Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How rewarding is exploring?

jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I'm curious to know what kind of rewards there are for exploring, like are there random treasures and stuff? Or is it worth going over areas more times than once besides for stuff you know is there?

Comments

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

yes there is rare named spawns in teh game that drops nice items. there is those chests you can beat on till they open (pack a lunch, takes forever solo). unlike other games i've played, i see a named "ooo wonder what he drops" kill it drops absolutely nothing..then later find out its just a damn quest mob. its been said to death but it really took me back to the good ol eq days of hunting named, and the joy of finally finding taht one up that you've been hunting for hours.

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

the named mobs that are way out of way have good chances of droping greens. ive even killed quest named mobs and got greens so they definetly worth it also exploring u can find quest guys that are out of the way u wouldnt normaly find.and also u could find a spot no one been to to get awsome ss of to post. also u got those chests last post talked about too havent checked wikii but never know ther emigh be some type of exploration title dont know im type dont use websites to find stuff unless im lost

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155
    Originally posted by abyss610

yes there is rare named spawns in teh game that drops nice items. there is those chests you can beat on till they open (pack a lunch, takes forever solo). unlike other games i've played, i see a named "ooo wonder what he drops" kill it drops absolutely nothing..then later find out its just a damn quest mob. its been said to death but it really took me back to the good ol eq days of hunting named, and the joy of finally finding taht one up that you've been hunting for hours.

Yeah this guy got it about right, also you can admire the scenary. I got one of the big chests open and we got lots of green items. But the time it took to open the chest was about 3-4 hours and the drops are good.

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by patrikd23

Yeah this guy got it about right, also you can admire the scenary. I got one of the big chests open and we got lots of green items. But the time it took to open the chest was about 3-4 hours and the drops are good.

We? ... does that mean it took more then 1 player a few hours to open a chest ?? ... jeez.

Do the chests have the same mechanisme as mobs? Like, the one who does most damage gets to loot ?

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155
    Originally posted by MarlonB

Originally posted by patrikd23

We? ... does that mean it took more then 1 player a few hours to open a chest ?? ... jeez.

Do the chests have the same mechanisme as mobs? Like, the one who does most damage gets to loot ?

Yes us I was there for an hour before my friends came and a random. And yes the loot is max damage done, so I suggest you team up with like 3-6 people. The more people the fast you open the chest, they are high level and you do 1 damage on the chests. The more people that is in the team the more it drops it seems. I dont know 100 % but id say its like 70 % like that anyways.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

exploration is always its own reward

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Thanks for the replies guys. The chests sound kinda cool, although it seems like it could get real boring beating them for hours.

I didn't see, are the chests random spawns, or mob drops, or what?