Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Beta 5 Begins Friday, Gets English VO

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The fifth closed beta test weekend begins this Friday, July 31st, 2009 at noon PST. In addition, the English voice-over work for Aion will finally begin appearing in the beta.

As far as the voice over goes, you'll be able to check out the different English character voices at creation, experience English voice-over narration in cutscenes, as well as a smattering of minor English voice over bits such as NPC greetings.

Though, what is surely to be the star of these additions, is the implementation of English VO in the racial prologues. You can check them out ahead of time here.

NCsoft has also provided sample tracks of the voice-over to whet your appetite for Friday, which can be found over at AionSource.

Comments

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

English intro vids look and sound awesome. By the way mistyping Asmodians as "Assmodians" (video title on youtube) isn't very cool :P

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Wooo! I just got the pre-ored this week so im really looking forward to checking it out. My hope is it'll bring something more to the table then the others mmorpgs on the market because I've grew bored of most of them. I'm currently playing GWs because for me the mmorpgs out these days are very similar...only time will tell if Aion will peak my interest. :-)

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

WooHoo 5th chance to play a boring wow/war clone with wings,

no thanks tryed to play the 1st and 2nd weekend but was dull and boring.

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by EricDanie

English intro vids look and sound awesome. By the way mistyping Asmodians as "Assmodians" (video title on youtube) isn't very cool :P

I didn't do it. Not our account. :)

• NerdDudeNerdDude Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by WeaponX

WoW is just Ever Quest light with cartoon graphics. :p

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

Woohoo! 6466161046401990163 chance to read someone's highly limited opinion as if we care!

No thanks. I tried to get over the other shallow and limited opinions on this board but yours was more dull and boring than most.

• gorillaz951gorillaz951 Member Posts: 160

Finally! I've been getting bored with the whiny korean voices. 

Currently playing: Star Wars: The Old Republic, World of Warcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends

Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2, Tera, Kingdoms of Amular, Firefall

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

What amuses me about this game, is that it has more of a chance to be DAOC 2 than WAR did. Many of the X Daoc'ers are chomping at the bit for this game, and I have to say the more I see of it the more its reminding me of my old home there.

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

The patch is now available.  I highly recommend starting the patch now rather than later because the download is coming in at a weak 17 KB/s and is going to require several hours to finish.

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

One man's junk is another man's treasure.

I'm not planning on playing Aion either. It doesn't look like my cup of tea (although I'm interested in keeping up with the news). I suppose I could jump in and bash it as well. That would make me look awesome, cool and win the internet, right?

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• lifehuelifehue Member Posts: 77

awww...I was looking forward to the beta with voice overs, but I can't play this weekend (maybe for a short time on Sunday?)

I hope the voice overs will sounds better in game than the samples that were posted before.

have fun everyone!

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I wish they had gone with a more European English, but I can't complain!

Asphelumbra/Arielumbra, people :D

• ScyrisScyris Member UncommonPosts: 149

Eww I hope there is a option to use the japanese or whatever langaue it was, the spell casts were cool, english VO will just ruin the game I can see it now.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by Mysk

The patch is now available.  I highly recommend starting the patch now rather than later because the download is coming in at a weak 17 KB/s and is going to require several hours to finish.

d/loaded last night took around 3 hrs.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by Scyris

Eww I hope there is a option to use the japanese or whatever langaue it was, the spell casts were cool, english VO will just ruin the game I can see it now.

Have to agree. I really love the spellcasting voices. Some of the character voices, however, are really bad.

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Mysk

it's been available since thursday morning, i checked it around 6am European time (wasn't there wednesday night).... had the vids and tutorials watched before breakfast... amazingly only took 30 minutes to download...

this thread is hardly exclusive news, it's over 24 hours late (patch wise for confirmation) ;) plus the CB5 details have been on the aions main site since tuesday

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by streea

Originally posted by Scyris

Have to agree. I really love the spellcasting voices. Some of the character voices, however, are really bad.

Yeah ive seen a lot of good Japanese movies ruined by english dubbing. They always seem to overdo the personality type they are trying to get across. Hopefully there will be some language options in the game.