Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liking it so far

So i went ahead and downloaded the trial,After trying lotr,war,eq2 and aoc I'd say this and lotr impressed me the most at the start.I'm an old eq vet and have been trying to capture that feeling that eq had and so far i haven't found a game that quite compares.Granted i only played a few hours last night but this game seems very promising so far and it's a shame it's kind of on the back burner.I'd like to see it pick up,this game is defintely worth salvaging and rejuvenating.

Comments

• XarekisXarekis Member Posts: 16

I gave up on trying to replace EQ.

Now I just play on EQ EMU servers =] 

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

Welcome aboard.

It is the only game close to EQ1 imo.

If your bored to tears with EQ1 (like me), then its a pretty good replacement.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Glad you are enjoying it.  While no game will ever give us the 'rush' as our first love MMO (EQ1 for me too), Vanguard has me hooked and has come the closest to being an EQ1 replacement for me.  VG can have a steep learning curve, so feel free to ask a lot of questions.

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

Welcome

Yes Vanguard is very enjoyable ,IMO the best PVE game on the market :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by bcrankshaw

Welcome
    Yes Vanguard is very enjoyable ,IMO the best PVE game on the market :)

Even I do not enjoy pure PvE games, I can say that Vanguard is a great. Thats the game where player decisions and communication with other players are very important. I think Vanguard is not for everyone, because most of today MMO players just expect game to play instead of themselfs.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

If only more people actually played it.  The lack of players running around and chatting is killing the game for me.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

If only more people actually played it.  The lack of players running around and chatting is killing the game for me.

The only place I've ever seen a lack of constant chatter would be the continent of Kojan.  Qalia and thestra are usually nonstop chatter.   

---
    Ethion

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Yes. unless you are on IoD where the chat is lighter, Thestra and Qalia are a steady stream of chatter.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Actually, the Isle had more chatter, though not by much.  I play on an EU server, and what few players I see on the "mainland" at Veskal's Exchange and the Qa River are usually just standing in front of NPCs and are often still there when I pass then 15 minutes later.  There's a very infrequent "LFG" in /ooc asking for lvl 50-ish characters, and that's the sum total of the chat that I've seen.  There's just no-one around. 

Sunday, mid-afternoon, and I was the only person in one zone, there were three of us in another and five of us in yet another

Nice game, but I think it is about time to head off to find a MMORPG that isn't dead on it's feet.

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

Try the US servers.  I found Halgar to be sadly dead, but Seradon is lively, and I hear Xeth is the same.  The population is big enough so that as an EU player you can usually find a few people to team with at any given EU-friendly time.