Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sanguine Shards

DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

How do you use them in order to get a player in your group to resurrect you?  I had assumed you gave a player one to use on you, but I was wrong.  No-one on the newbie Island knew either.  Thanks in advance!

Comments

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

How do you use them in order to get a player in your group to resurrect you?  I had assumed you gave a player one to use on you, but I was wrong.  No-one on the newbie Island knew either.  Thanks in advance!

You've got it right.  You put the shard on other players and they use it on the Bloodmage (bloodmage only) to resurrect them.  It will resurrect the tombstone or body so whether or not you release doesn't matter.  I'm unsure if there are any level requirements associated with it though.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

I couldn't give one to them - no trade, no sell item - so next time around I'll target one of the group and right-click the item to see if it casts or something.  Thanks for the reply.

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

I couldn't give one to them - no trade, no sell item - so next time around I'll target one of the group and right-click the item to see if it casts or something.  Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that's the issue.  Make them your offensive target and cast the Sanguine Shard spell and it will put the shard in their inventory.  A good practice for a bloodmage is to put one of those on each party member before any adventure or dungeon crawl, as it can be a game saver if the only person left standing, cowering in a corner in a dungeon after a fight gone bad is not a healer class.

Ahhh, the penny drops at last... I cast the Shard spell on THEM - doh!

Yes, being able to give everyone a shard would have saved endless trouble, but none of us knew what to do concerning Shards.

Many thanks!

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Ahhh, the penny drops at last... I cast the Shard spell on THEM - doh!
    Yes, being able to give everyone a shard would have saved endless trouble, but none of us knew what to do concerning Shards.
    Many thanks!

You would get a faster response just asking in /ooc chat channel.  Doesn't the shard have a mouse over description of it's function also?

---
    Ethion

From my first post - "No-one on the newbie Island knew either."

The tooltip says what the Shard does, not how to go about actually doing it.