Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I stop at 60!

2»

Comments

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

This is exactly why WoW has been so successful. There is no 'right' way to play.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by Kamandi777

<Mod Deleted>

Sorry dude, but no, leveling to 80 is not a mistake. If I'd level an alt then, yes, I would consider it a grind, but I really enjoyed gearing up my character from heroics, bgs/WG and arena as I had fun in the actual game and never considered it a grind.

Just pointing out for new players that may consider what you said is true.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Originally posted by sazabi

"But at the end of the day, you're still grinding. Just with different motivation behind it. If I logged ingame and went to a secluded area and did nothing but kill mobs for two hours at level 60, because I enjoyed it, but someone asked what I was doing, telling them I'm grinding is the correct answer. And the same goes for you. You're just enjoying the game grinding PVP 20 levels lower. "

/thread ;o

What are you grinding if you are not getting more experience, levels, or new gear?  Grinding implies doing monotonous, undesirable tasks to achieve something that seemingly makes those tasks worthwhile.  Once you are level 60 and have all the reputation and gear you need, you are not grinding no matter how many mobs or players you kill.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by Palebane
    What are you grinding if you are not getting more experience, levels, or new gear?  Grinding implies doing monotonous, undesirable tasks to achieve something that seemingly makes those tasks worthwhile.  Once you are level 60 and have all the reputation and gear you need, you are not grinding no matter how many mobs or players you kill.

I suppose it depends on the motivation of the person doing it doesn't it? From the OP's comments so far it would seem that some sort of false adulation and localised community recognition is the be all and end all of their gaming endevours. If that is the case then of course it is just another grind as they have to be in there all the time proving they can 'own' the rest of the L60's passing through.

By your definition though i suppose in the view of the OP it is a desirable task as it is all they play the game for it would seem, so although i and others may see it as a grind, from the viewpoint of the player concerned it isn't. Again, it is all down to personal perspective!

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.