Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars to DAoC

dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

I haven't read much about Guild Wars, but I was curious to know how similar it was to DAoC?  I know with DAoC you had Realm vs Realm.. is this something similar to the way GW does PvP?  Or is GW just open PvP where anyone can gank err attack anyone else?

Comments

• afritz0afritz0 Member Posts: 3

I dunno much about the Guild Wars PvP system, but I can tell you that DAoC had or has alot of problems with players using certain programs to find other players during RvR even though most player refuse to admit to the fact that by using this program they are breaking rules or as I like to call it (Cheating).

• cyrdaancyrdaan Member Posts: 60

well never having played DAoC i could not tell u how it compares. what i can tell u is that in guild wars, there are two types of pvp that i know of.

1) arena- people meet up at a big meeting place and get in parties and go to the arena where u fight another team and i think its last team standing, not sure, nevre did the arena while i was on the betas.

2) guild battles - u get together with ur guild and form a party of 8 then challenge another guild and whoever kills the other guild's guild lord, an npc, first wins.

• leyukaleyuka Member Posts: 11

If you read a few the description of the game you can see that this game is a competitive game . PvP is between "team" in arena or special map .
    There is no pk because you can play in pve mission only in team , and team are made by invitation .

• EvilFrogEvilFrog Member Posts: 12

Guildwars- Free to playimage

Daoc- not free to play.