Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now, Why tell me we need cap and trade after this?

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I knew it all along.  Global warming is a scare and an agenda to control us.

Nature not man responsible for recent global warming

We are being snowed into believing we are the cause. 

Comments

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by outfctrl

I have no idea why everytime you post, the vibe that comes through makes me think of this pic someone had in a thread of the different types of internet posters.

Even if that link WAS true, which I doubt seriously (plenty of other science disproves that one), what conspiratorial "cause" and "agenda" are we "being snowed" into exactly?

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by popinjay

I have no idea why everytime you post, the vibe that comes through makes me think of this pic someone had in a thread of the different types of internet posters.

Even if that link WAS true, which I doubt seriously (plenty of other science disproves that one), what conspiratorial "cause" and "agenda" are we "being snowed" into exactly?

When you see your electric bill rise and gas prices shoot through the roof, you will see.  Then you have the government telling what kind of car to buy, what color your roof should be and when you have to go to the bathroom, maybe then you will see.

Oh, and how come when I see one of your posts, it  makes me think of this pic:

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I don't think such an expensive and restrictive legislation should be passed based on an unproven theory. I have said it before, Global Warming has had all its "evidence" disproven when applied to a real world scenario.  Currently only 1 company will profit from cap and trade.  The Chicago Carbon Exchange.

Originally posted by Cleffy

I don't think such an expensive and restrictive legislation should be passed based on an unproven theory. I have said it before, Global Warming has had all its "evidence" disproven when applied to a real world scenario.  Currently only 1 company will profit from cap and trade.  The Chicago Carbon Exchange.

That's what I cant understand?  Is Washington that stupid?  Pushing this on us based on a theory?  For Gods sake, prove it scientifically before you tax us.

When you see your electric bill rise and gas prices shoot through the roof, you will see.  Then you have the government telling what kind of car to buy, what color your roof should be and when you have to go to the bathroom, maybe then you will see.
    Oh, and how come when I see one of your posts, it  makes me think of this pic:

When people in California saw their electric bills shoot through the roof, it was a vast conspiracy. It was ENRON, a huge, capitalistic corporate giant who didn't believe in global warming. Are you saying corporations are behind the "global warming" scare?

The government already tells you what kind of car you can't drive. For instance, in Romania, the government says you can drive this car all day long:

but in the United States you can't. What's the big deal? If you want to drive what you want, go there.

Homeowner associations backed by local governments already dicate what you can and can't do with your own house:

What's the big deal? Go to India if the U.S. is too restrictive. Then you can live anyway you like:

Your bathroom comment fits that internet profile above again. It's really weird you thinking the government controls your bladder.

"Global warming is caused by nature and part of some big global plot."Okkkkkkay.

Originally posted by Cleffy I don't think such an expensive and restrictive legislation should be passed based on an unproven theory. I have said it before, Global Warming has had all its "evidence" disproven when applied to a real world scenario.  Currently only 1 company will profit from cap and trade.  The Chicago Carbon Exchange.
    That's what I cant understand?  Is Washington that stupid?  Pushing this on us based on a theory?  For Gods sake, prove it scientifically before you tax us.

The experts estimated that the Colorado River system, which feeds Lake Mead and Lake Powell, is seeing a net deficit of nearly 1 million acre-feet of water per year — an amount that can supply some 8 million people.

Dry Lake Mead? 50-50 chance by 2021 seen
    Study cites warming, water use and growing Colorado River deficit

This view of Lake Mead was taken last July 26, during the seventh straight year of drought that had caused the lake to drop more than 100 feet to its lowest level since the late 1960s.

Man affects nature by progress. In return, nature produces less and less sustainable environments. Any legislation that helps slow warming and other adverse nature effects are welcome.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

Here here!

I want the petroleum, nuclear, and automobile industries (along with conservative policy advocates) telling me what's best for the environment!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFACT

Funding

A large proportion of CFACT’s funding comes from corporations in the energy and automobile industries, as well as conservative foundations. Its financial backers include The Exxon Mobil Corporation, The Chevron Corporation, The DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund, The U.S. Council on Energy Awareness, The Carthage Foundation, and The Sarah Scaife Foundation.

• Exxon Mobil = petroleum industry

• Chevron = petroleum industry

• DaimlerChrysler = automobile industry

• U.S. Council on Energy Awareness = nuclear power industry

• Carthage Foundation = conservative policy advocates

• Scaiffe Foundation = conservative policy advocates

Richard Mellon Scaiffe.

Richard Mellon Scaife (born July 3, 1932) is an American billionaire and newspaper publisher.

Scaife owns and publishes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. With $1.2 billion, Scaife, a principal heir to the Mellon banking, oil, and aluminum fortune, is No. 283 on the 2005 Forbes 400.

Scaife is particularly well known for his financial support of conservative public policy organizations over the past two decades. Scaife has provided support for conservative and libertarian causes in the U.S., mostly through the private, nonprofit foundations he controls: the Sarah Scaife Foundation, Carthage Foundation, and Allegheny Foundation, and until 2001 the Scaife Family Foundation, now controlled by his daughter Jennie and son David. Scaife also helped fund the Arkansas Project, which ultimately led to the impeachment proceedings of President Bill Clinton.

Al Gore: "You can’t make someone understand something when earning their paycheck depends on not understanding it."

EDIT: In case someone was wondering why I posted this, it comes from the OP's link.

CLIMATE DEPOT A project of CFACT

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Nobody can control you......you are outfctrl.

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150

It's hard to believe that man-made global warming is a lie when the people "disproving" it are the same people who "disprove" actual science with the Bible.

Let's give credit where's it's due, to President Bush, for being just about the only leader in the western world to do the right thing and stonewall the efforts of the global warming hysterics.

If President Bush had given in to the enormous pressure on him to sign the Kyoto Agreement the world would be a much much worse place. Just another reason he will be highly regarded in years to come.

The Cap and Trade, anti-capitalism, risky scheme will cost American jobs. Many companies will merely move their operations offshore, to China and India. Those that stay behind will have to lay off workers to support the carbon taxes they will be mandated to pay, which will go back to the government to pay for welfare and unemployment benefits for the same people who had jobs before cap and trade.

American businesses have already, and will continue to reduce their emissions on their own, because it is good business. We don't need more government intervention and additional taxes.

Putting additional burdens on American businesses, while the Chinese and Indians thumb their noses at us makes no sense at all. In fact, it is insane.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Sabiancym

It's hard to believe that man-made global warming is a lie when the people "disproving" it are the same people who "disprove" actual science with the Bible.

Proof?

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Proof?

Proof of what?  That I believe in one set of arguments over another?

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

The experts estimated that the Colorado River system, which feeds Lake Mead and Lake Powell, is seeing a net deficit of nearly 1 million acre-feet of water per year — an amount that can supply some 8 million people.

Dry Lake Mead? 50-50 chance by 2021 seen

Study cites warming, water use and growing Colorado River deficit

This view of Lake Mead was taken last July 26, during the seventh straight year of drought that had caused the lake to drop more than 100 feet to its lowest level since the late 1960s.

Man affects nature by progress. In return, nature produces less and less sustainable environments. Any legislation that helps slow warming and other adverse nature effects are welcome.

Um, that is caused by people using too much water. Over where I live there is military institution, either a base or research facility, that has all but completely drained a huge and historic lake. It looks like that picture.

Global warming as we know it is a fabricated pop-culture event. I wouldn't know if it was actually real for the massive corporate move onto the scene. Many industries from hybrid makers to wal-mart are in on it, it provides cover for huge profit margins based on on gimmicky BS such as hybrid cars. This global-warming movement is based on LIES and needs to be taken down. If GW is real, it will rise from the ashes and be legitimised. But it needs to be seperated from this.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756

But it's treason if the other side isn't the only one benefiting.

There aren't tubular technicians, small businesses, etc. but only Wall street execs.

*sarcasm ended*

"I mean, you know, there's public records on this. This has been in Bloomberg. Bloomberg has dug up SEC records where Al Gore has taken $35 million of his own money, money that he has made over the last few years from, you know, Inconvenient Truth and his lectures. You know, he gets paid $175,000 per talk. He has also, you know, on the Google board and Apple board has all this money invested in all these climate related projects and, you know, we're to believe that, you know, all this money is then going to go back into lobbying for something that could happen this year."

"Goldman owns a 10% stake in the Chicago Climate Exchange, where the 'cap-and-trade' deals will be made, and stands to vacuum up money. Also, Goldman employees gave President Obama's campaign more than $1 million. Guess who else is invested in 'cap and trade?' Al Gore founded a company that will profit big time if the 'cap and trade' deal becomes law. Since Al Gore launched his global warming crusade, his net worth has increased 5,000% to more than $100 million."

Instead of practicing what they preach they'd rather pass that on to others.

We need an economy first. (more than a month for me to believe a recovery)

Besides competition between alternative energy and existing would develop when alternative is ready in taking/sharing the same load as existing handles.

On a side note this is ironic.

Sludge in the Garden

"Who to blame? While dumping sewage into the ground sounds like a crime worthy of Mr. Burns from "The Simpsons," the actual perpetrators were none other than the Clintons."

They know best though.  Right?  Ha! Ha!

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Yup, nothing but a leftist end-time scare to gain power and loot from the people. No different than the way some fundamentalist Christians use end-time scare tactics to get people to come to Jesus.

Same stuff, different religion.

Prove it.

Greenland

Polar Ice Cap

Greenland

Polar Ice Cap

Still doesn't look like the greenland of old. The one that was named Greenland. Still looks like mostly an iceland to me.

Yup, which shows how solar activity warmed the earth, until it turned around; as it has been doing for a very, very long time. It's still not as long as warming periods in the past, when we had nothing like the industry we have today.

Those global warming periods in general served to increase agriculture, brought about ages pf plenty. Global warming is natural and it has been mostly good. Global cooling is also natural and is not so good. We tend to do better when the earth is warmer. So does life in general, obviously.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Posted by Thomas November 18, 08 05:02 PM

Let's give credit where's it's due, to President Bush, for being just about the only leader in the western world to do the right thing and stonewall the efforts of the global warming hysterics.If President Bush had given in to the enormous pressure on him to sign the Kyoto Agreement the world would be a much much worse place. Just another reason he will be highly regarded in years to come.
    Posted by JDOG November 18, 08 05:47 PM

The Cap and Trade, anti-capitalism, risky scheme will cost American jobs. Many companies will merely move their operations offshore, to China and India. Those that stay behind will have to lay off workers to support the carbon taxes they will be mandated to pay, which will go back to the government to pay for welfare and unemployment benefits for the same people who had jobs before cap and trade.
    American businesses have already, and will continue to reduce their emissions on their own, because it is good business. We don't need more government intervention and additional taxes.
    Putting additional burdens on American businesses, while the Chinese and Indians thumb their noses at us makes no sense at all. In fact, it is insane.

www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/11/obama_addresses_5.html

Might want to start giving some credit where its due. Not a sermon, just a thought.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Proof?

They said the World was Flat...ROFL>>>

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

The Polar Ice Caps are NOT Shrinking.

Glaciers and ice caps

Louisiana is always miserable and one such crown of misery of humidity. I think I would've surely felt if the percieved "evil man" had effected my native state.

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

This is just an example of what Exxon gets for their money. There are many more interests at stake here than just a single petroleum based company.

www.historycommons.org/context.jsp

Excerpt (there's much more in the link):

The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) sends letters to scientists and economists offering to pay them $10,000 each for 500- to 10,000- word essays that provide a “policy critique” of the next report from the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), due early next year (see February 2, 2007). The institute, which has received more than $1.6 million in contributions from ExxonMobil (see Between 1998 and 2005), also offers additional payments and travel expense reimbursement.

The letters, written by Kenneth Green and Steven Hayward, accuse the UN panel of being “resistant to reasonable criticism and dissent and prone to summary conclusions that are poorly supported by the analytical work.” It asks for articles that “thoughtfully explore the limitations of climate model outputs.” The letters set a December 15 deadline for the papers, but responses from recipient scientists prompt AEI to cancel the project. The institute had hoped to time the release of the scientists’ essays to coincide with that of the IPCC report. David Viner of the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia describes the AIE effort as a “desperate attempt by an organization who wants to distort science for their own political aims.”

They can't find enough reputable scientists to refute climate change even if they try to pay them $10,000.

Those damn sneaky scientists, with their principles and integrity!

Sen. Inhofe Calls for Inquiry Into 'Suppressed' Climate Change Report

(Nope can't get the report at the end to click but news is still there)

EPA researcher on why his controversial global warming report

(mentions his 38 years work experience and shows the email)

I wonder who else we'll eventually find out was suppressed or haven't come forward.

(Yep I know don't believe Fox News but it's only magically credible when supporting the other side)

Originally posted by DailyBuzz

There are many more interests at stake here than just a single petroleum based company.

Yep I totally agree there are helpers, technicians, drillers, and etc. servicing these rigs that are not thought about when demonizing energy production.

(people who need jobs)

To be fair I think in Wall Street's court there was massive speculating.

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• VemoiVemoi Member Posts: 1,546

Vote the democrats out in 2010 if it isn't too late allready.