Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Okay, so I just played the SIMS for the first time in my life

I got bored, left it on and my two charactors died because they didnt know how to buy food and starved.

THIS IS A TAMAGOTCHI !    thats all.... a Tamagotchi................... blah..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamagotchi

Comments

• zchmrkenhoffzchmrkenhoff Member Posts: 2,241

Why play a game simulating suburban life when it's what you're likely living.

Discover the MMORPG fellow MMORPG forum member, it's rather a remarkable experience.

"Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up." - Robert DeNiro

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by zchmrkenhoff

Why play a game simulating suburban life when it's what you're likely living.
    Discover the MMORPG fellow MMORPG forum member, it's rather a remarkable experience.

For the same reason people buy real pets or play games like Tamagotchi, Neopets, or anything similar.  They like managing other people/creatures lives too even if it's simulated.

Of course it's not for everyone.  I find the Sims pretty boring too, but I do admit to having a Tamagotchi growing up.

• muzzingtonmuzzington Member Posts: 12

It's a tad deeper than what you're giving it credit for.

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

When my kids were younger i made them babysit a Tamagotchi i had. The extra i got was Bill Clinton. We had a ball passing it back and forth to each other when we were bored with it. They loved the "unlocked character"...... Neat thing about sims besides the micro managing their lifes.... Is it can be very creative with furniture placing and or yard decorating.

However my favorite simulation type game is Rollercoaster tycoon and the various additions . It is nice having a game that does not involve shoot em up....