Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need an MMO with little to no PvP

CapnCapn Member Posts: 45

WoW is getting really old, and I don't have the time for FFXI (takes forever to get a party going).

Anything out there that has no open PvP? Or if it does, it is only in unimportant places that you can avoid and not miss anything (like a PvE server of WoW is)?

Anything coming up in the near future?

I do not want those cheap free to play games that Korea/Taiwan come out with every month.

Thanks!

Comments

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Lord Of The Rings Online. Very good PVE game and PVP is optional and very different from WOW or any other PVP ive seen.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

You can try LOTRO, Vanguard, EQ2.

• bruciebrucie Member Posts: 22

In my opinion:

Vanguard saga of heroes is a great pve game that has some trial time to it.  Depending how you enjoy starter Island its worth a sub.  If you are so so id move onto another trial game.  If you have any RL friends that are playing anything i would first try the games they are in.  I personally always have way more fun playing any game with real life friends, no matter how bad it is.

I lose interest in age of conan, Lord of the rings, and warhammer online pretty fast.  I am itching to give eq2 another shot.  Mosty just hanging out til aion is out.

in order:

Vanguard

eq2

warhammer

aoc

lotr

alot of people seem to enjoy lotr,  im just not a fanboy at all

• RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

Age of Conan. LotRO, City of Heroes/Villains, EQ, EQ2, Vanguard... I could keep going. Pretty much any game on the market meets your criteria really...

• towanitowani Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

Lord Of The Rings Online. Very good PVE game and PVP is optional and very different from WOW or any other PVP ive seen.

Hands down LotRO is going to be the best game to fit that.  It is an excellent game, 95% PvE geared.  There is a zone of PvMP (Player vs. Monster Player) but you never have to go there if you don't want to... and nothing you can do or get out there is better than PvE gear, etc.

There is a free trial I believe.  Servers are always rockin with a healthy population, even at the lower levels.

LotRO: Meneldor: Riders of the Riddermark

• CapnCapn Member Posts: 45

I tried Lord of the Rings online during the open beta when I pre-ordered the game. I wasn't able to get into it. I ended up canceling the pre-order. Maybe it has gotten better after release, I would have to try it again.

Can someone describe to me more about Vanguard's gameplay? Are the servers healthy, or is it pretty sparse? Can all classes solo if you need to, or is it similar to FFXI where parties are required? Is there open PvP at all?

I've heard a lot of hype on Aion, but it also looks to have a big PvP component?

• FunIsRPGFunIsRPG Member Posts: 7

Why not try:

MapleStory: A fun online game with no pvp, just leveling and trading. A good community and a fun time

I personally like that game, I had to get rid of it because it was making my computer run very slow since it's downloadable.

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

LOTRO, DDO, EQ2 off the top of my head.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Guild Wars may be worth a shot.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Capn

WoW is getting really old, and I don't have the time for FFXI (takes forever to get a party going).
    Anything out there that has no open PvP? Or if it does, it is only in unimportant places that you can avoid and not miss anything (like a PvE server of WoW is)?
    Anything coming up in the near future?
    I do not want those cheap free to play games that Korea/Taiwan come out with every month.
    Thanks!

Someone beat me to it but Lord of the Rings. It "has" pvp but it's only in a special area and you never have to partake in it.

Oh yeah, Vangaurd. I think it's a great game but an acquired taste.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Guild Wars, LotrO, DDO:EU

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829

Guild Wars is an option. It has no subscription fee and it doesn't suck. PvP is completely optional. But in order to really enjoy the PvE side of the game you have to get all the various "campaigns" for it, each one being a seperate game and each one costing about the same amount of money. If you decide to get this game my suggestion would be to get "Factions" first as you can level up the quickest there. If you seem to enjoy it then get "Nightfall" before you beat factions and then take your factions character into Nightfall so you can get the NPC heroes. Once you beat Factions and Nightfall, buy the original ("Prophecies") and lastly Eye of the North. The only major drawback to this game is that there isn't any new content coming out for it anymore because the developers have moved on to the development of GW2. But if you have all the Campaigns then thats probably atleast a year worth of entertainment right there.

The BEST PvE game out right now however would be City of Heroes in my opinion. PvP is only in limited zones and most players pay no attention to it. The PvE side of the game is the main focus for the majority of the players and the developers too. Unlike Guild Wars, you only need to buy one copy of the game to really enjoy it (although there is a monthly subscription fee) and there is still new content being developed for it. There is even an expansion planned. The game has a HUGE amount of content and very few bugs because it has been around for so long. This makes it a very reliable choice in my opinion. The only real complaint that can be made with the game is that grouping could be tricky right now because of the "Architect Editor" that almost everyone is playing right now because its new and an easy way to level, which makes some other psrts of the world seem kind of empty by comparison. Luckily, the majority of the game can be soloed pretty easy and that alone should keep you entertained for about six months, after that you could look at joining a Super Group (guild) or whatever to do group content. And by that time the expansion may be out!

So if you really like grouping and cost is not an issue, I would go with Guild Wars. If you would rather solo then CoH is probably the way to go.

• WhibboWhibbo Member Posts: 49

As far as PvE content and a good looking game, I have to give the nod to EQ2.  LOTRO was just way too linear for me.  Yeah it's cool to follow the storyline, but just too much of a predetermined path for me.  The monster play was kind of cool though.  I just felt more free in my choices with EQ2.  Vanguard was ok, but I didn't feel it was polished as much as EQ2.

Try them all and see....

Playing EVE online currently. Started MMO's with EQ Velious, played EQ2, DAoC, CoH, AO, SWG (pre NGE), Planetside, DCUO. Played briefly cause I didn't like: WAR, WoW, VG, etc. etc.