Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Possible Future Expansions

13»

Comments

• ShilarShilar Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by Rajen

Originally posted by GamerAeon
    As for the Goblins, What more evidence do you need than the 80 Dozen goblins already wandering around Azeroth Plus there's always ONE goblin in each goblin place that mentions the Princes which indicates there's a whole Trade empire elsewhere.
    And for a Neutral Race like the Tuskarr to appease and quest with you'd have the Pandaren on the Isle of Pandaria which according to some Obscure lore is SUPPOSEDLY around to the NW of the Goblins home of Undermine.

Yeah there are also tons of cats/frogs/fish wandering around in the game so your argument fails. You think races like taurens looks down right horrible just take a look at what goblins would look like in gear...please... thats like the old argument that people will be playing as nagas... it would be hideous design

if you don't have a source to your speculation then it holds no water. Goblins have always been the neutral race and 'neutral' npcs. Just because there is a model of somthing that has arms and legs in the game doesn't mean they are going to be playable

I for one want nagas and dryads to be playable. Heck, the world could be crashing down around them, and they'll stand idly by? At least make a third faction.

"Of all the things wrong with today's RPGs, 2D characters on a 3D background is the worst."

• sudsboysudsboy Member Posts: 45

When I found out there were more expansions and level cap increases coming, I cancelled my newly re-upped account once again.  I'll never play another MMO that invalidates a year or more of raiding just so they can push the reset button on their cash cow.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Originally posted by mizrolist
    edit: Xiaoki, Aegwynn wasn't pregnant when she had fought with the Avatar of Sargeras. Medivh was born 1200 years after that fight...
    Ok, checked again and Aegwynn did fight Sargeras well in advance of concieving Medivh but the timeline Ive seen says that the events were seperated by 778 years.
    Only thing I see is that at the time of Medivh's conception Aegywnn had been a Guardian for a little over 1200 years.
    But that nots really important.

On topic - if Goblins or Ogres or whatever become a playable race Blizzard wont use the old model they would make a new one. Then replace all the current old models with the new model. You know, like what they with Blood Elves and High Elves.

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Faelan

Originally posted by JGMIII

two more Expansions and maybe 3 more Hero classes and four races.
    Basically WoW should stop its leveling at 100.
    Something the devs hinted at back in Beta.... Yes I beta tested WoW.

Yes, 100 has been hinted at back in beta from what I can gather... but if the market craves 110 and it looks like there's decent money to be made by fulfilling that demand, do you think they'll just stop at 100 anyway, because that's what they originally intendede back in the days where they had no clue that WoW would become this big?

I mean, this is Blizzard. They're already trying to milk the cash cow as it is, so why not continue if it looks feasible?

Well one of the best parts of WoWs World is it could be expanded apon without increasing level caps.

Once they hit 100 they can easily open the portal worlds in out land, expand on northrend and azeroth (Hyjal and Gilneas).

Once they hit 100 i think they will settle down with xpacs and just release zones and new dungeons and tier content.

Kinda like they did in Vanilla WoW with Silithus and that level 35-40 leveling zone (i forget the name).

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

The problem isn't finding dungeons Lord only knows according to lore there's like a billion blizzard hasn't even remotely touched upon yet and MOST of them ARE IN GAME VISUALLY already

Like in the DEAD center of Stormwind is The Vault it's where they house the REALLY bad criminals like rogue wizards 2 headed ogre magi and the like.

My money though is on Gilneas and Undermine as those two regions opening up would yield a TON of potential

and yeah the Horde would get the freaks again lol

I think I read somewhere in the tower of that guy in Silverpine forest about the people of Gilneas as they look now as they're worgenlike with the fur claws and what not but they retain some of their humanity and the ability to jump clear over the wall.

Undermine opens up the entire Zeppelin route plus there's so many caverns down in the depths so it'd be another MC etc etc place probably.

Or the could go the boosted route and raise the cap again to open the Emerald Dream (they have the gateways)

Prestige Class - Keeper of the Grove (Req. Druid, Shaman)

this would open up more Caverns of Time instances if they do this which would save em in the long run from making monstrous areas.

• djFEVAdjFEVA Member Posts: 48

Having been a former WoW player, I have a shameful confession: I don't know that much about the lore behind the warcraft series. I never played any of the other Warcraft games, and while I tried catching up with the booklet that came with my game, it had too many holes for me to be truly enthralled in the story.

I would like to point out that just because a game has lore, doesn't mean the game is centered around it. Sure you see lore woven into the game via dungeons and names of bosses/NPCs, but how much does that your actions in the game or the action of those AI impact the overall story? I didn't notice that much of a difference.

Most players are so immersed in level grind, rep grind, gear grind, and whatever else "busy work" WoW has thrown at you to compell you to feel like competing, like I was at one point, that I'd go as far as saying who gives a rat's ass about how what we are doing relates to lore. We just want to work towards to next shiny purple loot or horde lots of gold or pk everything in sight during PvP.

Call me outrageous for making that claim, but out of the millions of WoW players (let's just say in NA), I've only a handful of people respond to the lore portion of the thread.

It has been interesting catching up on the deep storyline behind Warcraft. It kind of compells me to visit the actual RPGs in the series

The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567
    Originally posted by djFEVA

Having been a former WoW player, I have a shameful confession: I don't know that much about the lore behind the warcraft series. I never played any of the other Warcraft games, and while I tried catching up with the booklet that came with my game, it had too many holes for me to be truly enthralled in the story.
    I would like to point out that just because a game has lore, doesn't mean the game is centered around it. Sure you see lore woven into the game via dungeons and names of bosses/NPCs, but how much does that your actions in the game or the action of those AI impact the overall story? I didn't notice that much of a difference.
    Most players are so immersed in level grind, rep grind, gear grind, and whatever else "busy work" WoW has thrown at you to compell you to feel like competing, like I was at one point, that I'd go as far as saying who gives a rat's ass about how what we are doing relates to lore. We just want to work towards to next shiny purple loot or horde lots of gold or pk everything in sight during PvP.
    Call me outrageous for making that claim, but out of the millions of WoW players (let's just say in NA), I've only a handful of people respond to the lore portion of the thread.
    It has been interesting catching up on the deep storyline behind Warcraft. It kind of compells me to visit the actual RPGs in the series

RTSs there were NO RPGs even though they HAD planned for one at one time but cancelled it.

3/4 of the lore is in the Books and that crazy board game.

The other 1/4 is the RTS Titles.