Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now, Why tell me we need cap and trade after this?

2»

Comments

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

In regard to man causing global warning:

Can somebody please post the base line comparison study that was carried out on the Earth's climate prior to man?

Thank you.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by outfctrl

I knew it all along.  Global warming is a scare and an agenda to control us.
    Nature not man responsible for recent global warming
    We are being snowed into believing we are the cause. 

I remember when your posts were actually quite interesting and good for debate. What happened?

Now they are just the same topics repeated in different ways.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562
    Originally posted by hoopty

Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Originally posted by Sabiancym

It's hard to believe that man-made global warming is a lie when the people "disproving" it are the same people who "disprove" actual science with the Bible.

Proof?

They said the World was Flat...ROFL>>>

Actually, no "they" didn't. Go to the link the OP provided.

• Aetius73Aetius73 Member Posts: 1,257

Originally posted by Cleffy

I don't think such an expensive and restrictive legislation should be passed based on an unproven theory. I have said it before, Global Warming has had all its "evidence" disproven when applied to a real world scenario.  Currently only 1 company will profit from cap and trade.  The Chicago Carbon Exchange.

That's what I cant understand?  Is Washington that stupid?  Pushing this on us based on a theory?  For Gods sake, prove it scientifically before you tax us.

They could give a crap whether global warming is man made or not. They just want to be arm-pit deep in your wallet so they can cut the deficit and give more free hand-outs to the people that keep them in office. Never mind the fact that it will double our energy bills, make gas $5-10 a gallon, and make what little manufacturing we have left in this country move to Mexico to avoid this nonsense.

Worst Destroyers of Union Manufacturing Jobs in the United States:

Bill Clinton

NAFTA

China Most Favored Nation Trading Status

Barack Obama

Cap and Trade

It cracks me up that Unions keep supporting these guys.

Originally posted by Vemoi

Vote the democrats out in 2010 if it isn't too late allready.

It is the damage they have done already will set us back decades.

It's hard to believe that man-made global warming is a lie when the people "disproving" it are the same people who "disprove" actual science with the Bible.

Proof?

Proof of what?  That I believe in one set of arguments over another?

2000 years ago you could grow grapes in England because the climate was warmer. 500 years ago you couldn't because it was too cold. 100 years ago you couldn't because it was too cold. 50 years ago you could because it was warm enough. The earth goes through cycles regardless of what man does. Thinking we cause every single phenomena in nature is the height of arrogance. Does man cause the earth to be warmer? Yes. Is man the sole cause of global warming? No.

As usual this is an attempt by the left to save us from our evil selves by coming up with an excuse for the biggest tax increase in history.

Cap and Trade is like a watermelon Green on the outside and communist red in the middle.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306
    Originally posted by Vemoi

Vote the democrats out in 2010 if it isn't too late allready.

We may have to. The Blue Dogs have been a thorn in our side so far. We might be forced to get rid of them and vote in more progressive dems.

Honestly, where else do they have to go? Become republicans? Puuhleeeease

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Proof?

Proof of what?  That I believe in one set of arguments over another?

No, prove that the people that the OP provided are the same people who try to disprove actual science with the bible. When I read the list of groups on that site, I see people who are mostly anti-religion. Libertarians are often as hostile to religion as you are. Obviously you didn't even read what he posted.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Cleffy I don't think such an expensive and restrictive legislation should be passed based on an unproven theory. I have said it before, Global Warming has had all its "evidence" disproven when applied to a real world scenario.  Currently only 1 company will profit from cap and trade.  The Chicago Carbon Exchange.
    That's what I cant understand?  Is Washington that stupid?  Pushing this on us based on a theory?  For Gods sake, prove it scientifically before you tax us.

May I ask what you mean by scientifically proving it? Science (with the exception of Math) can never truly prove anything, you can only have a lot of evidence that it's true but you can never to 100% prove it.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449
    Originally posted by Fishermage  
    Yup, nothing but a leftist end-time scare to gain power and loot from the people. No different than the way some fundamentalist Christians use end-time scare tactics to get people to come to Jesus.
    Same stuff, different religion.

I agree.

Not too long ago we had the Bird Flu Scare, that it was not a matter of IF but WHEN another plaque will hit.  With the hyping of the Bird Flu, a certain company profited from producing a vaccine for it; and even as a clause for the reason of the North American Union ("Advancing Cooperation on Avian and Pandemic Influenza" at www.spp.gov )...  What happen to the Bird Flu?  This grand world reaper that would descend upon us all? 

Alas, here it is! The Swine Flu!

In other Doomsday News, "The Big One" (earthquake) never happened in California (anyone remember the, "In the next 20 years, the Big One is going to strike" sayings?).  But now the USGS says there is a 99.something% chance of "The Big One" happening within the next 30 years (minus 2 years now since the study was first announced).

So after more than 40 years of no "Big One," we're told its going to happen within 30 years, this time, really.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

Interesting...  A Big One did happen today, a 6.9'er down in Gulf of California.

Well I guess the Big One happening in 30years is over now.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by Dracus

Interesting...  A Big One did happen today, a 6.9'er down in Gulf of California.

Well I guess the Big One happening in 30years is over now.

Yea, thanks for jinxin' Southern Cal.

Next time keep it to yourself........

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

There's a sucker born every minute. Poor souls who believe in the human made GW non-sense. That's it. It doesn't make sense. Not even common sense. To make a point: Some won't light fires because they believe the fire would produce CO2, but the same crowd wouldn't think twice before having a carbonated beverage. Carbonated with - CO2. Pop the cap and release CO2? I think, not feel, that these people have been misguided by the misinformed or as history shows, there are suckers continually born every minute.

The age of the world is in millions of years. The climate over this period of time has been warm and it has been freezing cold. Mans time on earth is small dot in large continum. To speak of changes over 5 or 50 years is a spec of time. In my humble opinion, there may be normal climate change in the offing, as there always has been. Mans activities has no effect on this. Carbon dioxide is plant food......we need more of it. There are some that are going to make a lot of money, buying and selling carbon credits and other imaginary assets. They are benefitting by promoting an idea that they do not wish to have debated any further. What true scientist says "the debate is over, trust me?"

Global warming is the new religion of First World urban elites

Geologist Ian Plimer takes a contrary view, arguing that man-made climate change is a con trick perpetuated by environmentalists

This Volcano put more CO'2 in the atmosphere than the entire Industrial revolution.

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715
    Originally posted by popinjay

I knew it all along.  Global warming is a scare and an agenda to control us.
    We are being snowed into believing we are the cause.

I have no idea why everytime you post, the vibe that comes through makes me think of this pic someone had in a thread of the different types of internet posters.

Even if that link WAS true, which I doubt seriously (plenty of other science disproves that one), what conspiratorial "cause" and "agenda" are we "being snowed" into exactly?

Ah, popinjay.. I see you're exercising your hypocrisy in full force these days. Reverting to an ad hominem before a discussion ever starts. You always say that in your threads, how it is childish and stupid that someone attacks another in a topic.

Well there you are, way to go.

• PyrichPyrich Member Posts: 1,040
    Originally posted by popinjay

Greenland

Polar Ice Cap

Nobody is arguing that its happening,   they are arguing the reasons.

Is it because of us or a multi billion year cycle thats been repeating since well before vertabrates first crawled on the earth.

The last time they melted there's evidence they did so at about 100x the current rate.  Due to methane rather than the somewhat friendlier CO2.  But even then the CO2 levels were about 20 times the current rate,  still less than 1 percent though.

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818
    Originally posted by frodus

Global warming is the new religion of First World urban elites

Geologist Ian Plimer takes a contrary view, arguing that man-made climate change is a con trick perpetuated by environmentalists

This Volcano put more CO'2 in the atmosphere than the entire Industrial revolution.

Man caused that volcano, didn't you know=)  When will Gore donate all the money he made to a fund to prevent more global CLIMATE CHANGE?   What a brilliant way to set his family and many of his future generations up for life, by fooling a bunch of sheep by twisting the facts just enough to make it believable.  If he didn't go off so much on how WE are the biggest offenders, I wouldn't care.    None of the money he's earned relating to GW should ever get near his pocket.