Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: The Hatchery

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The team from Earthrise has provided us with another new developer journal, this one focusing on a part of the game known as The Hatchery.

As the Final Wars came to a close, devastation was widespread and humanity on Earth was extinct. A small glimmer of hope to restore the human population lay dormant in the Librarium on Enterra island, but on the surface all other life forms were fighting for their survival. Largely thanks to the human created nano viruses, they went through drastic changes, evolving to survive, and created a fiercely adaptive and hostile ecosystem. As the environment worked to regenerate, another ecosystem had already begun taking on an even more alien form in the vast and deep oceans.

Read about The Hatchery

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

This game is by far the best looking and most promising game in development right now. I can't wait for this to come out!

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Im not buying into anything until the NDA is lifted and folks here post there thoughts. I got burned bad by Funcom's hype.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Has Beta started for this one? I saw the signup still on their homepage and the FAQ lists a 2009 launch.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664
    Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Has Beta started for this one? I saw the signup still on their homepage and the FAQ lists a 2009 launch.

from my understanding there is a beta going on. However there is a strict NDA in affect.

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419
    Originally posted by Khalathwyr

The beta sign-up is still on their page, as your beta-app is for all beta-phases. So if you made an app, then it's possible you get an invite for beta in either a week or in three month or not at all till open beta.

• dimidimidimidimi Member Posts: 1

i'm really looking forward to this game

i've never tried playing sci-fi, but the game looks great