Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QUESTION?!

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Is my writing so bad that people on these forums fail to understand what I write? 

Comments

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

My vote was in jest, I seriously don't think you need more schooling! honest!

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

I've personally never had an issue with your writing at all. It may be less of the posters not understanding you and more of that they don't like to see what you write because they don't agree with it.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

I enjoy your comments and writing.I really never pay much attention to one's perfection in writing skill,i enjoy the personalization of one's writing rather than the correctness of it.

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

No need for you to have good writing skills when you have such a huge rack.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Dekron

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Nah maybe those people who can't read your writing need to go back to school.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756

I'm concerned with what side someone takes.

The other side mostly happens to dwell with colors of text, grammar, sanity levels, and etc.  Usually when they're tired of actually debating.

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by Teala

That facepalm just doesnt work

?

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

that better?

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Nope, never had a problem with it. As others have pointed out I think it's more people not agreeing with what you say than how you say it. If they don't like it... F*CK EM!! ... Well ... not literally but you get my point.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

37.5% on go back to school which is the highest vote. You guys are cruel! I think you're average and besides, since when do you need amazing writing skills to be good in an MMO?! This is an MMORPG forum, even though this is the off topic section it's still part of MMORPG.com!

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Wtf happened to that Drug War in Mexico thread that you made? Mods delete it? I was actually genuinely interested in that, a rarity on these forums these days. I think your writing is fine, inflammatory at times yes but thats a good thing, makes for an interesting topic. Better then watching all the ridiculously cliche right and left wingers duke it out in the political threads.

O_o o_O

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

I personally cant understand why people are complaining about your writing. In my opinion your one of the breast writers around with some genuinly interesting tops er topics!

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Originally posted by AkaJetson

that better?

Yup.

?

Originally posted by HYPERI0N

I personally cant understand why people are complaining about your writing. In my opinion your one of the breast writers around with some genuinly interesting tops er topics!

lol! So sneaky man. R is near E so I bet your excuse is that was a 'typo'.

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

How do you know she has a huge rack?  Did you go see her dance?

Anyway, I think your writing skills are directly proportional to the amount a mind-altering substance you have coursing through your brain cells.  Although, I can't say for sure which state of mind puts you in top form grammatically.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by Man1ac

Captain Obvious is obvious.

O_o o_O

Question.  What brought about this thread?  Did someone criticize your writing skills or are you just asking out of curiousity?

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I think the only appropriate response to this is a firm "NO QUESTIONS!".  That will be all

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Zindaihas

Question.  What brought about this thread?  Did someone criticize your writing skills or are you just asking out of curiousity?

Oh I seem to be getting singled out lately by people saying my typing sucks or I need to learn writing skills because nobody makes that many mistakes unless they are just a very poor writer.   I'm talking about here on these forums at MMROGP.com of course.    I dunno.   I know I am not a master of the English language, but sheeesh....you'd think I was butchering it all to hell by the way some people manage to write huge, 100+ word, responses to one little typo to point this out to me.

Originally posted by Bigdavo

Originally posted by Man1ac

Captain Obvious is obvious.

Really? And I thought Captain Obvious would be..not obvious? That single post you made is by far the most pointless post I've seen on this forum.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Hopefully you realized I was just toying with you.

Well, that comment itself creates a picture to those with dirty minds.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Oh I seem to be getting singled out lately by people saying my typing sucks or I need to learn writing skills because nobody makes that many mistakes unless they are just a very poor writer.   I'm talking about here on these forums at MMROGP.com of course.    I dunno.   I know I am not a master of the English language, but sheeesh....you'd think I was butchering it all to hell by the way some people manage to write huge, 100+ word, responses to one little typo to point this out to me.

Ahhh. That's just an old sleazy debating tactic often used on the internet. If you can't argue with someone's actual point, you go after their spelling or grammar. It's crap, plain and simple -- and shows the weakness of the person making the attack.

Well screw them.  That's their problem, not yours.  If they are having trouble understanding what you are writing, I'd say that's more a reflection on their low intelligence than your writing skills.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

To be honest, I think that if you're an "average" writer, then you should go back to school. Think about how often you speak or write in a single day... if you do something THAT MUCH, you should go out of your way to be good at it. Especially considering how vital proper spelling and grammar are when it comes to your job.

As for Teala specifically, you generally write like a girly girl would talk. Which isn't a compliment. I don't write like I talk. No one should. Because if you talk with proper grammar, you'd sound stiff and awkward.

Your best bet would be to find a middle ground between the way you talk and the way you should write. Focus on what needs to be said, and try not to write like you're writing online. Think of it as being a semi-professional email session with other adults where you'd like them to respect your skills, but sneak in some of your personality here and there, even if it's just a /palmface or smile.

And ignore people who make fun of a slip or two here or there. The grammar nazi wrath should only be reserved for people who make posts overflowing with errors.