Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Boxcraft-The tragedy in China

ZionioZionio Member Posts: 1

Hours ago,3.1.3.9981-to-3.1.3.10146 patch had been updated in China.

But we found something wrong,all the icons with skulls had been changed into boxes.

This is warlock's skill-Corruption,yeah,the icon is a bag

poor English,sorry

Comments

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by Zionio

Hours ago,3.1.3.9981-to-3.1.3.10146 patch had been updated in China.
    But we found something wrong,all the icons with skulls had been changed into boxes.
    This is warlock's skill-Corruption,yeah,the icon is a bag

poor English,sorry

I cannotr see that picture but, this is only way for blizzard to get WoW in china, chinese government think that images of skulls etc are harmful to the people and so blizzard swapped them out with somthing else.

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

How do they learn about the body in school?

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

How do they learn about the body in school?

With boxes... Duh!

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

What about skeletons in WoW, did they replace all their heads with bags and boxes?

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by Teala

What about skeletons in WoW, did they replace all their heads with bags and boxes?

As far as I know, skeletons themselves are taboo  - something about reverence for the dead. Makes mr wonder how they got The Forsaken around all that.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • bond284bond284 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by LynxJSA

Originally posted by Teala

As far as I know, skeletons themselves are taboo  - something about reverence for the dead. Makes mr wonder how they got The Forsaken around all that.

The chinese version didn't have exposed bones like the elbows and knees.

http://wow.gamona.de/images/news_guides/news/Chinese_Undead_Models_LOGO.jpg

• AlandoraAlandora Member Posts: 337

Yep, it's not dead people, it's BONES that they cannot show, which of course included skeletons.  So they still have zombies, just without bones showing through.    Skulls are of course a no-no also.   They probably were under time constraints because of all the problems in china, so they just put 'bags' every where.

really, it sounds 'strange' for us americans, but think about all the silly things Blizzard had to remove or couldnt' put into the game because of our beliefs or to not offend some tree-huggers.

Yes, it is different than our beliefs, but we probably edit a lot of crazy thigns that they would allow.   it's really a non-issue expcet for the fact that they replaced the icons with some silly stuff.

• bond284bond284 Member UncommonPosts: 22

They're honestly just placeholders anyway. Give it a month and you'll see new icons. Blizzard can be very creative artisitically.

• kopemakopema Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by LynxJSA
    As far as I know, skeletons themselves are taboo  - something about reverence for the dead.

I wonder how many Chinese people seriously hold that belief?  Were any Chinese PLAYERS ever complaining about this?

Maybe it's just something the senile "revolutionaries" who run the country vaguely remember as bedtime stories from their childhoods, and they're trying to bring back a "cultural tradition" that doesn't really exist.

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756

This is wierd because I've played Aion in China and they have skeletons and bones. Apparently they just don't like WoW and want to put Blizzard through as many hoops as possible.