Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are we getting a present this year in SWG?

Well last year, SOE was kind enough to give everyone a free Holocron for the Appocalypse... oops I mean't Christmas... although that was the day SWG was gonna die... ooh the hologrind days... AHHH THE NIGHTMARES!!!!

(ahem)

Anyways, does anyone have a clue what we are getting this year? 

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

Comments

• ArtifacTArtifacT Member Posts: 222

most likely nothing i havent heard anything about a "gift" from SOE?! but hey miracles hapen i guess

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    The only "gifts" are the 3 Wookiee Life Day things that you can get.  If you have JTL you'll also get 75,000 credits sometime around the new year.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Well they gave us gifts for their first anniversary.  They gave us gifts for last year's Christmas.  If they don't give us gifts again, it means that @ssmonkey won when he tried to petition that Christmas is not something that is part of the Star Wars storyline (Even if they had a Star Wars Christmas special long ago on TV, rofl) and would not be good roleplaying-wise.

And we're all getting 75,000 credits for New Years?  Yay... more to add to my 20 million credits on Kauri server!!!  And to my 5 million on Sunrunner!!!  And to my 2 million on Ahazi!!!  And to my other 2 million on Bria!!! And to my...................... (ahem) ... sorry, I spended lots of time selling crafts and grinding Mokk & Janta missions... it was too easy to become rich in SWG a couple months ago. image

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• ToomsTooms Member Posts: 17

I am a little dissapointed in the present, didn't they have more ideas to give us. Credits are just lame, its like from; hmm don't have any idea or creativity to give away this year, will give them some credits. Let say its typical SOE.

Games playing:
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Jump to Lightspeed

Ingame name: Tooms
    Server: Eclipse
    Guild: WaTON

Want to try another MMORPG, but which one?
    Looks interesting:
    The Matrix Online
    Eve Online
    World of Warcraft
    Planetside
    Final Fantasy XI
    Anarchy Online

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

I don't think the credits are a gift, I beleive they were a fix for the problems low level players were having getting a ship because of the cost of getting one or something. I read about it in a news article somewhere, I wish I could remember where now.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by Fadeus

I don't think the credits are a gift, I beleive they were a fix for the problems low level players were having getting a ship because of the cost of getting one or something. I read about it in a news article somewhere, I wish I could remember where now.
    - Fadeus Hawkwood

/sigh

That's cause new players aren't supose to start with the JTL expansion.  They are supose to play the actual game first, get money, then go into space.  Just like in real life!  It's not like a car will fall out of the sky unless you're really lucky.  You're born, go to school, work hard, get a job, buy a car and travel into space... oops... I mean travel around.

Stupid SOE... like any other expansion in any other MMORPG, sure there's new stuff for all players including lower levels, but the main thing that is always added in a new Expansion is more dungeons and more content for HIGH LEVEL players!  Cause we, the veterans, are bored of the game and need more, so expansions are released to give us more content.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _

• PFHATEPFHATE Member Posts: 57

Hmmmm well WoW got to own people with snowballs =p

• jackman1118jackman1118 Member Posts: 288

We also get too make gingerbread cookies, make egg nogg, AND do santa quests..

GG WoW

if you check the SWG press releases I think you will find the one I was talking about. They stated the money was a "fix" for the difficulty and the unexpected high economy on ships. And yes I agree with you, but they need to sell expansions, so everyone gets a ship.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• dacia72dacia72 Member Posts: 80
    75000 credits gift... loool I had 400 mil in account when I canceled the subscription :(

DAKSHA - the Weaponsmith
    proud member of KDS

SWG- DAKSHA, Quietus, Decebal, Deceneu -retired
    EVE - Daksha - retired
    WOW - Daksha - retired
    COV - Daksha - retired
    EQ2- Daksha - retired
    SOR- Daksha - retired
    Vanguard - Daksha - retired
    LOTRO - Daksha - retired
    AOC - Daksha - retired
    Warhammer - Daksha - retired
    Aion - Daksha -almost retired
    Waiting for SWTOR

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

if you check the SWG press releases I think you will find the one I was talking about. They stated the money was a "fix" for the difficulty and the unexpected high economy on ships. And yes I agree with you, but they need to sell expansions, so everyone gets a ship.- Fadeus Hawkwood

Unexpected high economy?!?! Unexpected? It takes 8 miliion resrouces to make one ship what the hell did they THINK people were going to charge?

Part of me is going to miss this game when my subscription runs out in Feb, and part of me says: Why the hell have you been playing so long?

8 million ressources for a ship?  That's impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!   People were selling Millinium Falcons for 1 million credits.  I bought my Rihkxxyrk Starfighter for just 400,000 credits!!!

In order for the Shipwrights to make profit, they have to at least sell their ships at 2cpu or else forget it... it'd be a waste of time to become a Shipwright.

Either the economy is THAT bad, or you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

I exaggerated a little. A lot of ships take over 100k resources, so even at 1CPU that's an expenisive ship. How could SOE NOT know ships were going to be expensive?

• cdapolitocdapolito Member Posts: 9

I think he meant 8mil resource to get Master Shipwight, at which point you can make the Ace ships and make the other ships worth buying (i.e. experment points).

Originally posted by Jodokai
    if you check the SWG press releases I think you will find the one I was talking about. They stated the money was a "fix" for the difficulty and the unexpected high economy on ships. And yes I agree with you, but they need to sell expansions, so everyone gets a ship.- Fadeus Hawkwood

Unexpected high economy?!?! Unexpected? It takes 8 miliion resrouces to make one ship what the hell did they THINK people were going to charge?

Part of me is going to miss this game when my subscription runs out in Feb, and part of me says: Why the hell have you been playing so long?

lolol, easy there, I don't even play, I just keep up with the game alittle and was reciting off memory.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

>>>>

unexpected high economy on ships.

>>>>

I am pretty sure that the high resource cost is SOE's way to siphon off some of the many resources stored for JTL .. to ease the burden on the database. And yes, shipbuilding consumes an insane amount of resources. Even more than architect. Acceptable for ship chassis. Unacceptable for consumables like missiles, which are so expensive to craft that people hardly buy them because they are not worth it.

I have NO idea why novice JTL pilots should be broke ?! I am a 1211 pilot (= equivalent to a  few hours flying .. too much crafting ships on the ground :-) and I wiped out 52 tier 1-3 ships over Tatooine in about 15 min, getting 23 loot pieces that I sold for 47k credits to an NPC. Which means you can make LOTS of money being a pirate .. shooting up ships and selling loot. My shields hardly felt the attackers. So novice pilots dont really NEED those 75k.

About the original topic : The Wookie Life Day gifts ARE the  official X-mas gifts .. and yes, you have to do something to get them ... which means there are not the same problems as last year (overfull inventories that would pin you in place until you delete something to get down to 60 items). And those paintings wont trigger the insanity that was the hologrind, which has REALLY hurt the game A LOT. As Santa and X-mas DONT fit into the Star Wars universe, I am glad that we have NO red nosed reindeers, NO X-mas cookies and NO snowballs in SWG .... Wookie Life Day was a good idea in my opinion.

Have fun

Erillion