Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: July Newsletter Reveals Wild Hunt Event

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The July Newsletter for Warhammer Online is out; and in it are a number of announcements. These announcements include the earlier reported upcoming Fall release of the WAR Mac client, and finally, full details on the Wild Hunt event, which is to debut later in the summer.

The Wild Hunt event is centered around the Elven tradition to honor the Elven god of the Hunt, Kurnuos, through a sacred hunt. The event will be introduced using a Open RvR public quest, similar to past events. These open RvR PQs will exist only in the High Elf lands, and will be available across all tiers.

In the first stage, players will have to set traps for members of the Wild Hunt that will arrive in the second stage to come after you.

In the second stage, players will have to tackle three hero Master Hunters, while also dealing with the threat of enemy players who are also seeking to do the same. While the chaos ensues, the Spirit of Kurnuos will roam throughout the area, and should he come upon you, he may afflict you with a curse. Once cursed, players will have to pass the curse onto an enemy player, or even an allied player within a few seconds, or they will be transformed into a pig.

In addition to the Public Quest, a new dungeon called "The Hunter's Vale" will be iintroduced. This instanced dungeon will be available in all tiers, and its entrance will exist solely within the RvR lake of the High Elf lands of a particular tier, much like the Public Quests themselves. The dungeon does not require wards, and it will only be available throughout the course of the event. The Hunter's Vale is setup for 6 players, and will pit players against the forest itself in a set of trials. The trials will culminate in a battle against the Spirit of Kurnuous himself, and should you succeed, you'll get your just rewards. Defeating Kurnuous himself will net you a fleet stag mantle, which when equipped will transform you into a stag, allowing you to run at mount speed.

Other rewards for the event include: the title "Wild Hunter", a stag skull trophy, and finally the Bleeding Heart Charm, which will be slotted into a new item slot known as the Event Item Slot. The item will exist in this slot until the next event, and then disappear. Details on the effects of the Bleeding Heart Charm are currently unknown.

Check out the full July Newsletter, here!

Comments

• UnondelUnondel Member Posts: 14

In addition, you get to hunt the rarest of all things in the game, a CSR.  Trust me I've been trying to get someone on their forums, in-game, and on the phone for almost a whole week, over 5 hours total wasted on the phone, and still haven't seen sight of this extremely rare creature.

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385

dang i was just thinking, should i redownload the 10 day trial?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Unondel
    In addition, you get to hunt the rarest of all things in the game, a CSR.  Trust me I've been trying to get someone on their forums, in-game, and on the phone for almost a whole week, over 5 hours total wasted on the phone, and still haven't seen sight of this extremely rare creature.

That's because EA laid em all off a few months ago, don't you remember all the news stories? They went through like 3 or more layoffs. What do you expect?

• LongswdLongswd Member Posts: 155
    Details on the effects of the Bleeding Heart Charm are currently unknown.

It turns you into a leftist liberal tree hugging hippy and imparts an uncontrollable desire to watch Whale Wars.

• UnondelUnondel Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by elocke

Originally posted by Unondel

That's because EA laid em all off a few months ago, don't you remember all the news stories? They went through like 3 or more layoffs. What do you expect?

I had no idea of this, I quit the game due to lag and stuttering back in January and just got a 10 day re-enlistment trial last week, reason I've been looking for a CSR is because I have the exact same issues with the game, same thing happened to 4 other friends who are with me, they played it smart and canceled their accounts again, erased the game and threw away the game, me on the other hand I have tried to get a hold of someone to help me with the game, but I don't think they can fix it or even care enough to fix it, so I already threw away the game, canceled the account, just need to erase the game later on.

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

oh YAY another live event, like Warhammer has't recieved enough of those in it's lifespan...

WTB content, any content, come on content.... i have enough crap in my banks from the live events than i can shake a stick at... it's all mythic do... here's 4 classes, a crappy LoTD pitiful content oh and dozens of useless live events... from brewfest to killing blood witches around cauldrons....

At least in WoW, they only really added the annual events after the engine worked properly ;) mythic - goa - EA = fail.

then again most of Mythics team is either with Bioware or recently UO.... must be a very small staff manning warhammer

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• wizlmtzwizlmtz Member Posts: 20

totally agree...

I must have been high the entire time i played war, because you know, being high makes boring things entertaining. After killing the king I couldnt take it anymore...

all these pointless features they add without fixing whats wrong with the game is like polishing a $hit, theyre just making a larger shiny pile of $hit