Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a game without the "pointing and clicking"

surstromingsurstroming Member UncommonPosts: 151

getting tired of WoW the expansion ruined the game.

I'm looking for a mmorpg without too much of the "point and click", something I can play with my gamepad.

it doesn't necessarily mean it has to be one a gamepad/joystick, dun mind hack and slash either.

just anything without a frequent  "point and clicking"

I don't mind if i have to pay for it either.

I know theres allot of incoming action mmo coming soon but they aren't out yet and I need something to do.

Comments

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Would keep my eyes out for Global Agenda.

Age of Conan might be worth checking out if you get a free trial. The combat system in that might be fun with a gamepad.

Aion is also coming out soon and it has WASD movement as well. Not sure how it would play wiht a gamepad, but suppose it can if WoW could.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Dunno much about gamepads, but if there's very little reason to point and click much in WoW.

If you go on the PvP forums, and say "I point and click", expect to receive a lot of abuse - serious PvPers all use the keyboard for executing commands and only use a mouse to turn quickly.

Point and click is just too slow in the arena, where fractions of a second can make the difference between being in range of an ability and being out of range.

• kostolomackostolomac Member Posts: 7

Dragonica is pretty new online Sidescroller that advises the usage of a gamepad.

• surstromingsurstroming Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Originally posted by Antipathy

Dunno much about gamepads, but if there's very little reason to point and click much in WoW.

If you go on the PvP forums, and say "I point and click", expect to receive a lot of abuse - serious PvPers all use the keyboard for executing commands and only use a mouse to turn quickly.

Point and click is just too slow in the arena, where fractions of a second can make the difference between being in range of an ability and being out of range.

I hope ur not a accusing me for "clicking on my skill bar". it wasn't because of the "point and clicking" it was because the expansion ruined it

anyways this thread is not about how to play in the WoW arena.

I've tried age of conan its pretty fun I might go back to it if all else fails,

I've played dragonica till lvl 25 its pretty fun but it gets pretty repetitive after a while.

u use the same combos all the time there no situation where u would use a other combo,

u use ur most powerful combo all the time to kill mobs and to move on,

but yeh its allot better than maple story.

I'm currently playing phantasy star universe,

there nothing wrong about the game but with all the hackers/billing problems/sudden servermaintenence its ahrd to enjoy it.

btw does any1 know any guud fps mmo?

• rogabrrogabr Member Posts: 125

Dragonica

Lunia

Maplestory

Dragonica and Maplestory are GRIND HEAVY

and i mean HEAVY.

Lunia has end game raids etc, but the raid bosses CAN be solo'ed for gear once you know the fights but you wont always get gear at the end so you've gotta run it multiple times, + theres alot of internet references throughout the levels (when you get to 5-4 you'll see)

none of them require heavy...even medium use of the mouse

• rogabrrogabr Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by surstroming

Originally posted by Antipathy

I hope ur not a accusing me for "clicking on my skill bar". it wasn't because of the "point and clicking" it was because the expansion ruined it

anyways this thread is not about how to play in the WoW arena.

I've tried age of conan its pretty fun I might go back to it if all else fails,

I've played dragonica till lvl 25 its pretty fun but it gets pretty repetitive after a while.

u use the same combos all the time there no situation where u would use a other combo,

u use ur most powerful combo all the time to kill mobs and to move on,

but yeh its allot better than maple story.

I'm currently playing phantasy star universe,

there nothing wrong about the game but with all the hackers/billing problems/sudden servermaintenence its ahrd to enjoy it.

btw does any1 know any guud fps mmo?

fps mmo would be global agenda. / Exteel / Planetside

Phantasy star universe would be go to a private server, cant exactly remember the name but its got blue in it

• surstromingsurstroming Member UncommonPosts: 151

hehe I know what ur talking about, that was 2 years ago.

it was when sega cancelled the old psobb servers for the new PSU.

and some fan-girls decided to do a *cough* server cuz they were so attached to it.

i once played exteel, quite fun but i want a pve based fps.

but fps game should never be played with a joystick.

I'm gonna give lunia a try though.