Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how well do you know King Crimson

ThrakkThrakk Member Posts: 1,226

how well do you know King Crimson?

are you excited for whenever they come out with their next studio album? I think it is set for 2010

they've been around since 1969 and still sound great in the 2000's. Just to show that some bands still got it.

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

All I know is they had a pretty good song in that movie Children of Men.

Haven't heard alot of their stuff yet

• ThrakkThrakk Member Posts: 1,226

If you like Tool, or hard rock with technical genius, then I would say try King Crimson - Red (album from '74), and King Crimson's 90's, 00's stuff which is their hard rock, awesome guitar technique stuff.

• squeaky1squeaky1 Member Posts: 172

A better intro to King Crimson for people on this website and gamers in general might be "In The Court of the Crimson King".

An entire expansion for EQ2 (The Court of Al'Afaz) was based on that song.

- How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?

- I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

• ThrakkThrakk Member Posts: 1,226
    Originally posted by squeaky1

A better intro to King Crimson for people on this website and gamers in general might be "In The Court of the Crimson King".
    An entire expansion for EQ2 (The Court of Al'Afaz) was based on that song.

Yeah, that's probably the best album to start with (as it is the first king crimson album and it is great).

BTW, 21st Century Schizoid Man from that album is going to be on Guitar Hero 5.

I was thinking that most mmorpg.com fans liked harder rock, that's why I suggested Red and 90's, 00's stuff.