. In the books there is a council of human wizards which mount to like 20 max and then theres the odd Elf who isnt a wizard per say but has subtle, supernatural powers. The whole point of magic in Tolkeins world is that its subtle and mysterious. Its going to ruin it to have thousands of people running aound 'pwnz0ring' mobs with fireballs.

• SkilltarSkilltar Member Posts: 26

Look it's cool to play with Hobbits and that stuff but he is right when there comes an Uruk-Hai and he just touch you you;r dead..
    But it's also fun to play with an hobbit so you can hide for evrything!!::::01::::::02::::::01::::::02::

• morrowdwimmorrowdwim Member Posts: 2

I agree. Here's to hoping they don't bastardize Tolkien's implementation of "magic".

"There it is! The stately capitol of Fry's bowel. A heavily guarded fortress surrounding the pelvic splachnic ganglion."

-Professor Farnsworth (Futurama), "Parasites Lost"

-------------------------------------

"There it is! The stately capitol of Fry's bowel. A heavily guarded fortress surrounding the pelvic splachnic ganglion."

-Professor Farnsworth (Futurama), "Parasites Lost"

• ThraninThranin Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by Spaceflower

Originally posted by Thranin

well, there is if i'm not mistaken... Sauroman (pardon if misspelling)

Are you suggesting we have a few hundred of him walking around?

• YukiYuki Member Posts: 27

I'll give you it simple!

Human-All
    Elf-Long range
    Dwarf-Meele
    Hobbit-Stealth

(Decide yourself!)

I will take an Elf when/if it will have an Oper beta!

(Even if the fee wil be big, its worth it!!!!)

Thers no death, There is the force
    -Sw:KOTOR
    ::::18::

Sorry for bad grammar!
    (12 [soon 13] years old polish boy)
    ::::18::

• DevoraanDevoraan Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by Konttu

well, i think someone really wants to be a hobbit ::::39::

ill be a rogue hobbit!!image YEAH wuts better then bein a midget with a knife that can sneak          around?image nuthin cept a dwarf warrior, except that i worship dwarves cause theyre the coolestimage so WHATEVER. . . image

• royalty5734royalty5734 Member Posts: 4
    theres a rouge class wich they would be good at, but wouldn't it be awsome to see a hobbit warrier takin down everything it comes up against.
  • dragnsmokedragnsmoke Member Posts: 18
    I do have to agree overall though...  I think there will definately be a push for other races.  I myself have not decided what I'd like to play but I can most likely say it would not be a Hobbit.  I think maybe they will create a huge need for them though to sort of balance it out.  I think in every game there are races that, however decent stats, are not as popular either by appearence or status.  However, MMO history shows that they can do things to fix an imbalance and I have faith that these guys will do just that.
  • DemonAtsDemonAts Member Posts: 22

you know without hobbits we can't smoke..........

Plus their is a lot of MMORPGs with really small people yeah their gay and everyone hates them but theirs a small population of people who want to own with a 4 foot tall weakling.

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

stoners?

i know i would.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.