Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

over looked open beta mmorpgs

SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
i would like to say to all you WOW an E2 junkies that just because you paid 50$ for game and got conned into the media hype, that is still isnt right to say all other mmorpgs suck you are all morons yes but ther are better games out ther, so stop being arrogant and corporation followers, ther are good mmorpgs in open beta now, one will probably be free for a long time its called Kal online, very extensive game in itself Tantra online is worth a try Gates to heaven is another but i find it boring, i wish these games would get more attetion but its hard with all you media hype followers chanting WOW and E@ all the time so shut up with those games i have had it hearing about them i have played both and i test mmorpgs for a pt living i think i have a clue what i am talking about they are both weak, very weak, the only decent over advertised mmorpg is FF anyways take it easy and stop following the pack half the people who like these game r 10-13 years old and that is what i think especially blizzard was aiming for with WOW, peace

I am Mulambo 4 life

Comments

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

who ever asked you for your opinion WE dont need it we dont want it

go away image

• ZrazikZrazik Member Posts: 195

My God, it was pain to read that gibberish.

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

to me, there is little difference between that rant and rave, than the rants and raves of the fanbois.

clearly, this site has more people who are interested in EQ2 or WOW, or whatever else then what you are interested in.

instead of coming on here and doing essentially the same thing that the people you disagree with do, maybe you should give us some information about the games you enjoy. some reasons for us to go check them out.

because as it stands, i'd be less inclined to try those games based on the way they were recommended to me.

this isn't a flame, it's merely a suggestion for a better way to peak the interest you want in those games.

honest critiques of games (not fanboi or hater rants) are the best way to get people into a game. give us the real pros and cons of the games, and let the people make the informed decision for themselves.

coming on here and basically saying everyone who disagrees with you is *insert whatever insult here* is NOT an effective way to sway minds. thats exactley what those you are criticizing are doing.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• supraman01supraman01 Member Posts: 80

he made me waste my time reading to find out his point in that useless post..

• JoeyNippsJoeyNipps Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by supraman01

You found a point to all that gibberish?

If all else in life fails you, buy a vowel.

• mandaymanday Member Posts: 291

Im getting really sick of posts like this. Theres a reason these games get so much hype, ever thought of that? Its becuz theyre GOOD. They might not be exactly your playstyle, but theyre excellent games that deserve that much hype. They have content that will last for yrs of gameplay, n as soon as you think you've "done it all", the game will have NEW content.

After getting the best gear on Kal Online, n realizing my pet will *NEVER* hatch, n realizing the COMMUNITY BLOWS (freeloading KSers, even in higher lvl areas), I noticed smth. This game blows. The quests are repetative. N the company whos creating it will nvr be able to afford to make it as gd as other games.

Tantra? Same thing. Lack of content. Theres like wat, 6 maps total? Theres quests, but theyre repetative also. I don feel like Im doing quests for any great reason anymore, except the gear. The lvling? Its irritating. Quests don give a lot of experience, if any at all.

Theyre too much like every other cheesy, low-budget MMO out there.

• Gules_AspenGules_Aspen Member Posts: 273

Ummm...yeah. That vapid waste of time is going to make me rush out and look for a game to play that YOU APPROVE OF!

I see enough illiteracy every day without adding more, thanks. I find it hard to believe you'd be allowed to test anything other than patience with with the communications skills you have.

I think the point was made pretty well by th eprevious post- these games are popular, and charge money, because they're good. Good games cost to play, and get attention. Bad or mediocre games don't- pretty simple, hm?

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

i have already tried some of those games you mentioned and they suck, horribly, especially kal online. also, you might try using punctuation, it helps immensely.

Children In Back Seats Cause Accidents. Accidents In Back Seats Cause Children.

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Wasn't the topic over looked open beta mmorpgs?  Didn't see a thing about that, other then another flame on about something....grins

Cheers

P-4 3.0, 120 HD, BFG Geforce 6800GT OC/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0c and cable ISP 3mb

• DaWormDaWorm Member Posts: 2

the community at Kal Online just blows. If you're a n00b you'll get lost because a lot of people have set shop at the twon and you'll just get disoriented.

As for Tantra, it's an ok game with a good community but the game's economy just got hacked.

• Ravenous33Ravenous33 Member Posts: 10

Hrmmm in a way i agree with you on the corporate followers...shiet i mean wc3 dunt even look all
    that great i only got into wc3 FT cause my friends. and still i dunt even play it that much.
    AND! i still believe that L2 is a great game. (sense no sarcasm).Too many mmorpg gamers follow
    corporate games. they all follow the trend. but i guess every1 has their opinions. oh well. ^_^

::::02::::::33::::::15::

• mandaymanday Member Posts: 291

Originally posted by Ravenous33

they all follow the trend

Its not a trend. Theres new games coming out. Theyre wat you would call "the next generation". This means that they are bigger, badder, n better than the older generations. They are made and imbursed by highly respected developers, backed by highly respected producers. This means they have the budget that every gd MMO needs.

Though these games will *not* be perfect, n eventually, smth new will come out that will be the next "next generation", they are as close to perfect as possible. Money means everything. If you have a huge budget n decent ideas, a good game will be created. If you have a low budget n decent ideas, a crappy clone game will be created. If you have a huge budget n great ideas, an amazing game will be created.

So, if youre gonna choose a game, it should be as close to perfect as possible, shouldnt it? All games get outdated, but the better the game it is, the longer itll keep you playing.

• Ravenous33Ravenous33 Member Posts: 10

i guess but in the end of it all. corporation games or not...to my conclusion. all games will
    be hacked or cheated on. its human nature. and 1 way or another that game will go down.
    like the rest . and another new game gets created great or not great.it too will be hacked into.
    so its a continuous cycle. even if they do make better protection hack guard etc. there will always
    be a better hack. peace. ::::02::::::39::

• webBear1000webBear1000 Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by salenger
    i would like to say to all you WOW an E2 junkies that just because you paid 50$ for game and got conned into the media hype, that is still isnt right to say all other mmorpgs suck you are all morons yes but ther are better games out ther, so stop being arrogant and corporation followers, ther are good mmorpgs in open beta now, one will probably be free for a long time its called Kal online, very extensive game in itself Tantra online is worth a try Gates to heaven is another but i find it boring, i wish these games would get more attetion but its hard with all you media hype followers chanting WOW and E@ all the time so shut up with those games i have had it hearing about them i have played both and i test mmorpgs for a pt living i think i have a clue what i am talking about they are both weak, very weak, the only decent over advertised mmorpg is FF anyways take it easy and stop following the pack half the people who like these game r 10-13 years old and that is what i think especially blizzard was aiming for with WOW, peace

I am Mulambo 4 life

Twat!

----------------------------------
    Don't jump off the roof Dad
    You'll make a hole in the yard

Don't jump off the roof Dad
    You'll make a hole in the yard

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575
    MMORPG's arnt meant to be like cable tv where you switch game every time a new one come out your be doing it forever ive been playin online games since like the early early 90s back when it was just text and i played the old old NWN's and so on i still play the realms.Ya pick one ya enjoy it you stick with it and for the yahoo sayin everyone got conned by wow and hype well you cant get conned when your actually enjoying the game.

• TzaleTzale Member Posts: 143

WOW is perhaps the best MMORPG I've ever played.. So STFU! Those games sucked, I tried them. Why don't you stop calling us a moron, when in reality you're the real moron.

Get a life, creep....

Let people enjoy the games they enjoy... It's our money, NOT your's.

-Tzale

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575
    Ok re read what i had posted maybe your see that i didnt say anythin bad about WoW i was talkin about the dumbbo who created the first post lol.

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

Originally posted by JoeyNipps

Originally posted by supraman01

You found a point to all that gibberish?

I didnt...

What that guy was even talkin about...?

No one here i ever seen says "EQ2 and WoW rules and all other games suck".

? image ?

• tricontricon Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by salenger

I am Mulambo 4 life

As mentioned by jayheld90,

Please use punctuation. It would make reading your post more easily, especially when you are trying to make a statement.

Btw, if people wish to pay $50 for a game, so be it. Its their money to begin with anyway.image 

The Best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.

The Best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.

• StaxicStaxic Member Posts: 145
    kettle corn gets stuck in my teeth.

• TavishTavish Member Posts: 45
    kal online is overlooked cuz it sucks.

Three guys and a girl are marooned on a desert island. After one week, the girl is so ashamed of what she's doing, she kills herself.
    After another week, the guys are so ashamed of what they're doing, they bury her.
    After another week, they're so ashamed of what they're doing, they dig her up again.