Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game should be near tops on the hype list...

ActusActus Member UncommonPosts: 48

With all the whining around the forums for something sandboxy, crafter-freindly and skill-based... I can't believe that Fallen Earth isn't back up in the tops for hype.  It seems to fit the bill for many around here... other than those hooked to sword-n-sandals.

Maybe the PR is just wearing off.  Just curious about your thoughts on this...

Aurelion-Ellwaen-Aulric

Comments

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248

I don't know, but it seems as if this community here is a fickle mob. You would think this would happen because it is a sandbox game but who knows..

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I dno about rating but alot of people are excited about the game on these forums from what ive seen.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by Actus

With all the whining around the forums for something sandboxy, crafter-freindly and skill-based... I can't believe that Fallen Earth isn't back up in the tops for hype.  It seems to fit the bill for many around here... other than those hooked to sword-n-sandals.

Its because graphics suck, and the gameplay sucks

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619
    Originally posted by Cromica

I disagree, the graphics are fine for a post end-of-the-world feel...it matchs the game well.

Originally posted by Hammertime1

I disagree, the graphics are fine for a post end-of-the-world feel...it matchs the game well.

sure the pics are nice but ingame not so much

How do you know the gameplay sucks?

Originally posted by Gabby-air

How do you know the gameplay sucks?

I am not aloud to say or this site will punish me again

Well you already violated the NDA by saying the graphics in game suck

• KrayfishKrayfish Member UncommonPosts: 147

Indeed, i got myself a warning for mentioning graphics......oh sugar!.....there we go again.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

Sandboxy? crafter-friendly? skill-based?

Ryzom!

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• ActusActus Member UncommonPosts: 48

"Gameplay" is such a broad and subjective term... I've seen people throw that crap out at games where I've thought some aspects were great... others needed work... but overall were okay.

If you're under NDA then fine, shut it. But I seriously doubt what vexes you has anything to do with the hype level for the vast majority who are not in the closed beta.

The promised elements are there and there's no reason to believe they're faltering on anything yet.

As far as graphics... post-apocalyptic settings are hard to make pretty. I'll admit you still need ways to make it pop... but I get tired of gimicks. I guess they could throw in some nifty wings and more short skirts.

Aurelion-Ellwaen-Aulric

• WOWthatsucksWOWthatsucks Member Posts: 164

youtube maybe?

• KozomKozom Member Posts: 121

Who cares about graphics? I be spent countless nights the past year replaying Diablo 2 or nevrwinter and it was the gameplay that mattered. I have NO CLUE what fallen earths gameplay is about (damn nda) but if the game does not have a broken gp i woudnt mind playing it even if the graphics "suck". We have also seen games with near perfect graphics only making the gameplay hard to embrace.  

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

These that know, are under NDA. 

Also, the game is underdevelpment. And who know do "miracle patch" exists? 

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

I'm interested in this game, but I'm far more interested in Earthrise.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272

Originally posted by Hammertime1

sure the pics are nice but ingame not so much

Love people who just give statements and don't actually like to form valid reasons for taste.

Example: Gameplay sucks. Which part? What do you like, don't like?

For example, I don't like Guild Wars much. Why? To me it feels like a single player game really, and the stories are not engaging and I don't like the end game pvp as it felt more paper scissors stone like. Crafting is also not something Guild Wars really does and I like crafting alot and seeing my character progress along this lines.

I do like the graphics though for where it is, and the early PVP was very very fun and would play again and again, and of course being free to play is good!

Fallen Earth does what it says, and hasn't lied, expanded on the truth or even over hyped itself. People are enjoying the beta.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

It's really buggy when I tried the free stress test beta they had going on at Fileplanet. The idea of the tutorial storyline sort of intro was an interesting idea. However it just felt really.. unresponsive to me. You couldn't turn in air while jumping, apparently that was a "feature" when I asked about it in the general chat. (Several players made a note to me that well you can't do that in real life so you can't do it here! Well last I checked I was able to turn while mid jump pretty well.)

I don't know, it just felt really.. unpolished. When I got to the main world it felt very laggy as well, even though the actual game didn't look all that great.

• SandbloxSandblox Member UncommonPosts: 180

The most obvious reasons why this game has such little hype has to with the fact that most screen shots do not muster much emotion, videos have been so far very campy and ugly.

So when you have a bland and ugly game from a non established IP being made by a small company, not much of a shocker there is little hype.

The other huge reason is that people who beta test and enjoy the game being tested often begin to hype the game, however for the most part you see very few people hype this game and a lot of people who skirt around the NDA as best they can dropping hints that the game is terrible. If the game was awesome, you would see it reflected on the forums.

However FE is not the only sandbox style MMO in development right now and so for those looking for such there are other options in the works and beta testing aside, they look better in given screen shots, videos and even some of the lore and write ups.

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

I really don't get why people call it sandbox...

What is sandbox about it??? Nothing.

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

The majority of the people on this forum have no god damn idea what they want in an MMO.

All they know is their bored with the genre and wont give it up.

The others are just fans of a particular mmo and play forum pvp.

FE looks ok but to be honest I think it may be releasing early so im expecting another darkfall (a game that will take over a year to become playable).

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

While I can't agree with JGMIII that we are all as lost as he says; waiting for a year after launch until you play is a good idea. I wait at least two months till after launch these days. The way MMO releases are going it will make sense to extend that waiting period.

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

Thanks for reminding me to lower my score for FE. Now that I have more idea what the game is like.

• adrianemeryadrianemery Member Posts: 250

As somebody who loves crafting and exploring I shall be getting this game and even though it's not going to be everybody's cup of tea hopefully there is enough of us who can make it a go.

As for hype, in the last year the hype for the top 5 games on this site has gone from low 7's to mid 8's, which would suggest that people are getting more and more unrealistic expectations in a desparate hope that the next one will be "the one"

Anyways I am in the US for the launch ( I live in the UK ) and so will be able to pick up a copy when I am over there so no rollback on the launch date please.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

I have zero interest in Fallen Earth.

The character models are horrible. The graphics are amateurish. The gameplay is linear. The setting is boring.

• mortharxmortharx Member Posts: 293

A game with "fall" in the name never is a success.

R.I.P Chikaca Whachuchuimage