Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greatly Improved - still some things that could be fixed though

Have to say the game has come on leaps and bounds and I am very impressed with the turnaround the team at Funcom have managed. Most of the stuff that put me off at launch are fixed...but...but...still quite a bit of the little things there. They haven't gotten around to the polish yet I guess.

Maybe I am too picky, but I would love to see some of the little things fixed too, like the way the weapons float on your back, or teh way you seem to 'randomly' by in combat now and again and can't rest or stealth...just little slightly annoying things that can add up. It is definitely not up to wow levels of polish yet (but for me ahead of WAR and maybe even LOTRO - but to be fair havent tried LOTRO in six months and is was all the little things that drove me away there)

Maybe we just all want to much, I am glad they did the new content and fixed the crappy item system first, but would be nice if they did some of the small stuff too now. Reading the GD letter and such it seems they will stick to adding big things and adding new content...wish they could find the time for some small stuff too.

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

I agree those small things do annoy me. I'll add one to that list. It is the fatality bug, where if you get a fatality on you by a NPC (may happen from a PvP too I don't know as I don't pvp) when you release you still have the graphical effect on you. For example if you got a shock fatality on you and when you released back at the rez pad you will still look shocked or cooked. There is a frost look too I get all the time from NPC casting. Hate it! 

I walk around and everyone knows I got my butt handed to me.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

/Agree

Can't really blame them for fixing the larger issues first, but as you say, all those small thigs add up too. Small visual details, but still...

My main thing now, is wanting to see cross realm mini-games added. Hope it doesn't take Funcom as long as it took Blizzard to implement that. Can still remember those days where I waited 4-5 hours to get into Altarac Valley.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• bond284bond284 Member UncommonPosts: 22

I'm going to have to agree here. Been playing a very short while off and on with the two weeks of free play and the way everything seems to move just doesnt sit right with me; the way people jump and land, how 2handers look on your back, and my stance with 2handers just dont look natural to me. I know its nit picking but its something you see no matter what and you can't really ignore it like some part of the game you can skip entirely.

So far though thats all I can complain about AoC... for now :D

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

The thing that annoys me most is the clipping of my cloak by my shield. I do think that there needs to be a balance between fixing existing liveable problems with additional content. For example, the coming guild changes in 1.06 that cause my success to help my guild's ranking are a higher priority than clipping textures.

• bond284bond284 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by catlana

The thing that annoys me most is the clipping of my cloak by my shield. I do think that there needs to be a balance between fixing existing liveable problems with additional content. For example, the coming guild changes in 1.06 that cause my success to help my guild's ranking are a higher priority than clipping textures.

Naturally

I don't think anyone here would suggest to work on the asthetics over core gameplay but its still nit picking. Plus, any game company fixes many problems at the same time by having their repsective department working on specific issues. I'm sure the animators aren't up to their necks in work atm (but what do i know? they could be animating a whole new set of baddies).

• LordBonezyLordBonezy Member Posts: 254

The only major additions to AOC since launch have been DX10 beta, which runs like a beta unless you have a GTX series GPU. They finally got the client stable, a feat they achieved largely 6 months ago. If those two things are enough for you, welcome back to the another broken exprience. If you wanted drunken brawls, player housing, equipment dyes, NPC sieges, larger guild banks, well none of that stuff of substance, you know core improvements suggested on the suggestion forum since the first week after launch, have been implemented. None of them.

They fixed performance and added DX10 beta. Two things which should have been in the box on the DVD at launch. Try the 14 day free fail for yourself and see just where they are at.

Vetern rewards, borderkingdom towers, guild taxes, guild customization, colliseum, consentual pvp on PVE servers, none of that made into the game either. But yea they delivered 50% of what they advertised a year and 3 months later. I resubbed on the request of a friend, and I was a paying customer for another month, this was a week or so before the free trial. I can tell you that I'm not resubbing for another month. 

Oh yeah the guild bank size, still 50 slots only.

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390

Btw, there are still lag spikes on Fury (EU) and fps is horrible for a configuration like mine (Amd Athlon x2 6000+, geforce 9600gt), so horrible that I can't really be a good pvper, since the client lag between combo steps is just unbearable. So I'd say the performance and stability is still poor, but the gameplay has improved a bit.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by catlana

Do you remember the short skirts and the upper legs would be missing? haha I'm so glad that got fixed. The robe you get in Sanctum was a prime example of this. I played a HoX when the game first came out and got that robe in Sanc and hated running around with some of my legs missing.

The cloak and shield thing I agree with too, it is annoying.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385

Im glad your having fun thats all that counts

• TjommisTjommis Member UncommonPosts: 225

Atleast we can ride with cloaks on without cutting the horsie in two these days^^ Quite a few clipping issues has been resolved, but some remains; the female shield clipping being the most significant.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190
    Originally posted by LordBonezy

Vetern rewards, borderkingdom towers, guild taxes, guild customization, colliseum, 

All those things there are coming next patch 1.06.

Colliseum is coming? :)

• TheNinjaboyTheNinjaboy Member Posts: 243

There has been a lot of talk about the Coliseum.

I have not heard about any commitments regarding that feature (yet).

I do know that cross-server Minigames are coming as soon as 1.07.

There are a lot of technical issues they're trying to figure out with it since the game was never designed to link up between servers in that manner.

• Lille7Lille7 Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Krewel

Btw, there are still lag spikes on Fury (EU) and fps is horrible for a configuration like mine (Amd Athlon x2 6000+, geforce 9600gt), so horrible that I can't really be a good pvper, since the client lag between combo steps is just unbearable. So I'd say the performance and stability is still poor, but the gameplay has improved a bit.

Wow, something must be weird with your computer then. I can play the game ok on low-medium settings with my Pentium4 and X1950XT, thats a card from 2006. Now massive pvp is out of the question for me, but minigames and some small scale world pvp is fine.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by badboybill

I totally disagree with OP. Sure small bugs are annoying but it's much more important for Funcom to concentrate on big things like adding new endgame content.
    Player won't quit because of floating swords, but they will quit when there's nothing more to do.

I disagree wit hyou and I agree with the OP.  I quit because all those little annoying things add up.   After awhile of waiting, you just give up thinking they'll ever get fixed.   I can't believe the fatality bug is still in after all this time.    That is screwed up.    They still haven't polished the floating weapons and shields on the back.   ::shakes her head::  Game was designed wrong anyway.   I am writing a blog how they should have done it - because lets face it, how it is done - sucks.   Combat is fine.   The rest...I want a redo.

Yes, it's also a plethora of small things that can really deter you from playing the game again. I was really disappointed when I saw that the visual glitch whereby the 2-handed sword on my char floats almost a meter away from the char's hands. But the most disappointing thing for me was that the lagspikes were still there. If they can't fix simple things like that, then how the hell can people be optimistic about fixing the complex things, like raids or sieges?