Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Are Your Experiences of the New Hardcore Server?

MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

One aspect of this genre which I often think is neglected is the absence of any 'hardcore' type servers.  Anyone who played Diablo 2 online will know what I mean by that.  A dedicated server where strict rules apply, such as perma-death in the more extreme of examples, and player looting/stricter death penalties in others.

I got an e-mail telling me that there was a new hardcore server starting with Archlord.  I have yet to really get into this game, mostly because of my fear that it will be just another Asain grind-fest, and that I would be wasting my time.  However, this game has always had some sort of appeal with me, despite the many critics.  I really like the graphical style, and the gameplay is quite sharp, and user friendly.  Also, unlike other games which have been lost in translation, this one seems to have been 'ported' over with more competent hands than other titles.  Games like Last Chaos are unplayable to me, as the quest text, (or any text for that matter) is unformatted, and is all over the place.  Also, the words have been literally translated, with little heed if they make sense in English.  Not the case with Archlord.  Which as a result, makes it feel more proffesshional, and 'western friendly' than the bulk of other free2plays out there.

So far, I've only taken my toon to level 10 on the hardcore server, and still know very little about it.  Therefore the reason for this thread is to find out what penalties the hardcore server has to offer, and what experiences other players have had with it.  Should my orc sorceror be frightened to leave the safety of his hometown?  And what is difference between this server and any others? 

Thanks to anyone who can answer my queries.

Comments

• aveignaveign Member Posts: 5

Basically you should set yourself into the class you select if you deside to play the game, its worth getting some info so you dont waste skills and gold on useless stuff.

I got to 47 the very first day of the new server, lvl 70 6 days later. From here though its quite a grindfest, and to say the least, its not really free to play, the thing with these games archlord, rf online etc, you are able to buy CC, chantra credits, and buy buffs etc, which u realise kinda are neccesary to play at highlvl. though luckily you may trade these cc items from other players, meaning you can go and buy cc items with ingame gold isntead of irl cash.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

hey guys

I just started on the new pvp server today? Is it better that i just kill random mobs or should i quest. I have the feeling that i should just go kill random mobs and level that way because it' easier than trying to do the quests.

Thanks.

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TisLarsTisLars Member UncommonPosts: 49

Ok wtf.. lvl 40 in 1 day? lvl 70 in 6 days?!

I play on Gaiahaon and I got to 33 in like a week. I'm a Hunter and seriously don't know where to level. I'm at the Dungeon near Tullan now, but I hate those Werewolfs.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Lol, lvl 40 in one day sounds like another mmo, but I can't seem to remember the name. I think it starts with a W.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

hey guys.

after dissapointment with warhammer and conan, i am looking for pvp mmo with open pk and death penalty

anybody can tell how are these things in archlord? i mean what rules are in old servers (like evengarda where i have my old char) and new pvp server?

please help anybody

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by galliard1981

hey guys.
    after dissapointment with warhammer and conan, i am looking for pvp mmo with open pk and death penalty
    anybody can tell how are these things in archlord? i mean what rules are in old servers (like evengarda where i have my old char) and new pvp server?
    please help anybody

Archlord has open pk and the hardcore server (I think) has full looting.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Highlander86Highlander86 Member Posts: 11

What is the name of this new server? I am playing on Cyripus but grinding there is pretty slow.