Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING Check your bank statements.

2»

Comments

• donjuanamigodonjuanamigo Member Posts: 256

i mananged to do the vet trial for free. i didnt have to put a CC number in either. i know there was an option to but i wasnt dumb enough to do that because of what exactly happened to the OP. this isnt funcoms fault OP, that is your fault for putting in your CC.

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388
    Originally posted by augustgrace

Originally posted by dhayes68

Originally posted by augustgrace

And again, so what? If you signed up for the vet trial but didn't intend to subscribe, you should check your statements.

Anyone who actually bothered to pay attention isn't going to have this issue.  Funcom has made a lot of mistakes, but this issue is purely your fault.  I believe it was even stated in the email invitation that you DID NOT need to enter credit card info for the trial.

You can't know that. You THINK it's all my fault, and why you would think that I have no idea. You don't know what I saw, what I did. Bottom line, I did NOT want to subscribe, tried to make sure I did not subscribe, ended up subscribed. And that first day of the trial, I and others did have to put in CC info to get the trial activated.

Bottomline, if you signed up for the vet trial but didn't want to subscribe, you should check your statements? Whats your problem with that?

Actually I do know what you saw since I received the exact same invitation, and went through the same process when I reactivated my account for the trial.  It wasn't a difficult process.

No, you know what YOU saw.

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

Obviously they weren't clear.

Obviously they were. Just because you were unable to read them is your own fault. Yes YOUR fault. Too many dopes blaming others for their own mistakes. The new America.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Pretty good rule of thumb: If one person did it, likely others did it too.

The bottom line is, according to the OP, he didn't expect to get charged and therefore, anyone else who might have approached the trial with the same expectations couldn't be harmed by just checking their bank/CC statement. Is that a bad thing?

He didn't say Funcom is the devil or anything hostile toward the game or developers in his OP. He didn't complain the process was unclear or start any argument about that. It was just a heads up.. Really, as a consumer, this is a pretty nice thing to do since it can only benefit other people and has no negative impact.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

No, you know what YOU saw.

So now your claiming they had some separate process designed just for you? I'm sure the vet invites were nothing more than an elaborate scheme to steal $11.99 from you.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

It is a little bit funny that anyone who expresses negative feelings towards AoC is almost immediately hit with the "you are not currently subscribed - you do not know a thing about AoC"-bat.

Yet some of the loyal subscribers seem to know everything about the re-eval offer,  yes, the offer and signup process that THEY did not get a chance to experience.

I chose to resub for a month along with the 14 days re-eval because I do not have a lot of gaming time currently and I actually wanted to give AoC a fair shot as this might very well be my last try with AoC.

IMO chosing to resub was extremely easy (this was what I wanted anyway). Getting away from the resub-options and just going for the 14 days free re-eval was neither easy nor "crystal clear" in any way!

While AoC (IMO) seems to have improved quite a bit, Funcom sales- and PR-department ethics are lousy as usual.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

I did the "vet" trial for my wife who was a launch player. Like me she quit after the 30 days. I started back after Craig took over, but my wife did not as she was not interested in starting an MMO again.

But, days passed and she kept watching me play, and finally started to get the itch. It really took off when I got my son into the game, and she wanted all three of us to play. This is when the email came for the trial for vets.

I went to sign up. I then received the choice to either 1. Pay 11.99 NOW and get 30 days (plus 14 for the retrial) or 2. Not renew and continue my trial.

So, I am sorry, but it is clearly stated when you signed up that this was a one time offer, and if you did not want it, to click another button.

You made a mistake, and doing a chargeback will be considered fraud. You decide how you wish to act ...morally or immorally.

Funcom is not at fault.

• EventideEventide Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Originally posted by orlac

Obviously they were. Just because you were unable to read them is your own fault. Yes YOUR fault. Too many dopes blaming others for their own mistakes. The new America.

QFT

Got the re activation email, used it. Played for a couple of hours, and realized that not much seemed to have actually changed, just got the notice that my trial had ended and my account was inactive the other day... It was a pretty straight forward process.

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843
    Originally posted by Eventide

Originally posted by orlac

QFT

Got the re activation email, used it. Played for a couple of hours, and realized that not much seemed to have actually changed, just got the notice that my trial had ended and my account was inactive the other day... It was a pretty straight forward process.

nah I heard people were just being billed out of the blue AGAIN as Funcom did that during release.  That argument that the customer is to blame is funny as I see people using it on other forums to defend Funcom. That goes for people who did not click on an item.  Funcom was deceptive when they offered everyone a free level 50 in the win back gimmick so it isn't like the company cares, I'm sure they would have ommited the fine print if they had thought of it.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

Originally posted by openedge1

I did the "vet" trial for my wife who was a launch player. Like me she quit after the 30 days. I started back after Craig took over, but my wife did not as she was not interested in starting an MMO again.
    But, days passed and she kept watching me play, and finally started to get the itch. It really took off when I got my son into the game, and she wanted all three of us to play. This is when the email came for the trial for vets.
    I went to sign up. I then received the choice to either 1. Pay 11.99 NOW and get 30 days (plus 14 for the retrial) or 2. Not renew and continue my trial.
    So, I am sorry, but it is clearly stated when you signed up that this was a one time offer, and if you did not want it, to click another button.
    You made a mistake, and doing a chargeback will be considered fraud. You decide how you wish to act ...morally or immorally.
    Funcom is not at fault.

Lol you're funny. Moral or immoral, are you serious? I signed up the first day. Went to the site, clicked the link for the vet trial. Right then and there I should have been in the clear, I clicked the trial link, not the subscribe link. If beyond that point, specifically not wanting to subscribe, I ended up subscribing, there is a problem on FC's side. Especially since FC had had a problem with charging people after they'd cancelled in the past. Hell yes I'm going to chargeback if they don't fix it. I did not intend to sub, did not click anything to sub. I'm not paying for it.

I don't know how you can know what I clearly saw unless you were here, which you weren't so stop acting like what you assume is fact.

Bottomline: If you did the vet trial but didn't want to subscribe, you should check your statements.

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448

FC charged me $11.99 and again for .36 cents (?) for the vet trial even though I cancelled AND deleted my payment info halfway through the vet trial.

darwinism at it's finest

learn to read next time lol

• krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175

Nothing in life is free.

Did you expect any less from a company that shipped a product with listed features not actually in the game?

[(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy

Originally posted by rr2real

darwinism at it's finest
    learn to read next time lol

Ya anyone stupid enough to do a free trial from Funcom should know better as this is the second iteration of them charging people past cancelations...FUNCOM RIPS OFF PEOPLE EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THIS as rr2real points out, they lie in all advertising ....everyone gets a free level 50 if you resub which was another lie there was no fine print they lied.

Funcom lies lies and steals so if you deal with them you should know better.

Also, the game is still crap as many people have pointed out it is one of the worst pay to play MMOs released so why deal with this company that prefers ripping people off and bribing new players rather than make a MMO worth playing? I cuncor darwinism at its finest.

However, after this abortion of a game came out Funcom LOST 33 million so they have not been investing much in this game, not many people play it any more and it yeilds less revenue each quarter so it will likely A) shut down, B) keep going with so little new content only employees will keep playing. Age of Conan has already went the way of the dodo.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

Originally posted by badboybill

Originally posted by finaticd

Ya anyone stupid enough to do a free trial from Funcom should know better as this is the second iteration of them charging people past cancelations...FUNCOM RIPS OFF PEOPLE EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THIS as rr2real points out, they lie in all advertising ....everyone gets a free level 50 if you resub which was another lie there was no fine print they lied.

Funcom lies lies and steals so if you deal with them you should know better.

Also, the game is still crap as many people have pointed out it is one of the worst pay to play MMOs released so why deal with this company that prefers ripping people off and bribing new players rather than make a MMO worth playing? I cuncor darwinism at its finest.

However, after this abortion of a game came out Funcom LOST 33 million so they have not been investing much in this game, not many people play it any more and it yeilds less revenue each quarter so it will likely A) shut down, B) keep going with so little new content only employees will keep playing. Age of Conan has already went the way of the dodo.

Funcom lost 33 million?! Holy shit! Is that true?

www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/ageofconanhyborianadventures/news.html

almost 34 mil but who is counting, watch out for that site as Funcom has plants there.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

I was charged 11.99 $ aswell , even though i didnt take that month for a lower rate .

The way i see it alot of players are getting confused just by the way funcom presented this 2 weeks come back .

Anyways hear me out funcom NEVER AGAIN WILL U GET A PENNY FROM ME ! 

I submitted a customer service request to FC thru their site, and they say they are refunding the 11.99. So its important to check your statements.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Ya know this is not the first post that just a few folks have had problems here im begining to wonder if it is working as intended by these guys. If my hunch is right, it would not surprise me.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Ya know this is not the first post that just a few folks have had problems here im begining to wonder if it is working as intended by these guys. If my hunch is right, it would not surprise me.

I would say working as intended.  I know the fanboi's will say I'm stupid, but considering my intent was very specifically not to sub and just do the trial, yet I somehow ended up subbed, indicates there is a problem.

Also bear in mind, I didn't just get charged, I got subbed. Which meant if I hadn't been suspicious of FC to begin with and made sure to cancel my account and delete my payment info, instead of just letting the trial period expire, I'd have been getting charged every month.

I shouldn't be able to sub to a game where the process started with me clicking a link for a free trial and didn't want to sub. And lets face it, there are a lot of morons out there and FC has decided they are a revenue stream.

• ottejeotteje Member UncommonPosts: 9

In the EU they offered a 14 Day Re-Evaluation Period beginning last month. I activated this Trial Period, there was an extra option just for that without resubbing. My Funcom account had still my credit card details entered, I never had any issues so far with Funcom.

But even I did not resubscribe they charged my credit card with a sum of 17,20€. This amount is strange to begin with, a monthly sub is only 14,94€ including VAT. My account was closed automatically after those 14 days were used up, so I obviously didn't resubscribe.

I wrote to the Account support, still waiting for an answer. I am pretty sure that this will be sorted out, last option would be going through my credit card company if they don't correct that.

Originally posted by otteje

In the EU they offered a 14 Day Re-Evaluation Period beginning last month. I activated this Trial Period, there was an extra option just for that without resubbing. My Funcom account had still my credit card details entered, I never had any issues so far with Funcom.
    But even I did not resubscribe they charged my credit card with a sum of 17,20€. This amount is strange to begin with, a monthly sub is only 14,94€ including VAT. My account was closed automatically after those 14 days were used up, so I obviously didn't resubscribe.
    I wrote to the Account support, still waiting for an answer. I am pretty sure that this will be sorted out, last option would be going through my credit card company if they don't correct that.

As I said, if you signed up for the re-evaluation but didn't subscribe, check your statements.

• ottejeotteje Member UncommonPosts: 9

Well, I wrote already they charged my credit card, and not even the amount a 1 Month subscription would cost.

Right now I am trying to get the money back.

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

the thing is, in normal MMORPGs, you input your subscription and it's automatically redone every month.. right.

if you cancel, then you have to input your card details again when you resubscribe.   with me so far?

Funcom, in their wisdom, keep your card details forever... i was rather surprised at the welcome back period where, indeed my card details were still in their system.... rather shoddy and slightly baffling. (luckily that card had ran out, and i have a new shiny debit card number) but still....

Mythic have also been guilty of doing the same (that's EA for ya)... heh... just the "good" games that don't then... *cough*

wiped that out... don't trust funcom... seems so long since they did anything right *hugs his copy of the longest journey*

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week