Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

malware on mmorpg.com(?)

Hi there, upon entering the topic of Huxley going f2p i receive this message:

Warning: visiting this site may damage your computer.

The website www.mmorpg.com contains elements of the site themidnightgas.com, which seems to host malware.

im using Google Chrome as the browser..

MMOs currently playing: -
About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

Comments

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

I don't get that, I clicked on the topic etc, and I'm using google chrome.

It's most likely an ad that's causing it. Happens to me everytime I go to mininova, and I don't get malware from it.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

let me guess your using AVG?

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Lol ;AVG.  Worst antivirus ever.

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

I'm using Chrome and AVG and get that message on certain threads.  I don't take chances anymore, even if they're false  positives.

Every antivirus program is the worst EVAR depending on who you ask=)  But since I'm curious, whats the best one this week?

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

well have fun then using avg and getting 99% of the time false positives its your loss its a piece of shit anti virus prog

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

pardon me for the late reply, i kinda forgot this thread ^^

yes i am using avg, its not a piece of shit. i went to avg since avast didnt pick up a certain virus i received, and avg did. its also a light program. ive had like 2 of these malware messages in the last few months so i dont see how it can hurt me.

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I think i got that message yesterday too, and im not using chrome or avg. I'm pretty sure it was an advetisement thats causing it though.

• CuddlyBunnyCuddlyBunny Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by 3on1

Hi there, upon entering the topic of Huxley going f2p i receive this message:
    Warning: visiting this site may damage your computer.
    The website www.mmorpg.com contains elements of the site themidnightgas.com, which seems to host malware.
    im using Google Chrome as the browser..

Yea that happened to me once... it might be a malfunction on google chrome or some sort of glitch