Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heh Japan sure does have some interesting snacks.

GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694

Sapporo Beer Drops - Japanese candy flavoured with beer.

Next we have Spicy Chicken Pringles.

Shuwa Puccho - A yogurt soft candy chewing gum.

Mini hot cake - Maple Syrup Flavor.

And last but not least, Mayonnaise Potato Pringles

If you want to purchase any of the above items or want to check out more Japanese snacks and other Japanese stuff, check out www.jlist.com/index.html  It's a cool site for all authentic Japanese products.

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

i dont see whats weird about any of them, except for maybe the jacket potato flavour chips, none of them are as weird as the blue berry flavour Lays in china

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

i dont see whats weird about any of them, except for maybe the jacket potato flavour chips, none of them are as weird as the blue berry flavour Lays in china

lol I never really said anywhere that they were weird. More just interesting snacks that I've never really seen in North America.

Blueberry flavored lays? Yuck...lol

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Some things like um, chicken flavored pringles sounds weird; 'til you realize we have pizza flavored pringles and taco flavored doritos. I'm pretty sure we have baked potato with toppings flavored pringles too.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

A friend of mine brought back some snacks from japan a few weeks back.  The best was the bag of shrimp flavored puffs.  There was one that was really odd, it was a large wafer about 4 inches in diameter and the package had a picture of an octopus.  We didnt know what it was, but it smelled just like tropical fish food flakes.  Our guess was that it was something along those lines, with octopus and other fish.  Like a human sized fish food flake.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

The japanese have very creative minds..

• PorfatPorfat Member Posts: 364

But they all come in such small portions.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by Porfat

Thats kind of the point. They are Snacks!!!!

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by HYPERI0N

Originally posted by Porfat

Thats kind of the point. They are Snacks!!!!

Pfft!

I come from the land of the SUPER ULTRA MEGA MASSIVE BIG GULP.

Snacks are meant as full meals. Everybody knows that!

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Try some Pepsi white...pepsi with yogurt...

gaijintonic.com/2008/10/27/yogurt-pepsi/

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas