Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review Of Runescape

Kazzdude1Kazzdude1 Member UncommonPosts: 17

I had played runescape for around 2 years with 2 or 3 different major accounts. This game was AWESOME from the beginning. This was back in what i like to call the good days of runescape. Everybody could do good in it fairly easy. There was no trade limits, so everyone could merchant things and make a profit and people could make their own prices and things were just great. Then there was this huge commotion about autoers and bots like it most rpgs. They were fillin up the free worlds completely and it was hard to do anything. Jagex went insane and took away the wilderness and took away staking, and put in a trade limit. These were the 3 main ways to make cash. There was a 3 day riot in world 66 (kinda like 666). Jagex then put in a thing called Grand Exchange. The grand exchange was supposed to make things better and easier. Well it made things easier but not better. The wild has been brought back and the trade limit was brought up to around 10,000 now. The main problem now is grand exchange. When something in it is sold, the price drops a lil or if its not sold at all it raises. Things have screwed up majorly in prices now. What was a 50million dollar helmet can now be 10mil in just 4 or 5 months. I quit runescape back in february because of that and because of the immaturity. I felt immature playing it because there were so many arguments. And they were pathetic too. A person might come up to you and call you a nerd then turn right around and say they'd own you on their level 138 main. If im a nerd and you can kill me in a game... what does that make you? Pathetic comebacks and much more just isnt worth it. Its only good if you have nothing else to play and want a free game with no downloading. Your choise

Realise the impotence of proof reading everything you publish

Comments

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Interesting. RS was my first MMO, and I didn't think it was worth it unless you paid the measely $5 a month for Membership. It was sooooooooo much better being a Member, almost three times the content for a third of the price of a full MMO. Either way though, I can agree with what you said: it was much better a few years ago.

• Raikage15Raikage15 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Comnitus

Interesting. RS was my first MMO, and I didn't think it was worth it unless you paid the measely $5 a month for Membership. It was sooooooooo much better being a Member, almost three times the content for a third of the price of a full MMO. Either way though, I can agree with what you said: it was much better a few years ago.

I'm glad this guys a pro on this site. He just summarized RuneScape's history for people who don't even have a clue what a rune or a scape is.

~Raikage15~
    ~SAYS~
    ...:::F::A::L::E:::...

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

Refering to combat this way is more the way kids behave all the same. There is a much much bigger lot of different styles of playing RS but look at  The Flaws Of Runescape for a much wider understanding of what realy is wrong since the immature teenagers getting to 20 year olds still are too ignorant of the mess they are making of the game by basically mixing everything together thus removing the purpose behind different styles and now PKing isn't dedicated to that and buying the gear needed from skillers is gone thus the market is destroyed to everyone, not just PKers any more.

Also not having a minimum price for all items means everything will be worthless and, unless you play 24/7 to get everything fast, by time you earn your item the updates will then drop its value far too much meaning long time players millions of property wealth is now only a few tens of thousands worth. If you make the lowest price known then everyone wants that price, good on Jagex destroying the economy all on their own so who really is the noobs or nerds?

• chizzle789chizzle789 Member Posts: 3

runescape was awsome but now its not that great its better in some ways ut not really i do still play it mostliy beacause of min games like trawler and kingdom management its fun but not very

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Nicely done. I share the same opinion with you.