Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC GM's

Ok since my last run in with the AoC GM's I have had another (this makes two out of 5 time I have conatacted GMs in MMOs in 8 years.)  Somehow 1g dissapeared from my inventory, I checked my bank and I didn't buy anthing but 5c potions.  When I /petitioned it I was told only gold that is transfered between players is tracked and they couldn't help me, as you all know 1g early in the game is hard to come by.

I have already started a new game but though I would play out my time since I didn't know they would charge me at the end of the two weeks, at least LotRO didn't do that.  Now they can keep my other 26 days as money in the bank.

I reacitvated my 3 accounts in EQ  tonight I would rather give my money to an old good game than a new crappy one.

Comments

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

1 gp is not that important.

A GM did contact you.

have fun in EQ

I need more vespene gas.

• ULQQKEDULQQKED Member Posts: 28

I shouldn't have said  a new game, let me clear that up first because I'm an EQ vet.  1g IS a big deal when staring up and yes I will have fun in EQ again, in-fact I did so for 4 hours tonight.

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

Did you take some screen shots of your conversation with the GM's?

Post them please, or else it didn't happen......

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Can I ask too please what level are you? and do you have any other character and what level are they?

Hope EQ works out for you again after tries with WAR, LOTRO and AOC. And I really mean that in a nice way.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Screenshot or it didn't happen? Yea right. Why exactly would the OP do that?

Once upon a time I was keeping log of all my ingame conversations, spanning in years worth of logs (not screenshots though). I've reached a point though where I thought it didn't matter whether I could prove what I said at any given time or not.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

odds are he held down an ammount modifier key and bought enough 5c potions to spend one gold, happens alot when vendoring and noy paying attention.

• ULQQKEDULQQKED Member Posts: 28

I only took one of the petition, after the response I didn't care because I won't be back to this game, if you want to make sure I was Rukky on The Set server.    Bash me if you want because this is the last time I post or read the boards on this fail of a game.

Originally posted by badboybill

Originally posted by Falfeir

1 gp is not that important.
    A GM did contact you.
    have fun in EQ

Maybe 1 gp is important to him. And so what if a GM contacted him? He didn't do anything!

Of course it is important to him, he's the one that lost it (somehow) but in AoC (depending on your level of course but there isnt much you can do with 1 gp at lvl 20) gathering 1 gp is very easy thus not important.

The GM contacted him, thats the moral of story. He had a problem, there was one to solve it. Its a shame and waste of time it turned out to be a "somehow" case.

I need more vespene gas.

Noticed your level 50 in the picture, was the 1g the free gold you might of got with a level 50 as part of a create a new level 50. I mean was it a character that started at level 50 or one that worked to level 51.

I have never heard of precisely 1g disappearing before.

So if I call a plumber to fix my toilet, he comes to my house, but doesn't DO anything, I should be happy?
    p.s. 1 gp is big money for a low level character and maybe not everyone is an expert money farmer like yourself

just love these examples. if you call a plummer to fix your toilet and if the problem with your toilet is you missing the hole, he probably cant do anything about it. But again, similarly, its a shame and a waste of time. spend the money on consumables, call a gm for refill, rejoice, oh the happiness! the joy!

I need more vespene gas.

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Hammertime1

Did you take some screen shots of your conversation with the GM's?

Post them please, or else it didn't happen......

Those are always funny, especially after the incident with the AoC GM cybering ;)

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm?BHCP=1%2C1%2C1&THREAD=192300&bhcp=1

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

I ask myself; would I like the company to spend their money going through logs for someone that lost/misplaced/whatever 1g or to put that money on making the game better?

Tbh; 1g.... You should have this by.... level 25 if you just take two craps and put it on the trader. Before level 40; you really dont need any money at all.....  And leaving bc of this.... I think you left for another reason, and are just irrational about and blowing this out of propotions.

Also checked the OP char out. Seems to be a level 48 bear shaman. 1g... You must really not know how to use trader or sell trash to vendor.....

Just out of curiosity; I petitoned a GM in "that other game" about loosing 10 silver(that other game eqvivalent to 1g in aoc). I did get a response after about 40 min saying that it was nothing they could do. 

Q: Do I have to much time?

A: Yes

• KozomKozom Member Posts: 121

1g is as important in early game as this thread is in this forum. 

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I can't tell you one game that will give you back any money for any reason outside of your account being stolen/hacked (And even than, sometimes not), or something willfully scamming you (IE I'll craft that for 5 gold, take gold and leave).

Maybe you spent it on something, maybe you accidently clicked the wrong button. Maybe you had a fat finger incident.  Point is, it is 1g, and oh god sure it's "low level", you will get it back later.

I would enjoy to see a Gm give people money because they "thought they lost some" with no evidence.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Noticed your level 50 in the picture, was the 1g the free gold you might of got with a level 50 as part of a create a new level 50. I mean was it a character that started at level 50 or one that worked to level 51.
    I have never heard of precisely 1g disappearing before.

Hey Avery, Is this a trend were seeing here ? Nahh its always been this way with anyone one in CS, GM's, Devs. Humm i would say were starting to see a not so good track record.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

Funniest part about that GM cybering incident was when some Funcom fanbois (some of who we have here even today) DEFENDED that horny GM :) It was like telling a rape victim it was all her fault.
    Some fainbois are so diehard they will defend Funcom no matter what happens :)

The guy was level 51 and not a low level player. Possibly the free 1g you get when you make a level 50 character.

And your trying to put a GM and a rape victim in same sentance. Nuts.

So then it looks like you was around then and coupled with other replies you put making you no stranger here on a new account. Interesting.

Most haters usually taper off at 200 posts :) lets see how much of a diehard hater you are. Oh and a couple also had level 80 necros, most interesting again.

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

I've been baffled many a time by the claims  that the game masters in Age of Conan was unhelpful.

In all my time as an mmorpg player I've never come across a game with better support. In WoW I never got any help, neither did my guild, even in the most obvoius of cases, and always I got the "Don't hesitate to contactt a GM if you need help" after they did nothing to solve the problem.

In AoC, my grievances have  been sorted in-game in 14 out of 15 cases.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

Originally posted by Barteaux

I've been baffled many a time by the claims  that the game masters in Age of Conan was unhelpful.
    In all my time as an mmorpg player I've never come across a game with better support. In WoW I never got any help, neither did my guild, even in the most obvoius of cases, and always I got the "Don't hesitate to contactt a GM if you need help" after they did nothing to solve the problem.

Maybe you were lucky? Many people have had problems with GM's in AoC. Imo biggest problem is that it can take hours and hours from them to arrive and once they do, the often say they can't do anything about your problem.

It's happened too many times to be explained by luck, but yes, it has sometimes taken more than an hour, but opposed to other games, the GMs in AoC actually do help.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• KrewelKrewel Member Posts: 390
    Originally posted by Barteaux

Then you've obviously played a different game or were a douchebag to GMs or something. I've had nothing but nice and useful responses from them.