Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could advanced warcraft servers be answer to those unhappy with the ease of the game now ?

124»

Comments

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Mazin

Basically this thread comes down to this.
    I am hardcore gamer, I play 70 hours a week, therefore I should be able to beat 7 people at once in pvp who only play 10 hours a week.

Basically this comment comes down to this

"I haven't read the thread, but I feel like making a smart-arse comment anyway, in the mistaken assumption that it will make me look clever"

Hint - the thread has nothing to do with PvP

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640
    Originally posted by Antipathy

Basically this thread comes down to this.
    I am hardcore gamer, I play 70 hours a week, therefore I should be able to beat 7 people at once in pvp who only play 10 hours a week.

Basically this comment comes down to this

"I haven't read the thread, but I feel like making a smart-arse comment anyway, in the mistaken assumption that it will make me look clever"

Hint - the thread has nothing to do with PvP

*yawn*

The basis of my comment is relevant, people who play 70 hours a week want to be rewarded more than those who only play 10. 

Thats where the WOW is to easy now statements come from, people use to be in awe of a warrior in full tier 2, that awe factor is gone. 

It's the awe factor that hardcore gamers want, to be the hero.

*yawn*

The basis of my comment is relevant, people who play 70 hours a week want to be rewarded more than those who only play 10. 

Thats where the WOW is to easy now statements come from, people use to be in awe of a warrior in full tier 2, that awe factor is gone. 

No - people who play 70 hours a week already get more rewards in WarCraft than those who play 10 hours a week. Why ask for something you already have?

What they are asking for in this thread is to be given fewer rewards. They don't want rewards - they want challenging game play.

*yawn*

No - people who play 70 hours a week already get more rewards in WarCraft than those who play 10 hours a week. Why ask for something you already have?

What they are asking for in this thread is to be given fewer rewards. They don't want rewards - they want challenging game play.

WOW is the wrong game for that, its always been about the rewards... always.

Personally, I'd like to be challenged somewhere other than Ulduar.

I'm not an ultra-hardcore 70 hour a week player. I haven't even cleared Ulduar yet. But nonetheless, there are very few places I can currently go in Warcraft to get any sort of decent challenge - i.e. enough challenge that a group of non-idiots actually has a chance of failing.

The only interesting part of Warcraft at the moment is Ulduar. And so the result is that I end up living in a very small "world". It's like turning up at a card games club, hoping to play games like "Bridge" and "Cribbage" and finding out that on every table people are playing "Snap".

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Yep - he's right. If you start making blue cars then next thing you know people will be asking for red cars. And then green cars. And white cars. And metallic colours. It will never end...

Personally i would equate it to asking for a hand crank starter on a brand new BMW because the key just makes things far too easy?? I don't want to get soaked and spend ages getting my car started again when i can just slip in the key and away i go!

As for Blizz not listening to their players, well the whole reason that this thread exists in the first place is because they do exactly that, but they listen to the majority of their long term player base and not the burn out and run crowd.

Which ever way you look at it and considering the player base that WoW has now and has had over the years there are going to be crowds of people with the same particular gripe about the game between them, you just cannot cater for every player no matter what you do.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

Advanced in what way? Making leveling mobs elite with more complex abilities? FFA PvP? If you refer to raiding, then sorry dude, Ulduar 25hardmodes and very soon(2 weeks max I'd say) Trial of the Grand Crusader 25 are advanced enough. The hardest of them require great reactions, skill knowledge and overall great personal performance to finish them.

• ZerocydeZerocyde Member UncommonPosts: 412

I'd just be happy with a pre-bc server, lol.

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde

Originally posted by beibei

"I'll rip your head off and shit down your neck"