Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are all the DDO fanbois now?

toordtoord Member Posts: 139

In a move that has suprised NO ONE, the DDO team has decided to delay the launch of their so-called F2P until September the 9th. They have missed more deadlines in the 2+ years I played that game than any other developer I've heard of. Way to alienate your veteran subscribers, Turbine.

forums.ddo.com/showthread.php

Peace.

Comments

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

If you think a minor delay like this is truely earth shattering news, then you need to get out more.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Delays increase anticipation a buggy release just creates contempt. Releasing something that isnt finished isnt going to attract new players or keep old ones.

• toordtoord Member Posts: 139
    Originally posted by Antipathy

If you think a minor delay like this is truely earth shattering news, then you need to get out more.

Mind you, they informally said they'd be releasing this mod by February (around anniversary). 7 month missed deadline? Minor?

• GaurnGaurn Member Posts: 305

DDO has fanbois?

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661
    Originally posted by toord

Mind you, they informally said they'd be releasing this mod by February (around anniversary). 7 month missed deadline? Minor?

Informal? I don't think you can really hold an informally announced release date against them.

And the delay is only about 5 weeks, get over it. Please, get over it.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818
    Originally posted by ilydamdris

DDO has fanbois?

No kidding=)  Wasn't that game forgotten by 99% of everyone after it launched?

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Oh my god! It's the end of the world and Drizzt isn't here to save us! What do we do!?

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

Originally posted by nickelpat

Informal? I don't think you can really hold an informally announced release date against them.

And the delay is only about 5 weeks, get over it. Please, get over it.

The beauty of it (and perhaps I should make myself clear) is that I only care because I'm fed up with the Fabois of this game (hence the title). They have been vouching for this game and Turbine (and Turbine can do no wrong, of course) in the last few months. This it's just a taste of what life in DDO will be like (no meaningful new content in about 1.5 years, missed deadlines and even with delays release code full of holes many players exploit). Don't beleive me? Ask anyone with 2+ years game experience who has quit the game.

Peace.

Originally posted by Josher

DDO has fanbois?

No kidding=)  Wasn't that game forgotten by 99% of everyone after it launched?

True. But they are harvesting a whole new generation of Fanbois with their upcoming so-called F2P.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by mrcalhou

Oh my god! It's the end of the world and Drizzt isn't here to save us! What do we do!?

Drizzt is busy doing exciting stuff in the Forgotten Realms...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• UsticeUstice Member Posts: 1

The reason you won't see many "fanbois" right now is that even those that support Turbine and DDO are upset about this.  No one likes delays.  At least the beta is extended for that time too.

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788

Go for the eyes Boo go for the eyes...

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

Wait.......DDO has fanbois?

• tanektanek Member UncommonPosts: 63

There was a poll on this site called

"Would you rather see a game release pushed back a year or have the game release with a few bugs that will be fixed?"

The results were just about 60/40 in favor of delay.  And that was asking about a delay of a *year*.  This is a month.  Was it a bad move to make the announcement less than a week before it was supposed to launch?  Of course.  I had been thinking, though, that their schedule was a bit aggressive when they announced August 4/6, so I believe them when they say the delay is to give more time to try for a smooth launch.

If they delay again come September, though, watch out. :)

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

In a move that has suprised NO ONE, the DDO team has decided to delay the launch of their so-called F2P until September the 9th. They have missed more deadlines in the 2+ years I played that game than any other developer I've heard of. Way to alienate your veteran subscribers, Turbine.

Peace.

I geuss you not playing other genre's of pc games?

Just "one" example, today Resident Evil 5 would be released, tll yesterday a friend of mine who works at a gamestore told me excited that the pc version would come tommorow(today), me happy.... yet to find out today it's delayed again till 18th of sept. . I kinda lost count on the delay's on that game. The official release date for Resident Evil 5 was October 1st, 2008.

Also delay's "can" be a positive thing with games, to improve them, I see nothing wrong other then having to wait some time longer, usually I never really count on official release date's as far to often they are not met. And that includes all type of games in all type of genre's.

• kiddyno071kiddyno071 Member Posts: 1,330

DDO has fanbois?

Dropped my pomp-pomps shortly after the last closed beta... yet another game I wanted to like but the playstyle felt too confining, I loved DnD PnP back in the day.  

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Wait.......DDO has fanbois?

I guess they do.

PEACE!!

• qbangy32qbangy32 Member Posts: 681

Peace.

You know it's not the end of the world.

Plus slippage happens in all MMO's, not just DDO.

There are plenty of other F2P MMO's out there while DDO gets it's new business model ready.

• SarrSarr Member UncommonPosts: 466

Peace.

Tell me. How consistent that is. Writing "Where are all the DDO _fanboys_ now", a few hours after this is official. Then writing "Peace".

Do you think anybody is going to lie to him/herself and say that's not just obvious trolling? Heck, I wasn't even home all day, didn't even have time to think about DDO. Yet, you're the first! To whine...

Here's my more detailed response to you on TenTonHammer, where you're "voluntarily spreading the truth about DDO while not even playing in the beta". That is, lacking all necessary knowledge to have opinion about RELAUNCHED D&D Online:

forums.tentonhammer.com/showthread.php

Damn it, that's ridiculous. I think I'll just cease to respond, that's pointless. I really tried to believe in your proclaimed intentions, but they're absolutely different to what you're doing.

Happy vendetta!  I hope you'll not go too far and get banned someday...

Polish Sword Coast Legends Portal http://www.swordcoast.pl/
    SwordCoast.pl Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SwordCoastPL/
    SwordCoast.pl Twitter: https://twitter.com/SwordCoastPL
    Polish Neverwinter Portal http://www.neverwinter.com.pl/
    Polish D&D Online Portal http://www.ddopl.com
    DDOpl Twitter: http://twitter.com/DDOpl
    Great DDO PodCast by Jerry & co. http://www.ddocast.com

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

Looks like Turbine is actually listening to the Beta testers. Guess that makes me a fanboy. I think I will actually just go ahead and sub to DDO until F2P comes out.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• DragonSharkDragonShark Member UncommonPosts: 227

Peace.

Don't know where all the "fanbois" are, but I can tell you where one of the trolls is.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

What a fucking troll.

Well yeah but...........................DDO has fanbois?

• Wind-breakerWind-breaker Member Posts: 23

Yes DDO has fanbois.  And no they are not disappointed by the announcement.  Since they never blame Turbine for anything, they just assume the delay is a good thing.  Kind of sad, really.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Drizzt isn't here to save us!

That's because he's in Forgotten Realms.....