Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing video games can save your life

Robbers scared off by Playstation game get jail time

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/121104_local_videogame.html

A video game notorious for violence and mature content may have actually saved a Santa Fe family.

Back in March, Sandy Wilson was taking care of her three grandsons when a group of men attempted to burglarize her home, pointing a gun at the kids.

The children happened to be playing a video game called Grand Theft Auto at the time. The game has dozens of random police scanner messages, which blare out calls such as "This is the police! You’re surrounded!" Believe it or not, Wilson says the burglars heard that message and thought police were outside the door waiting for them.

Galveston County Asst DA Michael Elliott explained, "The police in the game were staying, 'Stop, we have you surrounded. This is the police.’ The burglar, unknowingly, thought this was the actual police and panicked ... being apprehended by Playstation."

"Thinking that it was pretty funny," recalled young victim Chaze Fisher. "How they were, like, ran off, and they got all scared over a game."

Police arrested the four men. Samuel Woodrow received a five-year prison sentence this week. Ronnie Farris is serving four years. Lucas Griffin got probation. And Zachary Brandenburg’s trial is in January.

-=-=-=-=-
MMORPG's are like a first love, your compare every new relationship in the future to it. And even if a new game is better, it'll never be the same.

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

Comments

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

I believe this has already been posted by... Murt... or... En1gma... or... I dunno, somebody already posted it though. Maybe it was you!... Did you already post this? Why would you do that? image

Funny stuff though image Cant hurt to read it again.

--------------------------------
    BigPeeler - The Origin

Crazy Drunk Hindu: "Man!... Why you gotta be like that Peeler?..."
    Peeler: "I dunno man... thats just the way it is. ^.-"
    Crazy Drunk Hindu: "Aye..."

BETTER RECOGNIZE!!!

--------------------------------------

• TallynTallyn Member UncommonPosts: 217

I'm sorry, but I must add a very generic and unthoughtful:

LOL

I haven't seen it before, so thanks for posting it. Funny story.

Tallyn

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

For once Murt beat Glove to the meat.::::39::

-----------------

"The Job Of Art Is To Chase Away Ugliness" - Bono

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• foxcekfoxcek Member Posts: 5

Was it really a game saving our lives or does it just show us the stupidity of American Robbers?

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by foxcek
    Was it really a game saving our lives or does it just show us the stupidity of American Robbers?

I think it shows the rath of the justice system. Five years for attempted robbery. He just broke a window.

-----------------

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

yes! I already posted something glove posted...and glove only posts the best things!

thus, making my post one of the best!

woot..lol

• qurckqurck Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Kiamde

Originally posted by foxcek

I think it shows the rath of the justice system. Five years for attempted robbery. He just broke a window.

-----------------

ther justice system is preaty insane. but bieng saved be GTA:SA is just cool. imagine to court room:

"yes your honour i DID get fooled by a PS2 game"image

We call the village idiot Mr. President

We call the village idiot Mr. President

• -Kurt--Kurt- Member Posts: 17

Is that a true story? image

What if they heard the police reload their guns or something, image

hmm...