Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US intentionally poisoning the rest of the world

Comments

• UnondelUnondel Member Posts: 14

I propose a new topic, "Chinese farts poisoning our Earth"

Estimating the Chinese population at 1,330,044,544 people, based on statistical growth.

It is known that humans fart about 1/2 liter of gas per day, of which 10% is methane, using these numbers we can say that China creates 242,733,129,280 liters of farts per year.  Which roughly translates to 85,720,396 tonnes/tons of fart per year, of which 10% (8,572,039 tonnes/tons) is methane which is being shot straight into our atmosphere.  In the long run I believe this is important and should be dealt with somehow if we're to help our Earth.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

This thread is....odd.  If the other countries are willing to take the stuff for a charge, how is the US or Canada responsible?

• WOWthatsucksWOWthatsucks Member Posts: 164

E-waste crits newbs for (2000).......I sat on my &^*%^ thr other day hurt like hell... oh wait this is mmorpg.com you probly dotn care about stuff that doesnt relate to mmo's....

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293
    Originally posted by haggus71

Pyrostasis, they run bulls in Pamplona, SPAIN, not Italy.  They don't even bullfight in Italy.  Read more.
    OP: the United Arab Emirates make their money from recycling precious metals and reselling them.  A lot of this is from the e-waste you are talking about.  You want to cut out their economy?  Good job.  Most of those in India and China that practice this do it in better facilities than "over a campfire", because doing it the way you say is inefficient.  Don't you think that they want to get as much as they can out of this process?
    Oh, Europe can talk a talk, but last I heard, they have over 350 million people.  A lot of computer and electronics owners, eh?  Quit seeking out one bogey man, and realize that it's something being done in all nations.

Read more about bullfighting? Come on now. Sorry I got the country wrong, but you got the idea. You are interested in what you are interested in.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Well at least our current President will apologize for it.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Hey, we've got quite a few 'tonnes' of spent nuclear fuel rods that we've got no idea what to do with, think we can sell them too?

Australia has debated taking on nuclear waste. If we did we would make good money from this trade. Many voters don't want to do it for obvious reasons, which is why the issue has been put on the back burner. My point is countries take other countries waste to make money and it is up to the citizens of said country to protect their own environments. Blaming the US for all of the worlds problems offends me not because I think they are great, but because such a stance only frees corrupt governments from responsibility.

• DemonshankDemonshank Member Posts: 91

Look everyone, all you need to do is briefly look at the post history from this Bhug(parasite is more like it).

This person traffics in hate. She suffers from eternal blame syndrome. This is exactly the same as Sanya Weathers has shown. These two only want to spread hate america propaganda. It is unacceptable!

They have to carry the torch for every wrong, mistake, or any social injustice that the United States has ever had.  I think this poster should be looked at hard by the moderators. This shit is sick and doesnt belong here.

We get it kook. Wanna attack the greatest country on earth? Pack your bags, im sure there are some other more righteous nations that will take you. You're lucky you live in the US madam, cause alot of other countries would show you how they like slander.

The framing of this story is pathetic and it doesnt belong here in any form. If I want that type of smeared hit piece ill go to your hangouts.

Choose whatever hateamerica.com website out there and you'll find this person yucking it up with the fringe haters. You're no better than the lowest of groups.

You're dangerous miss, and obviously have an axe to grind.

Im calling you out moderators! Shut this kinda stuff down. Its not news. Its not appropriate, at all. Shut it down! Your site is being damaged by this nonsense. You want to warn me, ban me, fine. If it gets attention to this repugnant hate pushing, than so be it. Ill take one for the community here and preserve the appropriate use of this site. We do not come here to discuss hate!

• EnterTheWombatEnterTheWombat Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by LiquidWolf

After that... whatever happens over there, whoever chooses to do work, in whatever conditions... isn't anything someone else should deal with.

What happens in India, stays in India! AMIRITE! /High 5!

Nice troll OP, just enough credible information to cover up your outlandish title and point of your post.

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

The whole post is so flawed as to be beyond a joke, no research has been done at all....All western style countries are exporting their garbage out, some are claiming officialy they dont but in the case of German and France this has been recently found to be very untrue, Britain has been doing it for decades even though there is guide lines againest some of it in the EU, but allot of people just think F##k the EU rules as they are mostly mad, like renaming sauages and cant have overly curved bananas.

But as a bit of a researching for a laugh, in response to 'The greatest nation' comments...The world wide poll for the best cities and countries to live in.....Countries the USA came 34rd due to lack of health care, social and economic reasons and safety.Not one US city made it in the top 20. The best country to live in was Costa Rica, with Canada and Australia in the top 5 for both cities and countries to live in....

If you set yourself apart, you just set yourself up as a target, world has moved on the old cold war bench marks no longer apply, deal with it and grow, or stagnate and wither. Even Russia has learnt that and has rebranded itself, admitly kinda rebranded itself as a dictatorship with nicer suits, but the thought was there.

• Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576

I don't think anyone important cares.

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Originally posted by Demonshank

Look everyone, all you need to do is briefly look at the post history from this Bhug(parasite is more like it).

This person traffics in hate. She suffers from eternal blame syndrome. This is exactly the same as Sanya Weathers has shown. These two only want to spread hate america propaganda. It is unacceptable!

They have to carry the torch for every wrong, mistake, or any social injustice that the United States has ever had.  I think this poster should be looked at hard by the moderators. This shit is sick and doesnt belong here.

We get it kook. Wanna attack the greatest country on earth? Pack your bags, im sure there are some other more righteous nations that will take you. You're lucky you live in the US madam, cause alot of other countries would show you how they like slander.

The framing of this story is pathetic and it doesnt belong here in any form. If I want that type of smeared hit piece ill go to your hangouts.
    Choose whatever hateamerica.com website out there and you'll find this person yucking it up with the fringe haters. You're no better than the lowest of groups.

Im calling you out moderators! Shut this kinda stuff down. Its not news. Its not appropriate, at all. Shut it down! Your site is being damaged by this nonsense. You want to warn me, ban me, fine. If it gets attention to this repugnant hate pushing, than so be it. Ill take one for the community here and preserve the appropriate use of this site. We do not come here to discuss hate!

QFT

Wouldn't shutting down free speach be anti-America? Get out of my country you commie.

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Well, he is right though, except for the fact that he emphasizes on the US. All western countries do this and not just with electical appliances. But also with oil tankers for example. If you didnt know about this, then you are maybe a bit ignorant. Large companies always try to bend rules or just go to a country that doesnt have the rules lol. Its just how business works.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Its rather strange that this universal passive attitude to what happens in other coutries is there business doesn't seem to apply to things that are of no benefit. Where's this sentiment when it comes to invading other countries under the banner of 'liberation'? It's not so cut and dry I'm afraid, if you're going to police the world and force your ways on them then you can't pick and choose which bits else it just looks a tad hypocritical.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by Kyleran

Hey, we've got quite a few 'tonnes' of spent nuclear fuel rods that we've got no idea what to do with, think we can sell them too?

No we actually recycle those into medical uses, industrial radiation sources, reactor fuel, and weapons of mass destruction. It's quite economical. The leftover shit just sits in a warehouse and decays harmlessly, forever.

No, I don't think so.  A quick Google search will find many sites like this one that describe the challenges of high level waste and what to do with it.  Harmless doesn't seem to be the words they use to describe it.

library.thinkquest.org/3471/nuclear_waste_body.html

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BioNutBioNut Member Posts: 414

Why not just say moveon.org and get it over with :D.

ps. I am a libertarian.

Playing: Tera, BF3, ME3

Waiting on: Guild Wars 2

Originally posted by BioNut

ps. I am a libertarian.

woops my bad thought libertarian was democratic and I was goin flame you.

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

Originally posted by Cyborg99

ps. I am a libertarian.

Oh so your the reason why my taxes are so high. Thanks

Uhh I think you have libertarian mixed up with liberal.

Liberal = loves government and wants to grow it

Libertarian = this we should be a coalition of states with a limited central government that pretty much just controls the military

ps. I am a libertarian.

Libertarian = this we should be a coalition of states with a limited central government that pretty much just controls the military

Yea srry Im dum.

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

ps. I am a libertarian.

Yea srry Im dum.

Haha, not dumb, just an honest mistake. Its good to know you are not a liberal, we need more conservative gamers.

• KozomKozom Member Posts: 121

Just another sign of the ongoing exploitation of third and under development countries by the so called developed ones. Whats new? 

• horseraddishinfinityhorseraddishinfinity Member Posts: 32

can these old computers play wow or diablo 2?? if so...good luck to all the poor people and their gold farming endeavors, i hope you ninja all the loots so you can buy your family some food stuffs and bling.

• blooblobblooblob Member Posts: 134

ps. I am a libertarian.

Yea srry Im dum.

Haha, not dumb, just an honest mistake. Its good to know you are not a liberal, we need more conservative gamers.

I think we just found a genius. You sir need to be the next president! (after this Obama person is done ruining America)

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Originally posted by bhug

E-waste: disposed of outdated and expensive to repair electronic products. (e.g. TVs, printers, laptops, computer monitors, MP3 players...)

These electronic products contain toxic substances like lead, mercury, cadmium and flame retardants. When improperly handled, workers and the environment are harmed in ways the US chooses to ignore.
    Greater than 50% of e-waste generated in the US and Canada is being sent to India, China and Africa; because it costs a fraction to 'dispose' of it there than properly at home.

Besides there, adults and children make money 'backyard recycling' scrap electronic products. Unprotected workers heat the e-waste over open fires to remove reusable components, soaking what is left in acid baths to extract reclaimable metals. In the process those 'backyard recyclers' are exposed to a variety of toxic substances. Toxic residuals from the process are also polluting local water, soil and the air.
    Backyard recycling is such a widespread practice in India that Dr. Thuppil Venkaratesh, advisor to the National Referral Center for Lead Poisoning in India, reports 53% of the children under 12 (in Bangalore, India) have elevated lead levels in their blood, which is resulting in brain damage and is restricting their ability to learn.
    The majority of western countries (with the exception of the US and Canada) have enacted rules to prevent the improper disposal of e-waste and support the ineffective international treaty (the Basel Convention) that bans trans-border shipments. (e.g. often european e-waste is exported under the guise of being 'reusable gifts')

Deeply sad, harrowing reality of lies and deceit at the top level of government. Just as sad, is the delinquent defence of this system/process in this forum.

wtf is this world coming too, we are bunch of thoughtless, self indulgent, ingnorant, retarded, arseholes.

Originally posted by blooblob

ps. I am a libertarian.

Yea srry Im dum.

I think we just found a genius. You sir need to be the next president! (after this Obama person is done ruining America)

I am only 25. I think that counts me out for running in 2012 :D . Plus I want to ACTUALLY make a difference in the world so I am getting into game design not politics. 

Tells you what I think of politicians (from both sides of the isle).