Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me! Wow calls me back!!

2»

Comments

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by Erstok

Heres how you beat WoW aka never play it again  You go outside.  That don't work get off your computer.

Funny... because going outside is exactly what makes me want to get back in and fire up the old computer for some action... even if it's just to surf the net for a while before firing up some single player game or MMO.

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• oskironmaideoskironmaide Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by Erstok

Heres how you beat WoW aka never play it again  You go outside.  That don't work get off your computer.

I went out but.. meh.. everything costs me real money.. i cant get no were walking, and gas prices.. and meh is hot too.

If you watch The Karate Kid backwards it's about this karate champ that just kinda slowly becomes a pussy and ends up moving back to Jersey

• LogothXLogothX Member Posts: 245

Step 1 - Go to Xfire

Step 2 - Watch people Arena

Step 3 - Cured

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    Originally posted by oskironmaide

You are all very funny haha for sure you all made my day...
    God. i guess everyone is right, the longer i hold the harder it will become. Resistance is futile..
    Back to wow i am :P, ill re active my account when i get home.

Still i do it very very scared lol.

And the wow marketing machine has caught another one.

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

I'm sure more people here have been or are in a similar situation as the OP but wouldn't want to admit it.  I know that I have been in the cycle before.

Here's what I did OP since your asking for help.

Step 1:  Delete all gear

Step 2: Unlearn your trade skills.

Step 3: Send all of your gold to some random person, this step is important don't give it to a friend or guild bank.

Step 4: Delete all of your toons

Step 5: Uninstall game

Step 6: Throw box and all cd's away

This 6 step process will work for most folks, but for those really addicted other steps need to be taken.

You will get the urge to play again, you then will use the downloader to install the game and then send in a ticket to get your toons back w/out gold and trade skills but possibly with some of your gear, hopefully not though this will make the next transition faster.

At this point you will find after 2 or 3 weeks of playing that it's really not worth it anymore, how much time you have to put in just to get back to a fraction of what you had, you must then repeat the 6 step process.

You may come back a 2nd or 3rd time, but if you repeat the process you will whin yourself and win!

i know you can do it, millions already have!

• EbenEben Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 522

^^ Exactly what I did just yesterday, as a matter of fact.  ^^

All except for the tradeskills thing, which I didn't think of doing.  I did go the extra step of changing my account password to something randomly generated, changing the account email to a temp gmail account, confirming the changes on the temp email account, then closing that email account...effectively locking me out of that battlenet account.  So to start playing again, I'd have to buy the game and all expansions again.

3.2 sounds swell, until you realize it's just more cheese to keep you happily chugging away on that treadmill.  I have a job that pays me...paying money to play a game that's more like a job than anything else...yeah...no.

Now I gotta see if I can go find a case of Mountain Dew without Thrall staring at me...

Katsma is Lithuanian for 'he who drinks used douche fluid'.

• supbrosupbro Member Posts: 327

* Preorder Aion

* wait for the 20 sept

* install Aion

Profit?

GW2 the future of MMO gaming

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by supbro

* Preorder Aion
    * wait for the 20 sept
    * install Aion
    Profit?

* wait for the 21 sept

* uninstall Aion

* beat yaself with a stick for being so dumb for following the Aion bandwangon

* cry a little

• AKABoondockAKABoondock Member Posts: 62

IN THE NAME OF GOD DONT DO IT! Ive been wow free for 2 years its been great dinkin around with other games. Preorder Aion and play that it comes out soon! Wow blows!

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

I wont be jumping into another mmo without first play testing it. Too many shitty release's have happened thesedays for me to even trust purchasing a game without taking a playtest 1st. Several games i have purchased that should never have been released at all.

Currently playing Lotro, have enabled the 2 week trial for AoC and have WoW to fall back on. Aion hmm korean game isnt it, which means very bad english translations, buggy (but most games are thesedays), and very exploitable. Did i mention the very bad english translations? much like every asian/korean game though this one has to be bought and has a monthly fee (was told it didnt) but the main website says it does, so it does. Prolly have an item mall too = too expensive anyways as you will be forced to buy from the item mall, like you are in every game thats free, when that point is reached i usually leave anyways, mainly due to boredom.

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640
    Originally posted by Eben

^^ Exactly what I did just yesterday, as a matter of fact.  ^^
    All except for the tradeskills thing, which I didn't think of doing.  I did go the extra step of changing my account password to something randomly generated, changing the account email to a temp gmail account, confirming the changes on the temp email account, then closing that email account...effectively locking me out of that battlenet account.  So to start playing again, I'd have to buy the game and all expansions again.
      3.2 sounds swell, until you realize it's just more cheese to keep you happily chugging away on that treadmill.  I have a job that pays me...paying money to play a game that's more like a job than anything else...yeah...no.
    Now I gotta see if I can go find a case of Mountain Dew without Thrall staring at me...

Nice, I might try and do this as well.  Do you know whether or not your account has to be active to do this or can you do it while frozen?

• AKABoondockAKABoondock Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Manestream

I wont be jumping into another mmo without first play testing it. Too many shitty release's have happened thesedays for me to even trust purchasing a game without taking a playtest 1st. Several games i have purchased that should never have been released at all.
    Currently playing Lotro, have enabled the 2 week trial for AoC and have WoW to fall back on. Aion hmm korean game isnt it, which means very bad english translations, buggy (but most games are thesedays), and very exploitable. Did i mention the very bad english translations? much like every asian/korean game though this one has to be bought and has a monthly fee (was told it didnt) but the main website says it does, so it does. Prolly have an item mall too = too expensive anyways as you will be forced to buy from the item mall, like you are in every game thats free, when that point is reached i usually leave anyways, mainly due to boredom.

What an incredible amount of speculation about Aion you put forth there. Too bad you are dead wrong about all of it. The translations are probably the only thing you mentioned that might be close to true, but after playing the beta to lvl 20, I didnt notice any horrendous errors. Havent seen or heard of any major exploits...and....item mall? Are you kidding? Youd think the fact that you are on this forum would be enough for us to assume you have looked into it at all...but i guess not. Seems you are going around badmouthing a game you havent researched one bit.

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390

Nah, deleting toons, cancelling accounts, uninstalling the game doesn't work for me. Tried it twice, goddamn kind and helpful GMs even sent me an email when they restored my toons.  For me to leave WoW for good it would have to be done naturally - like Blizz shutting down servers :)

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" - story of my encounter with WoW

Ok i went back to wow... reactivated for free since i had one account that had the trail for wotlk. Played around for about 3 hours, it looks really nice on my new pc on maxed settings. Still aion looks better XD

I preordered the special edition of Aion on gamestop so im just waiting for it.

Seems like all i enjoy from wow is the pvp.. and all the cool mods i found around the web...but thats all. not into burning my self questiong.. and seems like i can get my pvp fix by playing some left 4 dead or team fortress 2 :D so im good.. playing for 3 hours cured my wow fix.

If you watch The Karate Kid backwards it's about this karate champ that just kinda slowly becomes a pussy and ends up moving back to Jersey

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Just say no!

• Dani-ADDani-AD Member Posts: 23

Bless you brother. I am glad for your sake.

I dont want to start some controversy.

But those 3 hours playing wow made me think alot about the mmo state.

I have to admit wow is one of the most (is not the most) polished mmo out there, i mean i played most mmos, and i feel wow has gone trough some amazing improvements.. this is for sure due to the high ammount of players giving good money to blizzard to improve such an amazing game. Wow is an awesome addicting game, i never had so much fun questing solo as i did 70-80 when wotlk came out.,

But so is Aion.. sure it doesnt have as many things as wow does now.. but i played wow when it came out, the first day and it didnt had as many thing as today, so im sure Aion as many other mmos do (if people pay for them xD) will evole.. and is something new with no social presure for me lol

If only ffxIV came out tomorrow... if only.... we can always dream right

• haratuharatu Member UncommonPosts: 409

When I left WoW i gave away my account to friend so that I would not be tempted to return. Now he occasionally tells me things from the game, but I just switch off and let him drone on... and on... and on... 

Originally posted by Zorndorf

OP: the biggest calls of WOW are always 2 to 3 months after another "WOW killer" has been launched.
    That's not an opinion, that's a fact. So you OPost was clearly a clever troll post promoting X (fill in) the game I have been waiting for ...

Lol yeah you got me there.. i made this thread to promote aion because im a clever troll that goes around forums to promote games :D Great analysis.. you are so smart...

So smart i didnt felt like ready everything you read after because im 100% sure is the same waste of time crap you just wrote

Clever troll

Originally posted by oskironmaide

OP: the biggest calls of WOW are always 2 to 3 months after another "WOW killer" has been launched.
    That's not an opinion, that's a fact. So you OPost was clearly a clever troll post promoting X (fill in) the game I have been waiting for ...

Lol yeah you got me there.. i made this thread to promote aion because im a clever troll that goes around forums to promote games :D Great analysis.. you are so smart...

So smart i didnt felt like ready everything you read after because im 100% sure is the same waste of time crap you just wrote

Clever troll

The first time you don't mention Aion in your posts has to come yet.... It shows I was right on spot. And upping the "positive" lure thread was a standard known move in these Wow forums.

:) I know these forums inside out these days.

Get over it: in December you will be killing Arthas (like everyone else) instead of playing the newest Korean copy with winged people.

3 hours playing time /// my ass.

In december ill be playing some modern warfare 2 :D and believe me , i have better things to do than making threads around mmorpg.com to promote AION..

I dont need people playing the same mmo that i do to feel good about myself  :).

I am playing fat princess now, is pretty sweet, it has a nice pvp feel from battlegrounds.. Go Buy It!!!

Subliminal messages are not my thing, i say things straight up.

• OthobOthob Member UncommonPosts: 34

I played for 2 days on the free trial back in 07'.... didnt intrest me. Is there something wrong with me or am I one of the lucky ones???

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

wowdetox.com/

This may help you and others that need to get away from WoW.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• KozomKozom Member Posts: 121

I had 213 days game time when i quit. It happened when there was nothing else to do. Game is not what it used to be so even if you go back how long will it last a week or two at best.